Dbacks vs. Reds series thread

PHXSportsFan4

Time for baseball season.
Reaction score
Stupid Tennessee. :mad: I'm moving back to Arizona in a few months but this sucks big time that I can't even watch the home opener. When I get back home, I'm so canceling this MLB TV mierda. I hate watching baseball on my freakin computer.
That's good to hear that you are moving back to AZ. What part, back to Tucson or PHX or what? I wish I could come :bang:

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
Don't forget, I think every single zip code has at least 1 team blacked out, so make sure you put in a zip code near a team you don't want to ever watch.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I moved from Tucson to Kingsport,TN in Winter '05 for about 3 months, I figured I'd give my address there because they don't have a baseball team within like 400 miles. The address I gave was 37660, do you know anyway to change your settings, I'll put in a freakin Maine zip code if I have to.

Do they only look at what address you put down or do they look at the address where the bills for the credit card go?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bases loaded for the Reds and only one out. Need another double play.

By the way, is Thom doing the game?

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Do they only look at what address you put down or do they look at the address where the bills for the credit card go?

Unfortunatley I don't know, I'm going to try what Phxfan said.

Try going to mlb.com and in the very top right corner it will say register or login... login with your e-mail and password like you would when you have to log in to watch MLB.TV and then go to personal settings. Try changing your address/zip code and see if that will work. It might, it might not, I'm not sure. I guess it's worth a shot.

I'll try it, hopefully it'll work. BTW I just saw a baseball tonight update, the uniforms look great!

That's good to hear that you are moving back to AZ. What part, back to Tucson or PHX or what? I wish I could come :bang:

Not sure yet, I like both. Tucson is smaller, but Phoenix is kick ass and has Adam Carolla mornings.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Doug Davis............ WORST COMMAND EVER.

He might be the most unenjoyable pitcher to watch

If he's as bad as you say he is (hard to disagree with you guys, his first outing against the Rockies was hard to watch) I say when Johnson comes back, we let Davis go to Tucson and haver Johnson take his spot.

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
Arroyo hits a hot shot right at Tracy and luckily we are out of it with just the one run against us. I figured Arroyo would shut us down, and he has done just that so far.

B4 2-0

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
I remember reading that Thom won't be broadcasting all the Reds games.
Nope, George Grande (who is better IMO and one of my favorite announcers not named Joe Morgan or Jon Miller) will be doing some of the games instead of Thom. I'm not sure what the deal is that they have going, but George did the Reds game yesterday and not Thom.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nope, George Grande (who is better IMO and one of my favorite announcers not named Joe Morgan or Jon Miller) will be doing some of the games instead of Thom. I'm not sure what the deal is that they have going, but George did the Reds game yesterday and not Thom.

Is that the same George Grande who used to work at ESPN? If so, I enjoyed watching him when he was there.

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
Is that the same George Grande who used to work at ESPN? If so, I liked him when he was there.
I'm not sure, I'd say so. I love his home run calls though... "And it's gonna be....... Gone!!!" There's just something about his voice that I like.

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
Lefty, I think this is the same George Grande you were talking about from ESPN.

Got this from wikipedia:

George Grande (pronounced like the English word "grand") is an American sportscaster who hosted the first broadcast of SportsCenter on ESPN in 1979. In the early years of the network, he served as host of the baseball magazine program that evolved into the current Baseball Tonight program on ESPN.
Grande has been the TV play-by-play announcer for Major League Baseball's Cincinnati Reds since 1993 for Fox Sports Net, teaming with former player Chris Welsh to form the longest-running TV broadcasting partnership in team history. For reasons never explained, Grande reads daily promos for FSN's "Best...]Sports Show Period," omitting the "Damn" in the show's title.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is Double D's last inning... he's almost at 100 pitches