Denver Broncos/Nuggets/Rockies And Denver As A Whole Sucks

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
..."Beulah Red" is the name of the red marble that gives the Colorado State Capital its distinctive splendor. Cutting, polishing, and installing the marble in the Capital took six years, from 1894 to 1900. All of the "Beulah Red" marble in the world went into the Capital. It cannot be replaced, at any price?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...Denver lays claim to the invention of the cheeseburger? The trademark for the name Cheeseburger was awarded in 1935 to Louis Ballast.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...Colfax Avenue in Denver is the longest continuous street in America?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on Gee!'s criteria for what makes a great city, here is a potential list:

1) Compton, CA
2) El Paso, TX
3) Sacramento, Ca
4) Salem, OR
5) Midland, TX

Fixed that for you.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Urban legend has it that Colfax Avenue in metro Denver -- US 40 from Golden through Denver to east Aurora -- is the longest street in the U.S. at 27 miles. Wrong! I've found a handful that are 10 miles longer, including El Camino Real in south metro San Francisco, Telegraph Road in west metro Detroit, and Sepulveda Boulevard in west metro Los Angeles. I've also heard Colfax referred to as the longest "commercial street" in the country, but that's such an ambiguous phrase there's no way to confirm that.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Urban legend has it that Colfax Avenue in metro Denver -- US 40 from Golden through Denver to east Aurora -- is the longest street in the U.S. at 27 miles. Wrong! I've found a handful that are 10 miles longer, including El Camino Real in south metro San Francisco, Telegraph Road in west metro Detroit, and Sepulveda Boulevard in west metro Los Angeles. I've also heard Colfax referred to as the longest "commercial street" in the country, but that's such an ambiguous phrase there's no way to confirm that.
They recently lengthened Colfax 10.1 miles to the East. So, suck it.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
anyone know how long indian school road or buckeye road are? - seems like both have to be over 40 miles

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...Colorado has more microbreweries per capita than any other state?

...Denver has the largest city park system in the nation with 205 parks in City limits and 20,000 acres of parks in the nearby mountains?

..."Beulah Red" is the name of the red marble that gives the Colorado State Capital its distinctive splendor. Cutting, polishing, and installing the marble in the Capital took six years, from 1894 to 1900. All of the "Beulah Red" marble in the world went into the Capital. It cannot be replaced, at any price?

...Denver lays claim to the invention of the cheeseburger? The trademark for the name Cheeseburger was awarded in 1935 to Louis Ballast.
Who

Cares?

That just means you have the busiest prostitution street in America.. Colfax blows.. Literally..

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That just means you have the busiest prostitution street in America.. Colfax blows.. Literally..
They've cleaned colfax up quite a bit--especially the east end in Denver--now it's a pretty hip place and not at all seedy. You would have had a point 10 years ago, but now with the exception of really just a few blocks, it's a pretty nice street.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I spent a winter in Denver and all in all loved the weather - snow never stayed that long - could get hit with a storm on wednesday and then spend the weekend barbequing at the resevoir in 70 degree weather

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver sucks and Anthem is boring.. There is nothing left to discuss people.. Ive said what I had to say.. You all are just making yourself look foolish by debating this with me.. Now, please, do yourselves a favor and stop..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard