Commissioner Goodell...Your league has a serious INTEGRITY problem.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
NO ONE after the game will talk about the BOGUS 3rd and 19 P. I. call.
It changed the whole game.
Truth is, there was NO WAY the refs were going to let the 49ers lose this one.

I hope the Cards pound the snot out of S.F. Sunday and they limp into the play-offs!

Mark in SC

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score
NO ONE after the game will talk about the BOGUS 3rd and 19 P. I. call.
It changed the whole game.
Truth is, there was NO WAY the refs were going to let the 49ers lose this one.

I hope the Cards pound the snot out of S.F. Sunday and they limp into the play-offs!

Mark in SC

Well SF doesn't have much to play for next week so I'm sure cardinals will win. Give it a rest. Refs are humans. They make mistakes. You're a moron if you think the league tells these refs who to win.

KANIDJA

Registered
Reaction score
Well SF doesn't have much to play for next week so I'm sure cardinals will win. Give it a rest. Refs are humans. They make mistakes. You're a moron if you think the league tells these refs who to win.

I completely disagree. I think you are a moron if you think they dont.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I don't think there's a grand conspiracy or anything... but the lack of consistency play to play, game to game, should be very concerning to the NFL.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Refs do suck, but Falcs didn't lose that game because of the refs.

What if those 2 calls that went against Seattle yesterday for us late were differant? The pick by Danbsy & fumble by Mendy? The review couldn't have over turned either, just like it did for us.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I don't think there's a grand conspiracy or anything... but the lack of consistency play to play, game to game, should be very concerning to the NFL.

:thumbup:

Which is why Bellicheat is right...all penalties & plays should be reviewable!!! Isn't every penalty a judgement call? :D

KANIDJA

Registered
Reaction score
I am not going to sit here and pretend i watch every game of every nfl team and know that they all get their fair share of bad calls. But, i would be willing to bet, that big market teams get a lot less of them unless in their favor especially with the game on the line. Eagles game was a complete and total giveaway and cost us the playoffs. Plain and simple. Hopefully they will do something to fix this but i am not holding my breath.

jason_0891

Reaction score
Why would a small group of people in charge of a multi-billion dollar corporation collude to make more money? That just doesn't happen this day in age. Even with a questionable call Atlanta was in great position to win and they choked. I would like to see an influx of younger referees. The average age of an NFL referee is 51. Let's get some new blood in there to change things up.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Yes they will, a win can get them the # 1 seed and they Hate the Cardinals.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not going to sit here and pretend i watch every game of every nfl team and know that they all get their fair share of bad calls. But, i would be willing to bet, that big market teams get a lot less of them unless in their favor especially with the game on the line. Eagles game was a complete and total giveaway and cost us the playoffs. Plain and simple. Hopefully they will do something to fix this but i am not holding my breath.

Eagles game didn't cost us the playoffs. Losing to St. Louis in week 1 did.

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
Refs missed calls or made wrong ones
we had them in our favor yesterday
falcons controlling ball in critical time and blew it
Wont blame refs for it

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PI calls have been all over the place this season. That one definitely changed the game.

I still say allowing teams to challenge one PI call a game (especially on a 3rd and 19) might be something to look into.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Officials need to develop a clear definition as to what PI truly is.

Also, instead of making it a spot foul, they should adopt the college rule and make it 15 yards.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't want to change it now. The Cards are one of the winning teams and will be treated as such, ie Seattle game. The Cards are finally getting some attention and love and will be one of the favorites next year if we beat the Niners on Sunday. That means close calls going our way for a change.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If 23 year vet DE, Osi Umenyura could lineup onsides, the whole game would have been different. They had SF 3 and out to start the 2nd half and he gives them another play. Result= TD drive and offensive momentum.

Atlanta blew the game, but that's what teams drafting in the top 5 do.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
:thumbup:

Which is why Bellicheat is right...all penalties & plays should be reviewable!!! Isn't every penalty a judgement call? :D

Imagine how BAD watching an NFL game would be if EVERYTHING was reviewable. Blech. Terrible. And then review would be used to halt momentum, coaches would be accused of not using it in the spirit of the rules, the debate would rage about "but they're allowed to review within the rules, so why wouldnt they?" and then games would take 5 hours and are more a chess match than a gladiator battle. More about the coaches than the players.

God.

That would SUUUUUUUUUCK.

And for you convinced that the refs are either on the take, or have a directive from the office to let certain teams benefit, why do you even watch this sport????

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
The PI play, while I didn't like it at the time, doesn't bother me, as the Falcons had the game in their hands well after that and blew it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a bad call but the play that really bugged me was the long run by Kaepernick up the middle that jumpstarted a drive. They showed the replay at least twice, the 49ers TE in the middle of the play just grabbed the MLB and spun him, it's the only reason Kaepernick got through there so easily and it was right in front of the ref standing there and he didn't call it.

Otherwise Atlanta's D just blew it, they couldn't tackle in the 4th quarter. And then great play by Brock and Bowman at the end

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hit on the WR on the pick 6 play was more PI than the phantom call.

Reaction score
Imagine how BAD watching an NFL game would be if EVERYTHING was reviewable. Blech. Terrible. And then review would be used to halt momentum, coaches would be accused of not using it in the spirit of the rules, the debate would rage about "but they're allowed to review within the rules, so why wouldnt they?" and then games would take 5 hours and are more a chess match than a gladiator battle. More about the coaches than the players.

God.

That would SUUUUUUUUUCK.
Have you watched college football lately?

Every play is reviewable (although, I don't believe the PI calls are reversible). They get calls right most of the time, though not always, and the game flow is not significantly interrupted.
One major, and I think positive, difference is that the reviews are done by official(s) not on the field. Since the reviewing official had nothing to do with the call on the field I feel that they are more likely than an on-field official to review it with unbiased eyes.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
On the contrary, it should be spot foul at all levels

This.

And reviewable. PI calls are way too important to the game. Many times they determine the outcome. There's no reason they can't be reviewable. They don't need to add any special considerations, just add it to the current process. One review per half for everything unless the call is overturned. If anything it might speed up the game because coaches would be hesitant to use their review for less important calls.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

As you say Refs are humans and make mistakes now and always have just as players and coaches do. They have good games and bad games but overall I think they do a good job and in the end the game is decided by the players on the field.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn