Do you think Arians was more at fault for the last few drafts than Keim?

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by DVontel, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Jim Otis

Jim Otis Registered

Do I blame Arians ? No !I look at the pecking order . Commander in Chief --- Mike Bidwill ------- General Keim ------ Colonel Arians , why would I blame Arians ???

2. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

Because if you are going with the military theme, success and failure has more to do with Colonels/lieutenant Colonels/Captains than CiC and Generals.

Arians was such a plus coach in calling a game, but he made other really questionable moves. The LS fiasco. Leaving Kerwyn William's in to block the edge on a FG attempt and he was steamrolled for a kick block. Amos Jones. The coach absolutely has some say in personnel decisions.

3. Jim Otis

Jim Otis Registered

Let me add this . Do I believe in redemption , yes ? They screwed up big time last season , and it's my opinion that they have hit the Mother Load this season , I've watched the game of football since 1958 and I can't remember ever seeing a QB with the overall skill set that Kyler Murray has !

4. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

I understand what you're saying, if we knew then what we know now about Mahomes, compared to the perception of him at that time. "Air Raid" system QB's can't cut it in the NFL many were saying about him. Facts are facts though, sure they probably thought he would fall into their laps because of all the negativity but we needed a QB of the future. He was there for the taking if they would've only got aggressive? Water under the bridge now bro, let's just hope KM is as good as advertised? I believe he is but time will tell?

5. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

I started watching football in 1964 (right after the Cardinals beat the Yankees in the WS). I was 6 years old at the time. In my heart of hearts, I agree 100% with what you're saying. Many on this board are non-committal towards Murray. And that's OK. Hell, most of my friends that have football savvy, are also non-committal about his chances in the NFL. Honestly, there has never been anyone that is quite like him before. He's almost a combination of Tarkenton (elusiveness, accuracy, field vision), Marino (quick, effortless release), Mahomes (multiple arm angles, baseball arm strength), and Wilson (uncanny ability to make something out of nothing).

No one has quite pinpointed some intangibles that I believe he possesses that will ultimately define just whether Murray ever gets to that "special" level. Everyone could/can see the "burn in the belly" that guys like Brady, Brees, Kelly, Elway, and Favre possessed. Then you had the cerebral & talented guys like P Manning, Unitas, Rodgers, Aikman, and Montana. I truly believe that Murray possesses both of these qualities above. He may not wear his emotions on his sleeve like Mayfield, but Lincoln Riley has said many times that Murray is every bit as intense as Mayfield is. Riley has also indicated that Murray is the most cerebral & prepared QB he has ever coached at any level. Time will tell.

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  6. cardpa

cardpa I'm all right

This may very well have been true so it makes me wonder why they didn't try to swing some trades that would have position them to select better prospects to fill holes that would have been happening down the road and keeping the roster filled with better players who would be ready to set in when the time was right. Draft less players but get better overall talent.

7. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

:shrug: I mean, in my opinion, we did that big time with Chandler Jones. The team still needed a good amount of young players for depth, since we were always right up against the cap. Can't have everything.

8. cardpa

cardpa I'm all right

I am not arguing against your position, I am just saying the team could have taken a better route instead of drafting high risk guys with amazing measurable they could have tried to position themselves by trading draft choices for either quality young vets or better skill players available in the draft.

9. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

Might as well just anoint him the new Jesus Christ.

At least put a strong IN MY OPINION before these kinds of posts. Good God almighty. About as realistic as when Mitch would post "Why don't we trade our equipment manager for Tom Brady and Bill Bellicheck" trade ideas.

Solar7 and cardpa like this.
  10. Krangthebrain

It is his opinion.

LOL why do you get so bent out of shape over stuff like that.

Kyler Murray is going to be the best Pope ever!

Cardsfaninlouky, daves and Stout like this.
  11. Krangthebrain

But studies done on the draft show it's better to draft MORE players at lower picks, since every pick is essentially a gamble and having more opportunities to pick means more chances for success.

You see Baltimore trade down. Seattle does it. New England does it. Those are three of the better drafting teams.

12. PACardsFan

Fyi, there is only 1 Jesus Christ.

13. Stout

Yep, and KM ain't him. And only the late great JC would be talented enough to live up to what you already claim KM is.

Okay, 5/5 for the pope joke :)

Why? Because if anybody dares question KM's imminent HOF career, they get roasted, but calling KM a combination of a bunch of best evers before his first preseason is perfectly cool. Yeah, no. I have severe doubts about KM, and he sure in the hell ain't in the HOF yet. Instead of the KM lovers collectively going down on him, perhaps we should, you know, let him play first.

Look, I get it. We sucked, and people want to grasp at everything to hope we'll be better. I hope we're better too, that we can improve enough to make the playoffs and someday win the SB. Unfortunately, this is a place of extremes. If you dare question that we're going to be a transcendent offense under KK and KM, you're horrible. Call me horrible, then, because it's a 100 percent risk, and can easily blow up in our faces. I am not optimistic, but I'll hope I'm wrong.

Solar7 likes this.
  14. Stout

Oh, and actually, no. He made a statement without qualifiers, flat out saying it is so.

15. PACardsFan

Since he hasn't played a single game for the Cardinals, EVERYTHING said is an opinion. Just because I didn't add the IMO bs, doesn't mean squat. Look, if you don't like my optimism, then don't read what I write. You can go ahead & be a Debbie Downer. That's your choice. If we're 10 games into the season & Murray is completing 45% of his passes & thrown 20 interceptions & I'm still comparing him to great QB's, then you can complain or laugh at my posts. Until then, you only sound bitter. And at this stage in the season, as fans, there should only be room for optimism. Certainly not the anti-Murray pessimism that you spew.

DVontel and Krangthebrain like this.