Colin Cowherd on Kyler and coaching situation we are in ....

The6

All Star
Reaction score
Ive always thought that these two positions in these two sports are similar.

If you don't have good pitching/quarterback you're not winning.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it exposed Kyler, dont get mad at me im not the one who gave him all the money.
Some constructive criticism - You overuse the disagree button, constantly have no social cues on when to drop something, dwell on pedantic issues, and come across as an intolerant, abrasive know-it-all.

Take care of your house.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
crazy that the diva chatter began after he basically labeled himself one with that inane interview he gave to the Times where he proclaimed he didn’t need to pour time off the field on film because of his Neo-esque ability to see everything on it.

And then fell flat on his face after that article for the rest of that season.

Then played social media games demanding a huge extension and had his agent play bad guy in the media to get it. Then came out after getting that deal and falling flat on his face AGAIN.

Dude has no one to blame but himself for the criticism.
I agree. What is interesting about that, is that it happens to a lesser extent in the UFC. There are some fighters that openly admit that they do not watch a lot of film on other fighters, if any film at all. They trust their coaches to teach them the right skills and watch the film because they are better at it (at least in theory) than the athletes themselves. They also want to focus their time on the actual training part. Some of them get blasted for it, even champions.

There are tons of differences between the two sports and I know that the situations don't fully equate. I just find it interesting.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL. TB12 earned that right with his leadership and success. 7 rings you can yell at anyone
Either it is a good thing or a bad thing, right? You can't say you don't see other's doing it. I give you an example and then just dismiss it.

This is where bias rears its head.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
crazy that the diva chatter began after he basically labeled himself one with that inane interview he gave to the Times where he proclaimed he didn’t need to pour time off the field on film because of his Neo-esque ability to see everything on it.

And then fell flat on his face after that article for the rest of that season.

Then played social media games demanding a huge extension and had his agent play bad guy in the media to get it. Then came out after getting that deal and falling flat on his face AGAIN.

Dude has no one to blame but himself for the criticism.
^^^^^ :stupid:

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Some constructive criticism - You overuse the disagree button, constantly have no social cues on when to drop something, dwell on pedantic issues, and come across as an intolerant, abrasive know-it-all.

Take care of your house.
i'll be taking our conversation private, jf-08

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The point is, they didn't HAVE to sign him last year. The controlled his rights for 2-3 more years if needed. Kyler bluffed and we folded as usual. Kyler didn't hold any of the cards to force them to re-sign. Similar situation to where the Ravens are with Lamar Jackson.
If we would have waited and Kyler had the same stinker of a year, we would have plenty of options moving forward.

There were as many complaints saying he should have been extended sooner to save a few million, as there were who said wait.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were as many complaints saying he should have been extended sooner to save a few million at least, per year, as there were who said wait.
I was/am still in that camp. Minor edit to your post as well.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The media is so dumb. There’s literally dozens of examples of teammates and coaches who support Kyler. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle of course.

I kinda like that this sort of nonsense is happening to Kyler though. It’s just how it is when you’re a public figure - they kick you when you’re down and l make you a diety when you’re up. Need to get used to it at his position.
Cowherd, Florio, etc are all just frontrunners looking for clicks and likes. It's how they drive ad revenue and get paid millions.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Their mistake was ripping him in the Mortensen report which led to the agent’s twitter manifesto. Then it got ugly and the Cards felt like they had to pay him (and also toss in the clause as an FU). Granted had they called his bluff and he sat out we probably would’ve gone 4-13.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're going to say this even in hindsight? I mean, many of us knew it was a dumb decision at the time. A good ownership group/front office will accept being raked over the coals in the media as long as it's actually the right call. Who GAF about outside noise? They should've made the best decision for the team, and in no way, shape, or form is that contract a good decision.
Yes, even in hindsight. Cardinals would have absolutely gotten raked by everyone on this.

After his 2022 season, even with the dropoff the last half, you would have been nuts to let him walk. Sorry, but no rational NFL GM would do that.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Then write it as such, Nostradamus, and not as a declarative statement about something you can't possibly know.
oh you got me big time lmao, for someone who desperately tries to come off as intellectually superior your points come off rather minor. but I wouldn't worry it's probably because your beef has nothing to do with my prediction

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Take care of your house.
lol.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
oh you got me big time lmao, for someone who desperately tries to come off as intellectually superior your points come off rather minor. but I wouldn't worry it's probably because your beef has nothing to do with my prediction

I have no beef with anyone saying that the team, in their view, will win no more than four games in 2023.

I have a soupçon of an issue with anyone making unsupported declarations about things they can't possibly know: it's dumb!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The media is so dumb. There’s literally dozens of examples of teammates and coaches who support Kyler. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle of course.

I kinda like that this sort of nonsense is happening to Kyler though. It’s just how it is when you’re a public figure - they kick you when you’re down and l make you a diety when you’re up. Need to get used to it at his position.

The headline insinuates that Kyler himself is actively keeping head coaches away, but that is only right to a point.

Kyler being injured right now and won't be the same for next year, is just as big of an issue (if not more) than Kyler being a diva.

Yeah… it’s the 1-2 combo of physical and mental questions that could be making so many HC candidates think long and hard about coming here.

I think if Kyler was healthy, we would have been the most attractive job opening in the league. Lots of guys would prob have loved to take their shot “fixing” a healthy Kyler with a top 3 pick to boot to build their roster. The previous two years he had some injury issues, but with a third season now marred by injuries, it begs bigger questions of not only the mental aspect of Kyler’s game but major physical sustainability questions as well.

I almost made a thread about this, but figured why add to the drama?

Anyway the guys kinda poke holes in the argument after interviewing Tony Pauline. Because for one its basically "well coaches want their own QB" and then buries the headline "Well some of the coaches dont want to work for Michael Bidwill."

Saying Kyler Murray is the reason gets more clicks.

Interview with Pauline starts at 25:13
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're going to say this even in hindsight? I mean, many of us knew it was a dumb decision at the time. A good ownership group/front office will accept being raked over the coals in the media as long as it's actually the right call. Who GAF about outside noise? They should've made the best decision for the team, and in no way, shape, or form is that contract a good decision.
Totally agree. When he was scrubbing his media and the baseball talk started up, I took the stand “take a walk!”
Murray did not deserve a new contract coming off that abysmal performance in the playoffs especially with the Cards having 2 years of control.
Let’s face it. Bidwill is an idiot.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, even in hindsight. Cardinals would have absolutely gotten raked by everyone on this.

After his 2022 season, even with the dropoff the last half, you would have been nuts to let him walk. Sorry, but no rational NFL GM would do that.
But if we didn’t sign him last year he was still under team control this year.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But if we didn’t sign him last year he was still under team control this year.
He would have held out. It would have been ugly.

And he would have been justified in holding out - just imagine if he hadn't, had the same injury. What do you do then?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He would have held out. It would have been ugly.

And he would have been justified in holding out - just imagine if he hadn't, had the same injury. What do you do then?
Well then he would have been giving up millions. If he sat out all year we would still own his rights for two years.
Kylee faked a punch and The K Boys all flinched.
However , I do understand before the ink was dry on Kiem and Kingsbury contract you can bet Kylee was thinking “ What about me?”

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Dude, Lamar Jackson is a pending free agent and the blow back in Baltimore is fairly minor.

If the Cards had done nothing at all Kyler would be going into his fifth-year option season and the Cards are offering an extension or planning to franchise him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose