Durant to Suns

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got up for my nightly wizz and check the site. Wife is over joyed. Kevin has long been a favorite for her. . She's over the moom. Not sure I'll be able to go back to sleep.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Earlier this week, on ticketmaster, the next home game had tickets available for as low as 30 bucks.

The cheapest ticket right now is 72. By morning when more people see the news I expect it will be far higher.

Sadly, I don't think Durant will play until after the all-star break.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone else looking forward to a Mavs/Suns showdown? Didn't even think until now that KD and Kyrie will be on opposing sides which adds a whole level of intrigue going forward. It really could be a classic if we face them in the playoffs.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My 5 yo son is gonna be bummed. He wore his new Bridges jersey every day last week.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I knew in order to get KD you were gonna lose Bridges. Cam is injury prone and was gonna be restricted...the draft picks ain't squat when you'll be contending the next 4 years. I think we made out like bandits as long as KD stays healthy. With Ayton playing the way he played against the Nets and him believing we are committed to him now...this line up is freaking scary

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hope that legendary suns medical staff can do wonders for him. Still the best in the league right?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Oh wow. I don't know how to feel. I think I am OK with the move- you go all in and hope for the best. KD is probably THE best player to ever play for the Suns. I don't know how anyone stops Booker and Durant with CP3 and Ayton being out there as well. I really think Ayton is the key here- there will be so much attention on KD and Booker that he should be free to operate freely in the paint.

That said, Mikal has been my favorite player for years. He's developed into a legitimate offensive threat while being one of the best defenders in the league. Also a huge fan of Cam Johnson. Losing that many picks is never a good thing, but hey- you are getting KD and a shot at the title this year.

Props to Ishbia- it takes some serious balls to make this deal your first day on the job.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Still have two open roster spots. Will really miss the players except Clam Chowder. Win the title now and on the way beat LA
I’m looking forward to a rematch with the Mavs and Pels who are now considered bigger rivals

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Waking up to this and my immediate reaction is oh no. Which is just what mikal said the other day on twitter.

I would not have done this deal.

but now our whole future relies on Durant staying healthy and not succumbing to age to soon, so I will hope for the best.

Mikal will very much be missed by me.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Um. Am I the only one who thinks we gave up way too much?
No, I agree.

we gave up our iron man, and now are relying on cp3 and age devestating him, book and his finicky hamstrings, ayton and his finicky mood, and durant and his deteriorating body.

its a desperation move for a title - these usually don’t work.

hoping for the best, but I am sceptical.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
No, I agree.

we gave up our iron man, and now are relying on cp3 and age devestating him, book and his finicky hamstrings, ayton and his finicky mood, and durant and his deteriorating body.

its a desperation move for a title - these usually don’t work.

hoping for the best, but I am sceptical.
The only hope is now maybe it will dawn on DA that this is real. There maybe was some apathy after the collapse last year, no confidence running it back w/o a legit 1 and 1A on the team going into the playoffs. DA is a clear #3 now and should have room around the baskets. Leave the "fade aways" and 18ft jumpers to Durant/Book and dominate the post for once!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Um. Am I the only one who thinks we gave up way too much?
I do. New guy got fleeced.

3 superstars that can’t stay healthy…and no depth. What could possibly go wrong?

I saw someone compare this to Barkley trade. Not even close. Barkley was 28/29 and in his serious prime…and the Suns only gave up 1 starter and 2 fringe depth guys. The future wasn’t mortgaged and Barkley didn’t have health issues.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You ready for the most bat **** crazy ride in the history of this franchise?

We gave up to much and now have a massive hole and never delt with CP37 being washed

If it works then it works but if it doesn’t we’re in for a world of hurt for a minute

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Props to AW for his Woj Bomb. Gambo was mocking the hell out of Windhorst yesterday afternoon. On Woj reporting BKY's stance on trading KD could change before deadline, Gambo said that is such a blanket statement and that he shouldn't have reported anything unless he knew they were open to trading Durant. Gambo then made a joke is wife may or not still be married to him tomorrow, insert foot into mouth. Gambo does that all the time with his predictions that only time he is right is when PHX doesn't pull the trigger because he shoots down a lot of rumors.

Hopefully he doesn't try and take credit for knowing something before Woj since he didn't think PHX could land KD late yesterday afternoon.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Props to AW for his Woj Bomb. Gambo was mocking the hell out of Windhorst yesterday afternoon. On Woj reporting BKY's stance on trading KD could change before deadline, Gambo said that is such a blanket statement and that he shouldn't have reported anything unless he knew they were open to trading Durant. Gambo then made a joke is wife may or not still be married to him tomorrow, insert foot into mouth. Gambo does that all the time with his predictions that only time he is right is when PHX doesn't pull the trigger because he shoots down a lot of rumors.

Hopefully he doesn't try and take credit for knowing something before Woj since he didn't think PHX could land KD late yesterday afternoon.
Gambo also said Suns had zero interest in Collins - but apparently that was our backup plan.

His sources are no longer in the building is what I am thinking.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
If they win a championship this year or next, it was worth it. If that doesn’t happen, they’re screwed. It’s a gamble that I think you have to do. I’d feel better about it if the depth was better. But man, a legit superstar.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave