Lifeforce

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Product Description
From the director of Poltergeist and co-writer of Alien comes a thrilling sci-fi adventure of explosive action and pulse-pounding suspense. With mind-blowing special effects by OscarÂ(r) winner* John Dykstra, Lifeforce is a sci-fi extravaganza that delivers out-of-this-world excitement. A mission to investigate Halley's Comet discovers an even more fascinating phenomenon: an alien spacecraft! After a deadly confrontation, the aliens travel to Earth, where their seductive leader (Mathilda May) begins a terrifying campaign to drain the life force of everyone she encounters. Her victims, in turn, continue the cycle, and soon the entire planet is in mortal danger.And when the mission's sole survivor (Steve Railsback) sets out to destroy her, he comes face to face with the most charmingand horrifyingbeing he's ever known. Will he be able to destroy the lovely vampiress...or will he become yet another victim of her fatal charm? *1977: Visual Effects, Star Wars
Amazon.com
Director Tobe Hooper was a hot property after he scored apopular hit with Poltergeist (thanks in part to producer Steven Spielberg), so his follow-up film was the most wildly ambitious of his career to date. Armed with a big budget and a special effects crew led by Star Wars pioneer John Dykstra, Hooper and Alien cowriter Dan O'Bannon whipped up a movie that must be seen to be believed. That's not really a compliment, since Lifeforce isn't much of a movie when all the sound and fury is over. But you've got to admit there's something crazily admirable about a movie that starts out as a science fiction adventure about a mission to explore Halley's comet, turns into an alien-invasion thriller featuring a beautiful naked woman (Mathilda May) who's a vampire from space, and escalates into an end-of-the-world disaster flick! It's got everything you could want from a horror movie--from zombies running amok in London to rotting corpses and energy bolts to signal the apocalypse to come! Holding it all together is Steve Railsback as the Halley mission survivor who holds the key to mankind's salvation--but what fun is saving the world when you could be seduced by a sexy naked space vampire? Check out Lifeforce to see how it all turns out. --Jeff Shannon

This summary on Amazon drastically oversells the excitement in this film. Space Girl was hot, but other than that it was pretty lame.

I watched it because of the glowing reviews on this thread:

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb...w-scene-to-be-added-to-dvd-in-06-a-54687.html

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089489

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went back and read the reviews in that thread. For some strange reason, the following post stands out::)

AzStevenCal said:
I have no idea what that movie is about but I've watched it a hundred times. Lifeforce is the reason Rewind, Pause and Slow Motion were invented.

Steve

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sure I had seen this but to be honest I don't recall it one bit.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Then there's no way you can have possibly seen it. You'd remember her walking naked through the entire film.

You'd remember:

Last edited by a moderator:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Come for the nudity, stay for even more nudity. The walk down the stairs is probably my favorite nudity scene from the movies, although I'll always have a soft spot for Apollonia (Godfather).

Steve

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard