Coro: Porter likely gone by Monday

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
How do you go back to the old system when critical parts have been traded away.

This is insane. Alvin Gentry? Why not? He still won't be able to get Nash or Stoudemire to play defense nor make the playoffs with this team.

JRich would have been great in MD's system.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
How do you go back to the old system when critical parts have been traded away.

I was using "old system" as shorthand for a more fluid, diversified, opportunistic offense. You're right that the days of the Diaw/Marion/Bell frontcourt are gone.

I guess what I meant was, use the strengths of the players that are left. Nash is still one of the game's best creators. Stoudemire is much more effective in motion than from stasis. Hill can slash when teams are focused on other threats. The strategy of "Pound the ball into O'Neal while everyone else stands around and watches" wastes the talents of the rest of the roster.

He still won't be able to get Nash or Stoudemire to play defense nor make the playoffs with this team.

If you look at the numbers, the Suns' half-court defense is passable, and their rebounding is better than last year's. If they can cut down on the turnovers and make their opponents work harder on defense, they should be able to make the playoffs. With the right matchup (say Denver), they could even pull off a first-round upset. Since I didn't expect anything more than a typical 50-and-fade this year anyway, I'd have to be satisfied with that scenario.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's official, Coro wrote that multiple Suns sources have confirmed Porter out, Gentry in tomorrow.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was using "old system" as shorthand for a more fluid, diversified, opportunistic offense. You're right that the days of the Diaw/Marion/Bell frontcourt are gone.

I guess what I meant was, use the strengths of the players that are left. Nash is still one of the game's best creators. Stoudemire is much more effective in motion than from stasis. Hill can slash when teams are focused on other threats. The strategy of "Pound the ball into O'Neal while everyone else stands around and watches" wastes the talents of the rest of the roster.

If you look at the numbers, the Suns' half-court defense is passable, and their rebounding is better than last year's. If they can cut down on the turnovers and make their opponents work harder on defense, they should be able to make the playoffs. With the right matchup (say Denver), they could even pull off a first-round upset. Since I didn't expect anything more than a typical 50-and-fade this year anyway, I'd have to be satisfied with that scenario.
How?:mulli:

Six

Reaction score
Fire Kerr
Fire Porter
Encourage Sarver to not make any more decisions, EVER.
Adopt a policy where rival members (in history or otherwise) cannot come in and wreck our team.
Adopt a policy where someone with TALENT for their position can come in and fix this mess.

It absolutely makes me sick to my stomach how the new blood has wrecked this team, and we had TALENT! Now we are worried about Stat being traded? Sport's fat heads chant how it's a good thing, blah blah blah. Well YEAH! Maybe it is considering the team in the state it is in, but remove the tumors from the organization and to a 180, and we are right back in it.

It's time to get mean again, hungry. Pull all the crap out like Kerr, Porter (sorry man, I respected but HATED you as a Blazer and still do), Sarver (I know, he needs to be pushed, like over a cliff (metaphorically)), and Tom Leander, you gotta go too. Too freaking happy all the time. Too loud, too, well, PAID FOR actually. I wanna see some ANGER in this team, and no BS jerks at the top that promise the world with their hands gripping their wallet.

I'd suggest a lot of moves or strategies, but I'm no GM, nor a coach, and don't claim to be. Isn't it what THOSE GUYS GET PAID TO DO??? It's the end result you have to look at and the buck falls RIGHT ON THEIR DESKS! I'll echo previous posts too about Jerry Colangelo... Maybe we didn't get to the show but once, and didn't even win, but we were competitive and proud, and we have NONE of that now.

ACCOUNTABILITY! KERR! PLEASE! Resign! Ask the Bulls to take you back in some diminished capacity, and Porter! GO HOME! Thanks you two for letting the Lakers get back their stride! That alone makes me sick BEYOND words!!!

Six

Six

Reaction score
Nice to see Shaq dancing away on stage for the all star game. What an amazing contribution that is. Such an HONOR to see our center throwing his tail out for people to taste in the midst of some of the darkest days in Sun's history. Thanks!