Colin Cowherd on Kyler and coaching situation we are in ....

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
"We're just like everyone else" is not proof were some exceptionally bad org. Where is the spades anyway? Literally the only thing you have come up with is "We extended Kliff then fired him following the next season".

The Rams fired Jeff Fisher 8 DAYS after extending him. 8 DAYS! And this was after 5 consecutive losing seasons. And this was also before that extension kicked in. Yet nobody remembers this. Nobody thinks the Rams are a laughing stock.

Everyone agrees the extensions were a bad decision. Are they some kind of indicator that the Cards are worse than anyone else? No they are not.

Is there a Lord of the Rings character that just perpetually moans. about. everything?
If you don't recognize that winning a Super Bowl helps change the credibility of your franchise...I don't know what to tell you.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you don't recognize that winning a Super Bowl helps change the credibility of your franchise...I don't know what to tell you.

What did winning the superbowl change for the Rams reputation? The Rams reputation was already good, this was just the icing on the cake.

This Jeff Fisher episode was forgotten YEARS before it happened. In fact it barely registered at the time. It registered so little that fans here have been saying Mike was the first to do it when someone in our own division fired their HC 8 days after extending them in recent history.

There's weird reverse exceptionalism with Cards fans. Everything we do is the worse. When other teams do the same it's just a blip on an otherwise immaculately run organisation.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

They barely mention their extensions and spend most of the time chatting **** about Kyler and the Cardinals.

I'm not sure the clearly uninformed opinions of whoever Kevin Clark, Nora Princiotti, Steven Ruiz, and Kaelen Jones on a podcast that a few thousand listen to is national news.

I'm sure your going to say "I can't help it if you won't accept the evidence" but this isn't evidence. You don't have to convince me the extensions were bad, we all thought that, but I was around at the time and reading much about it and the national opinion was just meh.

My honest opinion about those extensions is that Mike was working on them since we were 7-0 through to being 10-2. Mike was all lathered up by the great start and then making the playoffs and just couldn't convince himself to press pause when it went sideways.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What did winning the superbowl change for the Rams reputation? The Rams reputation was already good, this was just the icing on the cake.

This Jeff Fisher episode was forgotten YEARS before it happened. In fact it barely registered at the time. It registered so little that fans here have been saying Mike was the first to do it when someone in our own division fired their HC 8 days after extending them in recent history.

There's weird reverse exceptionalism with Cards fans. Everything we do is the worse. When other teams do the same it's just a blip on an otherwise immaculately run organisation.
Because the Rams won a Super Bowl BEFORE they fired Fisher and again AFTER they fired Fisher.

Also, consider that it has been 75 years since the Cardinals have won a sports championship. That is a significant level of historic incompetence. I don't believe it is any weird reverse exceptionalism to state that a historically incompetent franchise consistently makes bad decisions and those bad decisions are because they are historically incompetent.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They barely mention their extensions and spend most of the time chatting **** about Kyler and the Cardinals.

I'm not sure the clearly uninformed opinions of whoever Kevin Clark, Nora Princiotti, Steven Ruiz, and Kaelen Jones on a podcast that a few thousand listen to is national news.

I'm sure your going to say "I can't help it if you won't accept the evidence" but this isn't evidence. You don't have to convince me the extensions were bad, we all thought that, but I was around at the time and reading much about it and the national opinion was just meh.

My honest opinion about those extensions is that Mike was working on them since we were 7-0 through to being 10-2. Mike was all lathered up by the great start and then making the playoffs and just couldn't convince himself to press pause when it went sideways.
Brit I’m going to just accept you are right and most of are wrong.
I’ll just stand behind Bidwill saying he is not cheap. Just dumb with his money. He’s not a bad guy. This organization is sub par.
There’s a saying about a fool and his money….

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brit I’m going to just accept you are right and most of are wrong.
I’ll just stand behind Bidwill saying he is not cheap. Just dumb with his money. He’s not a bad guy. This organization is sub par.
There’s a saying about a fool and his money….

I mean, he's clearly not cheap.

And I'm not, as I have clearly stated, arguing that Mike is perfect by any means. He's like most owners. He makes mistakes and the success of the franchise will be defind by finding the right HC/QB combo.

Just let the Bill stuff die with him. It's done and gone. Mike ain't Bill. He's very clearly much better even though he isn't great.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because the Rams won a Super Bowl BEFORE they fired Fisher and again AFTER they fired Fisher.

Also, consider that it has been 75 years since the Cardinals have won a sports championship. That is a significant level of historic incompetence. I don't believe it is any weird reverse exceptionalism to state that a historically incompetent franchise consistently makes bad decisions and those bad decisions are because they are historically incompetent.

Wait, so championships define how good we are and going so long since we won one means we are incompetent? Winning one 75 years ago is better than never winning one right?

So the 12 or so teams that have never won one at all are worse than us then? Including the Bills, Bengals, Chargers?

If this is how we are defining competence now then we must be.

This argument has always seems stupid. As if being the oldest franchise in the league should play into it. Are we worse than the Bills just because we were founded 40 years earlier?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, he's clearly not cheap.

And I'm not, as I have clearly stated, arguing that Mike is perfect by any means. He's like most owners. He makes mistakes and the succes of the franchise will be defind by finding the right HC/QB combo.

Just let the Bill stuff die with him. It's done and gone. Mike ain't Bill. He's very clearly much better even though he isn't great.
I agree. I don’t and haven’t compared him to his Dad.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Wait, so championships define how good we are and going so long since we won one means we are incompetent? Winning one 75 years ago is better than never winning one right?

So the 12 or so teams that have never won one at all are worse than us then? Including the Bills, Bengals, Chargers?

If this is how we are defining competence now then we must be.

This argument has always seems stupid. As if being the oldest franchise in the league should play into it. Are we worse than the Bills just because we were founded 40 years earlier?
Not just this but it does factor in. Just like being 30th in all time winning % matters.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Same with being tied for the second least Super Bowl appearances 1. (Detroit/Jacksonville/Houston have zero)

EDITED for quoting bad stats

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

You're point is still valid though. An expansion team (1960), the Dallas Cowboys, have won five (five!) NFL superbowl championships. Zero for ARZ. But Mike B is still right there with Jerry? No.

The Patriots have six. Zero for the Cardinals. Bidwills still as good as the Kraft family? Ha!

The sorry ass New York Football Giants have won FOUR Superbowls while we have ZERO! I don't even know who their owners are, but I'm pretty sure they're better than the Bidwills!

@BritCard I'm a company man bro. I bleed Cardinal red, and stick up for the FO most of the time. Whenever their position is tenable, defendable. And I agree with you, I think Michael is trying.

But as a 40+ year fan, I have to admit, we're a sad-sack, downtrodden, luckless, often clueless, and even sometimes a laughing stock of an NFL franchise. That's just the way it is. At least for now.

Oldest NFL team in existence. Most losses. Horrific winning percentage, and we're zero out of 56 in our attempts to win a superbowl. That sucks.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If the Cardinals had won the Super Bowl in 2009, we could very well be in the same spot we are in now, but it sure would have been nice, even after all this time.

Speaking of time, has it really been 27 years since Jerrah’s last Super Bowl championship? Yikes.