Deandre Ayton discussion

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
It's better than good. He had a rough start and then just really dominated the paint. He got zero help from the officials either.
The refs always give him crap fouls on defense that he’d never receive if he was on the offensive side of the ball. It’s ridiculous.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The refs always give him crap fouls on defense that he’d never receive if he was on the offensive side of the ball. It’s ridiculous.

He was fouled in the post multiple times but they don't count it for some reason. Maybe he needs to yell every time he is touched Lebron style

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

The Suns as a whole always get tagged.with crap calls. Ayton sees his share but its not exclusive to him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's better than good. He had a rough start and then just really dominated the paint. He got zero help from the officials either.
Yup, other than those first few awful possessions he dominated tonight at both ends of the floor.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Favorite comment from the Heat an play by play tonight

“Here’s Ariza!”

“Takes on Ayton!”

After a pause. “ Ayton won”

Satisfying on several levels.

oh man... I wish I could have heard that.

Ariza... that signing was a head scratcher to me from Day 1. F that guy and the money he stole from Sarver.

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
oh man... I wish I could have heard that.

Ariza... that signing was a head scratcher to me from Day 1. F that guy and the money he stole from Sarver.
Ask and you shall receive. Its at the 3:00 mark.

BTW. Listen to how many time the Heat announcers describe a player going right at Ayton and coming up empty.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

Registered
Reaction score

BTW. Listen to how many time the Heat announcers describe a player going right at Ayton and coming up empty.

that slip to get in front at his man at 33 seconds was a thing of beauty. need to see that a lot more.

taz02

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's the Ayton we need. We can beat any team in the league if he could do that on a regular basis.

overseascardfan

Reaction score
It seems that whenever he gets 12+ shot attempts he has a good game. I know why Booker gets most of the shot attempts but I think Ayton needs to take at least 15 shots a game. He's shooting 60% from field so if he gets more shots he should be scoring around 20 ppg not including FT's. I thought Paul's addition would mean more shots for Ayton but most attempts are taken by the wings.

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
There are only so many attempts available when running an offense at this speed. More shots for Ayton means less for someone else or a faster pace. Paul is already deferring his own scoring to others.

I don’t mind Ayton scoring 16-18 a game as long as he anchors the D and rebounds like last night. Put backs etc are huge.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They did make a conscious effort to feed Ayton early. It was a matchup Monty wanted to exploit

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns going to Ayton early set the tone for the Heat game even if some of the initial efforts were not successful. It had the Heat thinking about him and it put Ayton in an aggressive mind set.

I still watch personal fouls on Ayton closely. When he doesn't get early fouls he is a different player.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Normally Ayton would have been called for a personal foul against Bam at the 2:32 mark of the video.

They let him play last night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pokinmik