Colin Cowherd on Kyler and coaching situation we are in ....

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If the Cardinals HADN'T signed Kyler they would have been raked over the coals.

Only thing they screwed up on was having the soap opera play out - they should have resigned him as soon as they could, and it would have been cheaper.
You're going to say this even in hindsight? I mean, many of us knew it was a dumb decision at the time. A good ownership group/front office will accept being raked over the coals in the media as long as it's actually the right call. Who GAF about outside noise? They should've made the best decision for the team, and in no way, shape, or form is that contract a good decision.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think about this, if they had not extended Murray, they would not be in a cap situation of a ton of dead money and would have the ability to grab a QB in this draft sitting at #3.
Or you can look at it these way.

If Kyler didn't get injured, we would have as many people wanting a different QB at 3.

Or, those QBs sitting there at 3 are less talented than have come out in recent years, and that's including Kyler. (so we shouldn't be drafting one at 3 this year anyway) This would not be the year to select a QB at 3. We should be drafting Carter/Anderson and building a new defense.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile, this just posted on CBS Sports:

Agent's Take: Nick Bosa patiently awaits new contract as 49ers star could land deal that resets non-QB market​

Doesn't equate.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Only thing they screwed up on was having the soap opera play out - they should have resigned him as soon as they could, and it would have been cheaper.
I don’t know about this. Initially, yes, they would have been raked over the coals but when the season went the way it did, they would have been proven right, no?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The headline insinuates that Kyler himself is actively keeping head coaches away, but that is only right to a point.

Kyler being injured right now and won't be the same for next year, is just as big of an issue (if not more) than Kyler being a diva.
Yeah… it’s the 1-2 combo of physical and mental questions that could be making so many HC candidates think long and hard about coming here.

I think if Kyler was healthy, we would have been the most attractive job opening in the league. Lots of guys would prob have loved to take their shot “fixing” a healthy Kyler with a top 3 pick to boot to build their roster. The previous two years he had some injury issues, but with a third season now marred by injuries, it begs bigger questions of not only the mental aspect of Kyler’s game but major physical sustainability questions as well.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Yeah… it’s the 1-2 combo of physical and mental questions that could be making so many HC candidates think long and hard about coming here.

I think if Kyler was healthy, we would have been the most attractive job opening in the league. Lots of guys would prob have loved to take their shot “fixing” a healthy Kyler with a top 3 pick to boot to build their roster. The previous two years he had some injury issues, but with a third season now marred by injuries, it begs bigger questions of not only the mental aspect of Kyler’s game but major physical sustainability questions as well.
This is likely more accurate. People act like every coach in the NFL hasn’t dealt with and managed egotistical players. There’s probably like 15-20 guys like Kyler on every roster.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zero diva chatter when we were 10-2 or 6-3 the year before. And he was the same exact human being.
crazy that the diva chatter began after he basically labeled himself one with that inane interview he gave to the Times where he proclaimed he didn’t need to pour time off the field on film because of his Neo-esque ability to see everything on it.

And then fell flat on his face after that article for the rest of that season.

Then played social media games demanding a huge extension and had his agent play bad guy in the media to get it. Then came out after getting that deal and falling flat on his face AGAIN.

Dude has no one to blame but himself for the criticism.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

The point is, they didn't HAVE to sign him last year. The controlled his rights for 2-3 more years if needed. Kyler bluffed and we folded as usual. Kyler didn't hold any of the cards to force them to re-sign. Similar situation to where the Ravens are with Lamar Jackson.
If we would have waited and Kyler had the same stinker of a year, we would have plenty of options moving forward.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
This is likely more accurate. People act like every coach in the NFL hasn’t dealt with and managed egotistical players. There’s probably like 15-20 guys like Kyler on every roster.
I think this is an excuse.

Hes yelling at his coaches, he getting in arguments with his teammates, he sulks on the bench after he turns the ball over, etc.

I dont see many other players pulling this stuff

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
crazy that the diva chatter began after he basically labeled himself one with that inane interview he gave to the Times where he proclaimed he didn’t need to pour time off the field on film because of his Neo-esque ability to see everything on it.

And then fell flat on his face after that article for the rest of that season.

Then played social media games demanding a huge extension and had his agent play bad guy in the media to get it. Then came out after getting that deal and falling flat on his face AGAIN.

Dude has no one to blame but himself for the criticism.
I agree. Can’t say that and lose. If he kept winning nobody would care about the article.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is an excuse.

Hes yelling at his coaches, he getting it arguments with his teammates, he sulks on the bench after he turns the ball over, etc.

I dont see many other players pulling this stuff
I can show you plenty of players that DO that if you want to see it. Hell even the GOAT Tom Brady is well known to do that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose