Creative Genius he is not…

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Pat P is a clown nowadays, but this speaks to even what the casual fan sees. Where my Kliffy defenders?

Attachments

• 82E5ACC2-96FB-4054-BCF6-DAE50DAC1489.jpeg
    82E5ACC2-96FB-4054-BCF6-DAE50DAC1489.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 25

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
So, he knew the offense, yet couldn't stop Rondale...got at least 1 or 2 PI's...and if the Cards OL could block just a bit better up the middle, with the Defense doing a little better, the Cards win the game. The reasons for the Cards losing has absolutely nothing to do with PP.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
So, he knew the offense, yet couldn't stop Rondale...got at least 1 or 2 PI's...and if the Cards OL could block just a bit better up the middle, with the Defense doing a little better, the Cards win the game. The reasons for the Cards losing has absolutely nothing to do with PP.
So no concern on your end that everyone in the stadium and at home knew exactly what they were going to run to start the game, or the fact that everyone in the NFL knows exactly what the Cards are going to run (err pass) all the time?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
So no concern on your end that everyone in the stadium and at home knew exactly what they were going to run to start the game, or the fact that everyone in the NFL knows exactly what the Cards are going to run (err pass) all the time?
There are several teams that run predictable offenses, but they don't care and they are successful, because it's about having better athletes to execute and having the ability to call plays in a timely manner. I don't think there is anything wrong with Kliff's scheme, overall...but his play calling struggles are catching up to him, because he's got too much on his plate.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Reactions: PJ1

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
There are several teams that run predictable offenses, but they don't care and they are successful, because it's about having better athletes to execute and having the ability to call plays in a timely manner.
This is true - you can be predictable if you are more talented and execute perfectly. That sounds like a poor formula for our current roster/coaching staff.
I don't think there is anything wrong with Kliff's scheme, overall
I think the predictability is a problem. Much smarter people can explain why our lack of shifts and motion put us at a disadvantage, among all the execution issues.
...but his play calling struggles are catching up to him, because he's got too much on his plate.
Yeah, Kliff has said himself that he's not the strongest at the head coaching CEO management responsibilities, and that he'd quit before giving up play calling. I wish the team would have listened to what Kliff said himself, and what is so obvious to everyone else in football.

OP
OP
D

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This exactly.. wasn’t saying anything about PP being a reason we lost Ron

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly, if I was Pat I wouldn't be saying that publicly considering how little he produced.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think there are many Cards fans that are still big Kliff supporters. Stating that his offense is predictable, simplistic, and far from explosive kind of just deserves - tell me something I don't know response at this point.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I have been Luke warm on kliff since the beginning but I was curious to see how much he would improve over a few seasons. His offense is boring, predictable, and scared. We never look prepared. Never play with a sense of urgency until we’re behind and running out of time. I still think KM can be a pretty good QB but not without a HC that can use his talent correctly. Vance would be a huge upgrade at HC and that’s not saying much.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wasn’t going to post this because I’m sick, and I’m sure the board is too, of Peterson. But since a thread was started I might as well contribute.

Dan Barriero hosts a show on the local sport affiliate M-F from 3-6:30. He’s a very good interviewer and will one day pit himself into the media HOF here in Minnesota. Every Monday after the Vikings games he brings Peterson on his show to talk about the game. This week being against the cardinals, Barriero had some “extra” questions he doesn’t normally ask Peterson. One of them was this:

Barriero posted a tweet on Sunday while watching the game

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He then asked Peterson his thoughts on what Dan had posted. Peterson’s exact words were “ I plead the fifth.” He laughed hysterically and repeating “I plead the fifth.” It’s Peterson, so take it for what it’s worth, but I found it interesting that the local media was worried because of our “dangerous offense and aggressive defense” to our mismanaged, poorly coached team.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the NFL, every team knows what the other team is going to do on offense. Every game, you can count on one hand, for even the worst defenses, plays that caught the defense completely off guard. PP is just puffing himself up here.

That said, no way in hell am I defending KKs playcalling.

OP
OP
D

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In the NFL, every team knows what the other team is going to do on offense. Every game, you can count on one hand, for even the worst defenses, plays that caught the defense completely off guard. PP is just puffing himself up here.

That said, no way in hell am I defending KKs playcalling.
I don’t buy that first paragraph.. every Sunday you can see teams caught off guard by creative offensive schemes. They may know who the team wants to get the ball to and some tendencies but the best offensive minds very obviously scheme against the other teams weaknesses.. kinda like we should of done knowing 2 former players weaknesses like the back of our hand in PP and Hicks.

It’s still beyond wild to me the number of playcalling things the casual fan can call out.. wild what happened when we started having Moore run routes NOT behind the LOS. Separation galore - he looked the best I’ve ever seen him. Sad thing is that was just one simple concept we can ALL call out

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t buy that first paragraph.. every Sunday you can see teams caught off guard by creative offensive schemes. They may know who the team wants to get the ball to and some tendencies but the best offensive minds very obviously scheme against the other teams weaknesses.. kinda like we should of done knowing 2 former players weaknesses like the back of our hand in PP and Hicks.

It’s still beyond wild to me the number of playcalling things the casual fan can call out.. wild what happened when we started having Moore run routes NOT behind the LOS. Separation galore - he looked the best I’ve ever seen him. Sad thing is that was just one simple concept we can ALL call out
Every week the Chiefs have plays that seem to fool everyone, like wide open as in college wide open. The cardinals have had one or two all year to me

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every week the Chiefs have plays that seem to fool everyone, like wide open as in college wide open. The cardinals have had one or two all year to me
Watch entire Chiefs games and count how many of those actually happen. They are the best, no doubt about it. But it will be fewer plays than you think. Those are also set up because defenses have such a hard time stopping KC when they have a great idea of what they are going to do in various formations.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson