Dragic will not sign extension with Suns

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Wow this place just became very dramatic in 5 minutes. :lol:

Do you honestly not think the players look at how teams treat their players? I know that I've turned down jobs after learning about how some employees are treated. This is a well-liked guy, who came back after we dumped him for a moldy cheese sandwich, earned himself a spot on the All-NBA team, and then he was demoted to third or fourth option. Trust me, players will remember that.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Wow this place just became very dramatic in 5 minutes. :lol:

Drama? This is the current landscape of the Suns. The organization is nowhere near as appealing as it was ~10 years ago for current and potential players. Players are disgruntled and there are no clearly-defined roles on the roster. This team is mismanaged from ownership all the way down to the ball boys. Unless McD can swing a trade for an elite front court player, he's screwed this up royally.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want the protection off that Lakers pick and Julius Randle. I swear if Phoenix brings back "swaggy P" in a deal I will protest outside the arena

The Lakers are included in a list of preferred destinations in an article written by Adrian Wojnarowski minutes ago at Yahoo Sports. It does not mean the Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks and Miami Heat are the only acceptable destinations. The Suns do have some leverage.

After informing the Phoenix Suns that Goran Dragic won't re-sign an extension this summer, agent Bill Duffy delivered the Phoenix Suns a list of preferred trade destinations that includes the Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks and Miami Heat, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...s-preferred-trade-destinations-040017423.html

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Man this is still really unbelievable.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Paul Coro @paulcoro
As @sam_amick reported, a source confirmed that Dragic wants to be traded. As many as 8 teams are interested. He has lost trust in #Suns.

And he's not the only one.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you honestly not think the players look at how teams treat their players? I know that I've turned down jobs after learning about how some employees are treated. This is a well-liked guy, who came back after we dumped him for a moldy cheese sandwich, earned himself a spot on the All-NBA team, and then he was demoted to third or fourth option. Trust me, players will remember that.

Players realize its a business, Dragic will remember, his brother (who's signing was a mistake) will remember... and no one else will care. Players go where either they're going to get paid or to hop on the coattails of a contender. I don't think this even remotely effects Phoenix status to future free agents in the slightest.

One needs to look no further than... Goran Dragic! Who returned to the Phoenix, after he'd been "screwed" and had his role reduced and struggled, but we offered him a contract that his previous team was unwilling to match and back he came.

I'd rather we kept him, but that does not seem to be an option anymore... but I'm also not going to get too broken up about it. He is a good but limitted player who only effects one end of the court and requires a specific setup to flourish. Ironically, the play style that suits him best is also the one that many of his most ardent supporters want the Suns to ditch.

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Man this is still really unbelievable.

Why is this so unbelieveable?

I predicted this would happen after like 8 games this year.

What's unbelieveable is that the Suns organization hadn't a clue about the pyschological make-up of one of their best players.

But don't worry Sunsfans, the Suns will get some nice pieces. Problem is though, the guy using them is as clueless about basketball as he is about his own players.

Dragic will end up in Houston.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'd rather let him walk for nothing than trade him to LAL, NYK or Miami. They have absolutely nothing that I'd want.

Well, for one thing, any trade to the Lakers could involve having the protection lifted from this years #1. Even with Dragic for the remaining season, they will probably end up in the top 5.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What's unbelieveable is that the Suns organization hadn't a clue about the pyschological make-up of one of their best players.

But don't worry Sunsfans, the Suns will get some nice pieces. Problem is though, the guy using them is as clueless about basketball as he is about his own players.

I think most fans knew the Suns were not going to keep 4 PGs. The question was who the Suns were going to let go. I believe market value plays a huge role. The Suns were keeping Bledsoe and IT/Ennis did not have much trade value.

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think most fans knew the Suns were not going to keep 4 PGs. The question was who the Suns were going to let go. I believe market value plays a huge role.

You believe what you want.

I believe most fans hadn't a clue about anything.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Saw this on RealGM and it just sums it up oh so well:

Bit of irony.

We wait 2 years for the next disgruntled star player, and it ends up being one of ours.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I guess you may be right because a lot of fans just go to be entertained. What I am talking about is Suns fans who are knowledgeable about the NBA.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's hard to argue with this.

Gonna be hard to sell this team as a FA destination after this. I'm sure others will say no, but that's gonna be a hard argument to make when a generally well liked guy, coming off an ALL-NBA season tells his team to shove it up their ass one year later.

yeah, I don't know. I think a lot of us have some real nostalgia for the Colangelos days and forget the many free agents who passed us by and the many, many bad moves they made. That said, I hate the way they've been using Dragic this season. They were in a tough spot last summer and I still don't know what I would have done except I never would have drafted Ennis.

Where did you read that the Phoenix Suns organization didn't have a clue? It's probably not a surprise to any of them. I mean even if he wanted to re-sign most everybody here seems to think that they couldn't do it at the price he's going to command on the open market. He's not going to give them a several million dollars per year discount and it's totally unfair to ask or expect him to do so.

I'm bummed because he's my favorite player, but at least we might get something for him and some excitement at the trade deadline maybe. I'm going to go be sad now.

Joe

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

I honestly did not believe the Suns would be stupid enough to demote Dragic in favor of Bledsoe and IT. Well, I knew Hornacek and McD were, but I really thought Sarver would step in, but I guess he's really not getting involved in basketball decisions anymore.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Back during the Colangelo days, the team found ways to make just about every player happy. Now, they've managed to piss off people to the point that they want out and no free agents want to come to Phoenix.

Awesome job, Suns.

Really? During Colangelo's time, good and popular players came in and were shipped out regularly. Heck, even Barkley mentioned the other day how pissed he was when the Suns traded him to Houston. I don't think trading Dragic will impact FA's in a negative way at all. I think the signing of IT and re-signing of Bledsoe will have a more positive impact.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why? Did you expect an All-NBA player to bow down to Bledsoe, Thomas, and Kieff?

Dragic will end up in Houston.
You guys are right but I just can't believe that we managed to piss off an All NBA player who was starting to look like he could be maybe be our franchise player in a matter of just 6 months.

Could anyone here have guessed all this would have happened back in May?

The IT signing is god awful. He better be on his way out as well, I don't give a s**t about him and his stats. Its time to blow this up and start giving time to all the rookies.

And SciFi, who are you referring to in the bolded?

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly did not believe the Suns would be stupid enough to demote Dragic in favor of Bledsoe and IT. Well, I knew Hornacek and McD were, but I really thought Sarver would step in, but I guess he's really not getting involved in basketball decisions anymore.

IT should become a backup PG or get traded now. If not, the Suns are in real trouble. None of this playing 3 PGs at a time.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think most fans knew the Suns were not going to keep 4 PGs. The question was who the Suns were going to let go. I believe market value plays a huge role. The Suns were keeping Bledsoe and IT/Ennis did not have much trade value.
I thought it was blatantly obvious when the Suns choose to sign Bledsoe to that crazy extension and then go out and sign Thomas.

This will go down as one of the worst moves in Suns history. Btw, can't they sign-and-trade him after the season? Or is that only for RFAs? Been out of the NBA loop for a while.

Send him to NY and let him wallow in piss poor basketball to finish his career.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm bummed because he's my favorite player, but at least we might get something for him and some excitement at the trade deadline maybe. I'm going to go be sad now.

Joe
May I ask what part of trading our All NBA player for pennies on the dollar is exciting to you?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I think he's referring to Hornacek, but I think Hornacek is just doing what he is told by McD and Babby.

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
yeah, I don't know. I think a lot of us have some real nostalgia for the Colangelos days and forget the many free agents who passed us by and the many, many bad moves they made. That said, I hate the way they've been using Dragic this season. They were in a tough spot last summer and I still don't know what I would have done except I never would have drafted Ennis.

Where did you read that the Phoenix Suns organization didn't have a clue? It's probably not a surprise to any of them. I mean even if he wanted to re-sign most everybody here seems to think that they couldn't do it at the price he's going to command on the open market. He's not going to give them a several million dollars per year discount and it's totally unfair to ask or expect him to do so.

Joe

I didn't read it anywhere.

I just watched what they did this year.

Here's how bad McDonough is.

Last year he was trying to tank because he didn't think they were any good.

This year he was trying to win but he might as well tank now.

Guy doesn't know his own players or his team.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought it was blatantly obvious when the Suns choose to sign Bledsoe to that crazy extension and then go out and sign Thomas.

This will go down as one of the worst moves in Suns history. Btw, can't they sign-and-trade him after the season? Or is that only for RFAs? Been out of the NBA loop for a while.

Send him to NY and let him wallow in piss poor basketball to finish his career.

I really doubt it. Its hard to picture Goran going and lighting it up with a contender, which is the only way it would qualify as among the Suns worst trades ever.

Heck, depending on what we get for him (removal of protection from the Laker pick?) it might be looked at as one of our best moves ever.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:p

You guys are right but I just can't believe that we managed to piss off an All NBA player who was starting to look like he could be maybe be our franchise player in a matter of just 6 months.

Could anyone here have guessed all this would have happened back in May?

The IT signing is god awful. He better be on his way out as well, I don't give a s**t about him and his stats. Its time to blow this up and start giving time to all the rookies.

And SciFi, who are you referring to in the bolded?

Maybe not in May, but in September when the Suns signed Bledsoe to a 5 year, 70 million dollar contract, one had to think about it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard