Creed

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
I'm definitely looking forward to this one. My one hangup so far is this:

If this guy is Creed's son, wouldn't he be a bit old to start a boxing career? Apollo died in 1985. The son would be no younger than 30. Wouldn't it have made more sense that it was Apollo's grandson? From a son that was a teen when Apollo died?

Who knows. Maybe they're playing off the fact that Rocky was a bit long in the tooth when he finally got his shot. :shrug:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

If this guy is Creed's son, wouldn't he be a bit old to start a boxing career? Apollo died in 1985. The son would be no younger than 30. Wouldn't it have made more sense that it was Apollo's grandson? From a son that was a teen when Apollo died?

Who knows. Maybe they're playing off the fact that Rocky was a bit long in the tooth when he finally got his shot. :shrug:

The original script called for it to be his grandson, but I think they changed it once casting occurred. It is definitely an awkward time to do a generational follow-up. Should have been done 5 years ago for a son or a few years from now for a grandchild.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll see it just to watch Stallone deliver a minimum of 3 great over the top Rocky speeches I fully expect him to write for himself.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
YEAH!!! Trailer is awesome.

Oh man, I can't wait for this. I'm a ridiculously big Rocky fan.

That's ok. They've dealt with time discrepancies with Rocky's son too. We just need to let it go.

I'll see it just to watch Stallone deliver a minimum of 3 great over the top Rocky speeches I fully expect him to write for himself.

I love those cheesy speeches!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
YEAH!!! Trailer is awesome.

Oh man, I can't wait for this. I'm a ridiculously big Rocky fan.

That's ok. They've dealt with time discrepancies with Rocky's son too. We just need to let it go.

acreed! Rocky's kid went from 8 years old to 14 in the time it took Rocky to go to Russia, fight Drago and comeback, so unless that was the LONGEST training session ever, they made the jump there and no one cared... though that's probably because no one cared about Rocky V.

I love those cheesy speeches!

acreed there as well.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the Smodcast HOLLYWOOD BABBLE-ON #231 with Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman it was revealed that there are already two sequels in the works for Creed.

Also - Sylvester Stallone in Creed is the same exact age that Burgess Meredith was in the first Rocky.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
From the Smodcast HOLLYWOOD BABBLE-ON #231 with Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman it was revealed that there are already two sequels in the works for Creed.

Also - Sylvester Stallone in Creed is the same exact age that Burgess Meredith was in the first Rocky.

Oh, you could see from the trailer how pathetically they're trying to ape the Meredith-Rocky relationship, right down to the health problems. Cripes!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is getting RAVE reviews.

I'm guessing it's another one Stout is going to bitch and moan about... and then be glad his friend dragged him to see it.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh, you could see from the trailer how pathetically they're trying to ape the Meredith-Rocky relationship, right down to the health problems. Cripes!

Mickey's health problems didn't show until Rocky III. He was a healthy 75 year old in the 1st 2.

Sorry but I can't. It's one thing to have a kid age a few years in a short period of time but to have a kid who should be born 10 years after Apollo died is a bit too much.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Mickey's health problems didn't show until Rocky III. He was a healthy 75 year old in the 1st 2.

Sorry but I can't. It's one thing to have a kid age a few years in a short period of time but to have a kid who should be born 10 years after Apollo died is a bit too much.

Maybe it is set in 2005? :shrug:

Or maybe the entire Rocky universe exists in some kind of dimension where time affects individuals individually and so children reach adulthood at different rates, some super quick and some extremely slow. Stallone is a good writer bro, it could happen. :p

I'm on the fence about this one. When Rocky Balboa came out I was like really dude? Give me a break, another one? And I wound up crying like a damn baby in that movie! lol It was actually good I was suprised.

I like sly, he's a huge cornball but he does give some good life advice. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
this is getting RAVE reviews.

I'm guessing it's another one Stout is going to bitch and moan about... and then be glad his friend dragged him to see it.

I've already bitched and moaned about it ;) And no, I won't be seeing this one, and that friend REALLY doesn't want to see it, so he won't be dragging me to it.

And?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm just excited for Creed IV, which will obviously be a mirror of Rocky IV with a modern spin. Creed fights a roided out terrorist deep in the heart of ISIL, his determination turns the hostile Muslim crowd around, they cheer on his victory and he gives a rousing speech which ends the War on Terror.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just excited for Creed IV, which will obviously be a mirror of Rocky IV with a modern spin. Creed fights a roided out terrorist deep in the heart of ISIL, his determination turns the hostile Muslim crowd around, they cheer on his victory and he gives a rousing speech which ends the War on Terror.

I can hear the end of the speech now:

"If ISIL can change... And we can change..."

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Creed

Release Date: November 25, 2015
Studio: MGM, Warner Bros. Pictures, New Line Cinema
Director: Ryan Coogler
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for violence, language and some sensuality)
Screenwriters: Ryan Coogler, Aaron Covington
Genre: Drama, Sports

Starring: Sylvester Stallone, Michael B. Jordan, Tessa Thompson, Phylicia Rashad, Anthony Bellew

Plot Summary: From Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures, Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema comes award-winning filmmaker Ryan Coogler’s “Creed.” The film explores a new chapter in the “Rocky” story and stars Academy Award nominee Sylvester Stallone in his iconic role. The film also reunites Coogler with his “Fruitvale Station” star Michael B. Jordan as the son of Apollo Creed.

Adonis Johnson (Jordan) never knew his famous father, world heavyweight champion Apollo Creed, who died before he was born. Still, there’s no denying that boxing is in his blood, so Adonis heads to Philadelphia, the site of Apollo Creed’s legendary match with a tough upstart named Rocky Balboa.

Once in the City of Brotherly Love, Adonis tracks Rocky (Stallone) down and asks him to be his trainer. Despite his insistence that he is out of the fight game for good, Rocky sees in Adonis the strength and determination he had known in Apollo—the fierce rival who became his closest friend. Agreeing to take him on, Rocky trains the young fighter, even as the former champ is battling an opponent more deadly than any he faced in the ring.

With Rocky in his corner, it isn’t long before Adonis gets his own shot at the title…but can he develop not only the drive but also the heart of a true fighter, in time to get into the ring?

“Creed” also stars Tessa Thompson (“Selma,” “Dear White People”) as Bianca, a local singer-songwriter who becomes involved with Adonis; Phylicia Rashad (Lifetime’s “Steel Magnolias”) as Mary Anne Creed, Apollo’s widow; and English pro boxer and former three-time ABA Heavyweight Champion Anthony Bellew as boxing champ “Pretty” Ricky Conlan.

You must be registered for see images attach

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I honestly learned something from this thread, Stallone writes???

Granted, I'm not a huge movie fan, but I did see Rambo and probably the first 2 Rocky movies, and based on that experience ....I didn't think he could read, let alone write.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly learned something from this thread, Stallone writes???

Granted, I'm not a huge movie fan, but I did see Rambo and probably the first 2 Rocky movies, and based on that experience ....I didn't think he could read, let alone write.

he's written 29 produced screenplays... and been nominated for an Oscar for Rocky, and probably should have been nominated for another with First Blood.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he's written 29 produced screenplays... and been nominated for an Oscar for Rocky, and probably should have been nominated for another with First Blood.

Didn't he write Paradise Alley too? That movie received undeserved criticism.

Last edited:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Saw an interview with Sandra Bullock once and she was talking about working with Sly on Demolition Man and she said she was young at the time and she was expecting this macho action star jerk and instead he was one of the "most intelligent and compassionate people I have ever met." I remember her saying that any scene where they touched or kissed he was constantly asking if she was ok and if she needed a break or anything.

Sly also has said that he didn't write this one because he just felt like he's too old to write a movie like this that would appeal to younger people. That's impressive to put your ego aside on a franchise that is YOUR BABY like that.

“The reason that I didn’t want to write it is because it’s a whole new generation,” Stallone told DeGeneres. “Forty years have passed, and what worked in my generation doesn’t exactly work in this generation. Everything’s just changed.”

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw an interview with Sandra Bullock once and she was talking about working with Sly on Demolition Man and she said she was young at the time and she was expecting this macho action star jerk and instead he was one of the "most intelligent and compassionate people I have ever met." I remember her saying that any scene where they touched or kissed he was constantly asking if she was ok and if she needed a break or anything.

Sly also has said that he didn't write this one because he just felt like he's too old to write a movie like this that would appeal to younger people. That's impressive to put your ego aside on a franchise that is YOUR BABY like that.

“The reason that I didn’t want to write it is because it’s a whole new generation,” Stallone told DeGeneres. “Forty years have passed, and what worked in my generation doesn’t exactly work in this generation. Everything’s just changed.”

That's a pretty strong sense of humility. He's written every single line Rocky's ever said. To hand the keys of the kingdom over to someone else is pretty impressive (even though I'm sure he had a ton of say over his own lines).

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The trailer doesn't do much for me. Looks to fakish, like Creed kid is really not a boxer but is pretending to be one. I don't know. Just not getting a wow factor from it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone who loves Rocky and doesn't see this is a complete and utter moron.

I'm the biggest Rocky fan I know. He was my hero as a little kid to the point that I used to go to school dressed up as him
And sign my name Rocky Shapiro. But I know the movies after the 2nd one became comic book movies going completely overboard with the ridiculous, but entertaining Rocky IV: The Montage (and the less said the better about V and VI was okay), but this is a really, really great way to move forward in the series.

Great performances, story and continuation of the saga of my biggest silver screen hero.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard