OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.slusho.jp/

a fake website supposedly made for the movie. in the trailer, at about 50 seconds in, one of the guys at the party is wearing a slusho t-shirt (he's the one that talks to the camera right before they go on the roof).

I sent an email to the address on that site, got this back:

Slusho! loves your mails!! You Can't Drink Just Six!!!

Red Hawk

JUST WIN!
Reaction score
That trailer played before Transformers and the response from the audience was "WTF was that?"

No movie title so everyone was wondering if it was a trailer for real movie or part of all the "On the lot" promos they were running.

Red Hawk

JUST WIN!
Reaction score
Weird from wiki.

Cloverfield" is the code name of an upcoming science fiction film produced by J. J. Abrams, directed by Matt Reeves, and written by Drew Goddard. First publicized in advance screenings of Transformers, the secret project is slated for a January 18, 2008 release. Paramount has been reported to be carrying out a viral marketing campaign to promote the film. The as yet untitled film may also be using the working title "Slusho."[1]

Production
In February 2007, Paramount Pictures secretly greenlighted the project "Cloverfield" to be produced by J. J. Abrams, directed by Matt Reeves, and written by Drew Goddard. The casting process was also carried out in secret, with no script being sent out to candidates.[2] It has been confirmed that Michael Stahl-David, Odette Yustman and Lizzy Caplan star in the movie.[3] With production estimated to have a budget of $30 million, filming began in mid-June in New York.[2]

[edit] Marketing
As Transformers showed high tracking numbers before its release, Paramount decided to release a teaser for "Cloverfield" before the film to build hype. The teaser footage is shot with a hand-held camera to emulate a home-movie style, and did not reveal the name of the film, but showed a release date of January 18, 2008 for the film. It is not yet verified if the film will carry the same style. The teaser was leaked onto YouTube by people who recorded it with camcorders, but Paramount invoked its copyright claim to have the links removed.[2] Paramount eventually made the teaser trailer available to the public at Apple.com. Following the teaser's release, USA Today (among other outlets and media blogs) reported the hype among moviegoers regarding the lack of title in its screening and the background of the film itself.[4]

Paramount was also reported to have published puzzle websites such as EthanHaasWasRight.com in a viral marketing campaign to promote the film.[4] Based on the Ethan Haas sites, the film was speculated to be about many fictional monsters, such as Cthulhu, Voltron, Godzilla or the TV Show Lost.[4] These reports appear to have been addressed by J.J. Abrams himself, according to Harry Knowles of Ain't It Cool News. Knowles claims he received an email from Abrams, declaring www.1-18-08.com to be the official site, and implied there are more to be found. He also stated in this email that the Ethan Haas sites are unrelated to the film, despite early conjecture.[5]

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Eh, it's backfiring. I've completely lost interest in thinking about searching for any other trailers, because there's no point--there aren't any. So maybe when there are, I won't even care enough to look, because I won't expect to find anything.

This kind of strategy is veeeeery dangerous. Yeah, you can pique interest by showing that kind of trailer, but you had BETTER be ready to back it up, or the interest will die. After finding nothing about it online, I forgot all about it until someone made a thread on here. The secret squirrel crap is not impressing me.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
From ethanhaaswasright.com email

I think I’m safe, for now. Wherever I go it isn’t long before they find me.

It seems The Mezin are connected to every aspect of humanity, from culture and religion to our most advanced technology

I have to be more careful contacting all of you. When I began I thought I could safely speak about his writings and perhaps save us all...

but now it seems I will have to find a more subtle way to share his visions.

If this is the first message you have received from me do not give up hope! There are others that have gone before you, the way has been found, you only need to search and you will find the answers you seek. We will all have a role to play. We are getting stronger, our voices will be heard!

I have more of Haas’s writings, once I find a secure way to transmit them I will leave you clues to find them.

The more I read the more I realize Haas was right………
Which is basically what he says after the first puzzle. Something he says helps you with the second puzzle.

Oops... that isn't true.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
The trailer really captured my attention. I want to see this one...looks interesting. And it's Abrams, from Lost, my favorite show. :-o

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JJ Abrams and Drew Goddard are both involved with Lost. The trailer for this movie reminded me of the "security system" on the Lost island.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with the second puzzle!

I got it!

Last edited:

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
H. P. Lovecraft getting some big screen love is something I can definetly handle.

I don't know if they will be able to convey the absoulute horror that the Cthulhu is supposed to create with it mere presence to the big screen. This movie is going to be intresting to say the least.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Spill the beans before the Mezin get me....

Ok, but don't say I didn't warn you...

You need to spell "Haas" with the 4 symbols in the bottom-center of the ball. There should be a star at the right-hand side of the screen that when you hover over it shows you the symbol alphabet with a on the left and z on the right.

edit: Still working on the 4th one, this one's tough!

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Oh yeah, beat all five!

There's a secret message upon completion:

Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
IPO on HSX today for $30.00. Got in for 50,000

kellthaqtpie

Reaction score
JJ Abrams and his ARG's get me everytime. I always get semi-obsessed with them ant trying to figure them out, being a gamer at heart. Viral marketing at it's best!

This Cthulhu project should be awesome. I am excited to see how the monster is portrayed. It's crazy because there is another Cthulhu flick coming out in the fall, but it will not even be to the scale that the Abrams project will be...i mean, comon, it stars tori spelling! lol. but the site is pretty darn cool:

http://www.cthulhuthemovie.com/

check the trailer there...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard