15 thoughts - free agency

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. I have my kindling ready. LOL.

I REALLY hope we do not re-sign Bucannon, can that trend just be over.......please!

To stay with linebackers, PLEASE do not re-sign Gerald Hodges, I understand that the team "needs" to keep Reddick on the roster, but .....a linebacker, draft one, sign one, PLEASE!

Bynes is good but he is only available for 10 games a year tops.

I cannot believe this team went from Dansby and Washington to this.

Sign Denzel Perryman, or Ramik Wilson. They may not be tops in the league but they could play better than what we have.

Then draft Tre Lamar, or Germaine Pratt, or Tre'Von Conley, or Terrill Hanks, or Joe Giles-Harris, or DeShaun Davis, or Cameron Smith, or Bobby Orekere, or Joe Dineen, JR, or Ryan Connelly, or T.J Waston.........just draft a flippin ILB! Cardinals.

Ok...I am done, thank you.
Athletic guys and not the old time “road graders”. Don’t know what Barksdale would be described as.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would like to know myself. I am admittedly a Barksdale fan, but I am more curious on what type of offensive lineman the offense is looking for. If Barksdale does not fit the bill so be it.

I get the offensive skill pieces but I am at a loss on what this offense needs out of their offensive linemen.

One would question if Barksdale doesn't fit, then does Pugh, or Humphries ? Even Cole ?

I have been wondering about that exact thing. I just know that I will be heavily disappointed if they do not sign at least one of the best available offensive linemen.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Would drafting Murray along with KK’s system take a lot of pressure off the o-line?

Good point and question. I would actually think that Kingsbury himself will help the offensive line the most with his system, at least if he uses some of the same elements as he did at Texas Tech. Their quarterbacks were rarely even touched, and over the last five years their quarterback were sacked the fourth-least on dropbacks of all quarterbacks in college football.

Having said that, some of it had to do with the quarterback they had, and how they were able to scramble around. I think Rosen is more athletic than given credit for, but he is obviously no Kyler Murray in that regard.

By the way, Texas Tech’s offensive lineman were apparently very athletic and agile while Kingsbury was there.