COD Advanced Warfare

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else play it yet? I saw DRC on single player last night.

I had my first extensive session last night. Its solid, still COD but is taking some time getting used to a lot of stuff. There are some significant changes from the old CODs I am still trying to get used to. Its fun as always, a little faster than older versions which I will typically welcome.

I have a love/hate relationship with the double jump/dash and etc. Some games I go 10-2 and some I go 2-16. May just be a getting used to maps thing.

So far I find the AK-12 is the best gun for me. I tried the other two assault guns too. The one with the 3 shot burst is pretty good unless you are in a very close gunfight, then the burst fire often puts me in a hole.

I noticed a lot of people have laser guns. I am intrigued to try them but dont think I will like a laser gun as a permanent weapon.

Played about two hours last night got up to level 8 and opened up some more perks and killstreak attacks.

The graphics are solid, the controls are solid as usual too. Really the only thing that has me wondering if I should just put Ghosts in instead if the jumping/boosting stuff but I think I can get used to it.

A lot of the menus move really fast and lists have been replaced with tiles which makes going through your challenges and etc a little more cumbersome.

I cant see as many snipers as usual on this game since everyone is dashing and flying and moving around so damn fast.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't played the multiplayer yet. I'm trying to beat the campaign first. I might not get back to it if I don't. The campaign is much better than Ghosts or BO2. I'm really liking it so far.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't played a COD campaign since the first modern warfare :) straight to online.

I have a buddy who has never really played shooters but if gameflying it to give it a try and figure we will be doing the coop mode quite a bit to see if he can play.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't played a COD campaign since the first modern warfare :) straight to online.

I have a buddy who has never really played shooters but if gameflying it to give it a try and figure we will be doing the coop mode quite a bit to see if he can play.

It is really good and they did a hell of a job on Kevin Spacey. Play this one, I think you'll like it.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't gotten much done today. I just want to go home and play.

even though I know I wont be able to just go home and play all day

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
played level one of the campaign, seems pretty good.

Had about 3 hours of MP over the weekend. I still like it and dont like it. The jetpack stuff if a pita. I get died when I do it a lot and have a hard time hitting the others who are doing it in a lot of circumstances :)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
played level one of the campaign, seems pretty good.

Had about 3 hours of MP over the weekend. I still like it and dont like it. The jetpack stuff if a pita. I get died when I do it a lot and have a hard time hitting the others who are doing it in a lot of circumstances :)

It feels like a fresh reboot of the series that I was about to write off. The campaign is better, maps, guns, everything. It has brought a lot of the fun back to COD. I'd say I'm 90% through the campaign and I have enjoyed most all of it. They did a hell of a job with Spacey.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It feels like a fresh reboot of the series that I was about to write off. The campaign is better, maps, guns, everything. It has brought a lot of the fun back to COD. I'd say I'm 90% through the campaign and I have enjoyed most all of it. They did a hell of a job with Spacey.

I am in the air on guns still too but probably just because I haven't found my gun just yet.

Im still a fan of the series, even ghosts was solid. I usually get 2-4 months of gameplay out of them before I tire of it. Just new maps is enough to bring me back however I never buy the map packs/season passes as those maps never end up in deathmatch anyway as not everyone in the room has the maps.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ghosts was solid? That might be the first time I heard those words put together in a sentence.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone else play it yet? I saw DRC on single player last night.

I had my first extensive session last night. Its solid, still COD but is taking some time getting used to a lot of stuff. There are some significant changes from the old CODs I am still trying to get used to. Its fun as always, a little faster than older versions which I will typically welcome.

I have a love/hate relationship with the double jump/dash and etc. Some games I go 10-2 and some I go 2-16. May just be a getting used to maps thing.

So far I find the AK-12 is the best gun for me. I tried the other two assault guns too. The one with the 3 shot burst is pretty good unless you are in a very close gunfight, then the burst fire often puts me in a hole.

I noticed a lot of people have laser guns. I am intrigued to try them but dont think I will like a laser gun as a permanent weapon.

Played about two hours last night got up to level 8 and opened up some more perks and killstreak attacks.

The graphics are solid, the controls are solid as usual too. Really the only thing that has me wondering if I should just put Ghosts in instead if the jumping/boosting stuff but I think I can get used to it.

A lot of the menus move really fast and lists have been replaced with tiles which makes going through your challenges and etc a little more cumbersome.

I cant see as many snipers as usual on this game since everyone is dashing and flying and moving around so damn fast.

Yea, I haven't played it yet but on another forum of mine, a few guys are saying the same thing about wins and loses. They dominate on one session then get whopped on the next. Seems strange its like that. Do they move the winners to a whole different server and have them play together? Seems weird that you are not the only one that this happens to.

I have all the call of duties besides the last 2 and I have never once played the campaigns. Straight to online for me also. Just to much fun playing against real players. I get dominated most of the times, but there are those times I can hang. :)

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I haven't played it yet but on another forum of mine, a few guys are saying the same thing about wins and loses. They dominate on one session then get whopped on the next. Seems strange its like that. Do they move the winners to a whole different server and have them play together? Seems weird that you are not the only one that this happens to.

I have all the call of duties besides the last 2 and I have never once played the campaigns. Straight to online for me also. Just to much fun playing against real players. I get dominated most of the times, but there are those times I can hang. :)

Once a round finishes, the teams are typically re-sorted by ranking to be #1 left, #2 right and so on so forth unless you have a party.

I think part of it is that I just suck at a few of the maps.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good games last night. I think that coop mode may be one of my favorites on there.

Now if I can just get singer to get good and to stick by me instead of running away and dying.

I think for those capture dogtag and etc modes the best strategy would have someone collecting and then the other 2 following that guy trying to kill all the threats around the collector/diffuser/whatever. but communication is key.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good games last night. I think that coop mode may be one of my favorites on there.

Now if I can just get singer to get good and to stick by me instead of running away and dying.

I think for those capture dogtag and etc modes the best strategy would have someone collecting and then the other 2 following that guy trying to kill all the threats around the collector/diffuser/whatever. but communication is key.

It also doesn't look like having less than the 4 player max results in less enemies. You will want to have 4 whenever possible.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It also doesn't look like having less than the 4 player max results in less enemies. You will want to have 4 whenever possible.

It seemed that the only way I could invite friends was by making a private match. There may be a way to do it otherwise so random people can come in as your 4th if needed.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What are you playing on, xbox one or PS 4?

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the campaign is rather interesting of a story. The gameplay is ok but the story is compelling me to keep playing it.

I may finish campaign, tinker around with it for the rest of the month and send it back. I dont think this one is a buy for me. When I go online I just dont feel the happiness I usually do playing COD. I think I prefer Ghosts multiplayer :shrug:

I dont know if its the maps or the exos or just that I seem to not be so good at this one but I enjoyed Ghosts online much more.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard