Culpepper's price just went down...

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
Tice just said on ESPN News that he basically blew up the whole knee.

I would trade L. Davis and a 2nd round pick in the 2006 draft for him. I don't think you have to give a #1 pick.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Toro said:

I would trade L. Davis and a 2nd round pick in the 2006 draft for him. I don't think you have to give a #1 pick.

:confused:

You are giving a #1 pick (Davis) for him.

You must mean that you will not have to give a 2006 1st. Davis is the only bright spot in the O-Line that is the worst that I can remember. Davis should be as untradeable as they come.

I would rather trade Wilson and a 3rd.

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Toro said:

I think LD and a 2nd would have done it for a healthy Cpepp. Now I think we can get him for a 2nd alone, or Davis and a 3rd.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I dont know if I want the guy any more. rumored to have torn his ACL, MCL, and PCL. Damaged goods who wont be able to run much more especially at his weight.

Now maybe if we assemble a world class line and make him loss weight and only if the price is really small lets say a 3rd rounder, I would still have to think about it long and hard.

Last edited:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
dreamcastrocks said:
Davis should be as untradeable as they come.

Yes, a 370 lb lineman that's plowed back 10 feet by a guy half his weight into his own QB for a sack is really untradeable.

:rolleyes:

I agree I wouldn't trade Davis because he has raw talent and has played well in spurts all year long, but his inconsistency, along with that of the rest of the line, is rotting this team from within.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
vince56 said:
Yes, a 370 lb lineman that's plowed back 10 feet by a guy half his weight into his own QB for a sack is really untradeable.

:rolleyes:

I agree I wouldn't trade Davis because he has raw talent and has played well in spurts all year long, but his inconsistency, along with that of the rest of the line, is rotting this team from within.

oh come on, the dude DID have two false starts to his name AGAIN yesterday.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
oh come on, the dude DID have two false starts to his name AGAIN yesterday.

When he false starts, it's painfully obvious because of how big he is. I'm not trying to knock the guy, but his thigh looked like a tidal wave when he moved just a little bit. :thumbdown

seesred

Reaction score
If he comes back and if he is good to go, I would give a 6th rounder or 7th. He is going to have to prove to many people that he can go. How old is he?

GBR

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
seesred said:
If he comes back and if he is good to go, I would give a 6th rounder or 7th. He is going to have to prove to many people that he can go. How old is he?

GBR

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You know why this happened... it was all those possible trade rumors.

The football GODS said "screw you Bennie" and busted his knee :mad:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Davis and McKinnie would have to be some kind of size record for the left and right tackle positions. They would be HUGE!

By the way, He tore the ACL, MCL, & PCL. If he is back next year I would be surprised.

With that contract and that injury, a 2nd rounder should be all he is worth, if even that. (This is why he won't be traded)

Last edited:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
vince56 said:
When he false starts, it's painfully obvious because of how big he is. I'm not trying to knock the guy, but his thigh looked like a tidal wave when he moved just a little bit. :thumbdown

Even the anouncer said on the replay he did not false start. He flexed his thigh and they flag him. Its crap. Oh by the way, anybody see any flags thrown against Dallas?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't really want Culpepper before his injury but now I would avoid him like he was Stoney Case.

Absolute minimum with his knee injury would be a year which is into next season and probably more like 18+ months which washes out most, if not all of next season. At that point, you may as well draft a QB and allow him all next year to sit, just like Daunte likely will, and learn the NFL.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted Cpep, but now would avoid him. He tore all three ligaments and may not be back for a full year.

A-Bomb

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A 270 lb QB with a completely blown-out knee that will keep him out until halfway through next season, NO THANKS. I would give up a 5th round pick & that's it. Minny won't trade him now, make's no sense as he has NO value.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Culpepper has complete tears of his ACL, MCL and PCLs

That is harsh right there.....

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He essentially has the same injury that McGahee had and it took him about 18 months and he's younger and in better shape than Daunte. I think he'll be back but it'll be a while and he may never be all the way back. So much for that pipe dream.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vikings could end up drafting Leinart now. They are not going to win many games with Brad Johnson as their qb.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Culpepper has complete tears of his ACL, MCL and PCLs

That is harsh right there.....
This would not have happened if he was destined to go to anyother team than the Cardinals...

I say we still make a move for him with a package of current players and a 2nd or 3rd round pick and still draft Mattboy from USC...

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
This would not have happened if he was destined to go to anyother team than the Cardinals...

I say we still make a move for him with a package of current players and a 2nd or 3rd round pick and still draft Mattboy from USC...

Hell, we should offer McCown straight up..... Culpepper's knee at this point is being held together by flesh. I doubt he plays in 2006

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
I didn't really want Culpepper before his injury but now I would avoid him like he was Stoney Case.

:biglaugh: Greatest Line Ever!!

Seriously.

Now on to the point at hand, I too had reserves about giving up the King's Ransom for Culpepper, even prior to the injury. Now, being his entire knee has been ran through the shredder, no thanks.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Snake said:
:biglaugh: Greatest Line Ever!!

Seriously.

Now on to the point at hand, I too had reserves about giving up the King's Ransom for Culpepper, even prior to the injury. Now, being his entire knee has been ran through the shredder, no thanks.

Solution, we sign Derrick Ransom and then trade him and King for Culpepper.

:thumbup:

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Assface said:
Solution, we sign Derrick Ransom and then trade him and King for Culpepper.

:thumbup:

Maybe toss in a few used David Kreig jerseys? Or perhaps Randal Hill used gloves?

Need to make it even somehow :)

coyotesareback

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cullpepper should not even be considered for this team period! It would be classic cards to make a trade for a guy to have him come here and cripple the franchise for years to come. I was not to high on him before but now it should not even be discussed. The Stoney Case line seems to be the best fit haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn