Durant to Suns

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No I didn't. I am well aware.

No F ing way he was a notch above Bridges. Comparable - OK.

If the deal had been Mikal, Crowder and Biz for KD that would be close to equivalent to the Barkley deal. 4 first rounders a Swap and Cam Johnson means this is almost 3 times as much trade value. Stop comparing them.
Nah you’re wrong for the reasons I pointed out above. We sold at peak value with Perry and Lang, but they were perceived as younger blossoming pieces. With hindsight we see we sold at precisely the right time. But they were viewed as potential. Crowder is end of the line role player who hadn’t played a minute, cam is a nice, often injured player. And horny was a bit better than bridges. The picks are the true difference maker and they (a) won’t be much early; and (b) are who knows items late.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huge overswing by the Suns.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Meh. If they can get 3 all the more power to them. However, the other team is going to have to trade more assets than 3 picks the other way. So, this Tweet seems a bit misleading.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
People kvetching about the draft picks - get back to me when ANY of the franchises stockpiling all of these future picks (i.e., OKC, Orlando, Houston, Utah, Brooklyn) turn into an NBA powerhouse. I'm willing to bet that by 2030, all of the above will likely still be NBA bottom feeders.

The only real way to win big in this league is to heist the stars from someone else. Yes, occasionally you can luck out and get the first pick in a draft with the next Kareem / Shaq / Lebron. That happens about once every 20 years. Most of the other franchise changers are just good scouting and pure dumb luck to have someone like Giannis or Jokic or Lillard fall in your lap.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There’s was no Booker? What do you KJ was? He was our Booker.
No. He was not on the level of Booker, he was a 20 point scorer, not 27.

We are talking about Mikal who averages 17 and Hornacek who averaged 20. 7 > 3

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I saw what we looked like with Bridges as number 1...we lost like 11 out of 12. Sucks balls to lose him but don't act like we gave up Book. The key is Ayton. Never thought I'd say it but I'm excited for this line up with Ayton and glad he was the piece we kept

Reaction score
Booker, Ayton, and CP3 want to know what in the heck you are talking about.
My point had nothing to do with them. It was that for what we gave up, we should have gotten a superstar who could nearly alone lead a team into the finals, and if surrounded by Westbrook and Hardin, win.

But I've said my piece. Mark me down as this is not just a bad move, it's a terrible move esp when all those missing draft picks aren't there.

Reaction score
You are not getting a HOF player without giving up one of your big pieces. I know people would have wanted to give up a ton of bench players but that isn't realistic. Also, the picks are also not a big deal. The team is going to have a good record for at least the next few seasons which means those picks have no shot at being lottery picks. Was it a lot? Yep, it was a ton. They better win it all now.
I agree, you're rolling the dice on "now." But Paul is aging fast. His shooting from 3 has improved. Why? Because he's not able to get to his 18 footers as easily as in the previous years. Yes, we get more starting firepower. But now who is the scorer off the bench? Who is the lockdown guy on the other team's best scorer? I get the give up a lot to get a lot mentality. I think they gave up way too much.

We'll see. My prediction is we exit at or before the same point as last year.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My point had nothing to do with them. It was that for what we gave up, we should have gotten a superstar who could nearly alone lead a team into the finals, and if surrounded by Westbrook and Hardin, win.

But I've said my piece. Mark me down as this is not just a bad move, it's a terrible move esp when all those missing draft picks aren't there.
Cmon man 2 of them are gone after 25. it's not like 9 picks lol

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Woj said Suns were closing in on a three team deal that would of brought John Collins here when Ishbia said it’s KD or bust and personally got on the phone with Joe Tsai

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Woj said Suns were closing in on a three team deal that would of brought John Collins here when Ishbia said it’s KD or bust and personally got on the phone with Joe Tsai
Ishbia is a smart man. He has no emotional attachment to any player on this roster and knew exactly what needed to be done.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People kvetching about the draft picks - get back to me when ANY of the franchises stockpiling all of these future picks (i.e., OKC, Orlando, Houston, Utah, Brooklyn) turn into an NBA powerhouse. I'm willing to bet that by 2030, all of the above will likely still be NBA bottom feeders.

The only real way to win big in this league is to heist the stars from someone else. Yes, occasionally you can luck out and get the first pick in a draft with the next Kareem / Shaq / Lebron. That happens about once every 20 years. Most of the other franchise changers are just good scouting and pure dumb luck to have someone like Giannis or Jokic or Lillard fall in your lap.

I can live with the draft picks but including both Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson was a gigantic overpay. There is no way around it. Mikal Bridges was playing at a star level for Phoenix.

The Suns put their future on a credit card and it will haunt the Suns for years to come. Cam Johnson, four 1st round picks and expiring contracts was the limit. The Nets bent the Suns over. It was an act of desperation or a trade like a casual fan might make up. No reference to fans who have pinned their hopes on this trade.

My hope is a championship makes it worthwhile much like when the Lakers traded for Anthony Davis. I'm not holding my breath.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love how the folks that say we gave up way too much are also saying they'll be fine with it if we win... lmao
Both can exist.

This trade can be massively successful, or a huge dumpster fire.

My initial reaction was that we gave up too much, and it will not work out well. But that doesn't mean as a Suns fan I won't be overjoyed if proven wrong.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Man Ishbia told JJ ....hold up man I got this lol. I'm sure JJ sees the writing on the wall

Reaction score
I love how the folks that say we gave up way too much are also saying they'll be fine with it if we win... lmao
Well, I never said that. Sure I'd like a banner. I've been here longer than anyone, sitting through the Alcindor flip and the 2 seasons of missing the playoffs with the THIRD best record in the NBA and the Ritchie Powers non-call that cost us the 76 championship.

But it was still a bad trade. Any team with a couple of stars (i.e., Toronto) can get hot and win it all. Then never be heard from again. We traded a chance to be in the championship fight every single year for one, maybe two playoffs.

But that's my view. Won't mind being wrong, but I still think it was a bad trade.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave