Deadpool

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So evidently some people received a surprise screening of this movie. The early buzz is Ryan Reynolds nails it and so does the movie.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I got my ticket to Thursday night in IMax. I expect this to be super entertaining.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
This was a funny, entertaining movie...from the opening credits to the post credit scenes it was a riot.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Figured it would be good. Look forward to see it.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
By the way for anyone wondering this is definitely not for young kids. Full nudity, sexual situations and sexually explicit jokes, lots of cursing and lots of blood and violence.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great movie. Definitely not for the kids. Honestly, it's almost as if Dead Pool was created for Ryan Reynolds. You couldn't ask for a more perfect depiction of Dead Pool. The movie was hilarious and definitely not your typical hero formula.

My guess is that based on the end credits scene (one of the best ever IMO....but not because it was action packed......won't spoil it) that they are going to have to up the budget big time for Dead Pool 2. Honestly.....I think Dead Pool might be my favorite character now.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
By the way for anyone wondering this is definitely not for young kids. Full nudity, sexual situations and sexually explicit jokes, lots of cursing and lots of blood and violence.

From seeing the red trailers, I knew this was clearly an adult only movie.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see this one. Might be going tomorrow (Saturday)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Every minute of this was funny. The movie was made for Ryan Reynolds. Funny and action packed. Wouldn't mind seeing it again.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
my daughter will be 15 in a couple months.....what is the general opinion on a girl her age seeing this one?

my thoughts are,...her mom let her see Magic Mike,..... this one should not be an issue...

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score
my daughter will be 15 in a couple months.....what is the general opinion on a girl her age seeing this one?

my thoughts are,...her mom let her see Magic Mike,..... this one should not be an issue...

The same decision you would make for an almost 15 year old son.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The same decision you would make for an almost 15 year old son.

just trying to gather some opinions...her mom says she does not think it is appropriate due to the sexual humor.... which I find absurd, considering the joy with which they watched MM together,.. and the fact the kid watches Game of Thrones with us every week...and has watched several episodes of Spartacus when it was on...... Deadpool seams a bit mild in comparison unless I am really missing something from the reviews.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had high expectations for this one--and it topped those expectations. Brilliant, from the beginning credits on.

WHOA! A rare positive revenue from Stout...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thought it was solid. surprised to see so many people glowing about it though.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deadpool

Release Date: February 12, 2016 (3D/2D theaters and IMAX 3D)
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Tim Miller
MPAA Rating: R (for strong violence and language throughout, sexual content and graphic nudity)
Screenwriters: Paul Wernick, Rhett Reese
Genre: Action, Adventure
Website: Deadpoolwebsite.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram |
Starring: Ryan Reynolds, Morena Baccarin, T.J. Miller, Gina Carano, Ed Skrein, Brianna Hildebrand

Plot Summary: Based upon Marvel Comics’ most unconventional anti-hero, "Deadpool" tells the origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade Wilson, who after being subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers, adopts the alter ego Deadpool. Armed with his new abilities and a dark, twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the man who nearly destroyed his life.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
just trying to gather some opinions...her mom says she does not think it is appropriate due to the sexual humor.... which I find absurd, considering the joy with which they watched MM together,.. and the fact the kid watches Game of Thrones with us every week...and has watched several episodes of Spartacus when it was on...... Deadpool seams a bit mild in comparison unless I am really missing something from the reviews.

Well there isn't as much nudity or sex as your typical Spartacus or Game of Thrones episode so if you are ok with her seeing those shows this shouldn't be a problem. There is a lot of raunchy humor and lots of cursing but the violence isn't a gore fest.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard