Deadpool

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deadpool is Fox isn't it? If they wanted to keep continuity with their portion of the Marvel Universe, it'd be with X-Men and Fantastic Four wouldn't it?

Yes, and that's what I meant (their portion of it). It appears they are just going to ignore the X-Men continuity.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, it says it's not the same Deadpool and yet they want to keep it connected to the current Marvel universe. I wonder how that is going to work. I guess they are just going to ignore the previous storyline all together.

It kind of annoys me when they do that kind of thing but I get it.

Most fans wish they would.

Deadpool is the Merc with a Mouth.

In X-Men Origins: Wolverine he was surgically altered and his mouth was sealed shut. Not the Deadpool of the comics. Not even close.

http://screenrant.com/xmen-origins-wolverine-deadpool-explained-gillis-woodruff-video/

The wise-cracking, fourth-wall-breaking gun for hire became a test subject, silent, gifted with laser vision and retractable katanas.

http://screenrant.com/deadpool-movie-wolverine-ryan-reynolds/

Deadpool was not happy with Deadpool in Wolverine. He has a sort of a WTF!? moment with that.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Yes, and that's what I meant (their portion of it). It appears they are just going to ignore the X-Men continuity.

Ah, gotcha! It makes sense to kind ignore the happenings that took place in the Wolverine movie IMHO.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/07/02/deadpool-image-released-producer-confirms-hard-r-rating/

A new spread in Entertainment Weekly has a new image of Deadpool, along with information about the movie’s tone.

We already knew the film, which was resurrected after test footage was leaked, would come with an R rating, and the movie’s producer wants to emphasize that it’s a “hard R.”

“It’s graphic,” said Deadpool producer Simon Kinberg. “Nothing is taboo. You either commit to a truly outrageous boundary-pushing kind of movie or you don’t.”

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is going to really be good or really suck major wind.....

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
This is going to really be good or really suck major wind.....

The trailer left me thinking "what happened in the 90s should stay in the 90s."

I'm switching gears...a little bit of Deadpool goes a long way...IMHO

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup and hopefully Reynolds makes up for Green Lantern.

I guess there is a scene where he basically goes off about Green Lantern in a round about way making fun of his stint as that character. They said they don't know if that makes it into the final film but it was shot.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Yup and hopefully Reynolds makes up for Green Lantern.

That wasn't his fault...that was a bad screen play, he made the most of it I would guess.

I think he will absolutely nail the Deadpool character--at least based on what the trailer showed. The part with him sitting on the bridge listening & singing along to music and doodling before action is just so Deadpool.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So doesn't Deadpool get killed by wolverine or is that a different character Reynolds played in x-men?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess there is a scene where he basically goes off about Green Lantern in a round about way making fun of his stint as that character. They said they don't know if that makes it into the final film but it was shot.

He does make a crack at it in the preview. Says don't make it green or animated when he is on the stretcher.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He does make a crack at it in the preview. Says don't make it green or animated when he is on the stretcher.

According to Tim Miller there were more than what you see in trailer. There was a scene they shot with Colossus:

“We shot a few more Green Lantern jokes, but I’m not sure how many will survive the cut. Ryan definitely had some Green Lantern issues to work out. We had about a minute’s worth of dialogue between him and Colossus where he talks about it, like, ‘So a guy comes with a thousand-dollar suit and says, ‘We want you to play a superhero,’ but there’s no script yet and the release date is completely unmakeable…’ He goes on this whole anti-Green Lantern run, but I’m not sure it’ll stay in, because probably not even half the people in the theatres will get those jokes…that scene’s one for the DVD extras, for sure.”

http://screenrant.com/deadpool-ryan-reynolds-green-lantern-issues/

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Green Band trailer #2:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red Band trailer #2:

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I first saw the trailer in the movies I thought it looked stupid, but after watching BIM's last trailer, I am looking forward to seeing it now. It looks pretty funny and I like Ryan Reynolds acting. He has come a long way from this movie.....

https://youtu.be/vIBBVzy5UoQ

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard