Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
1. I'm so freaking nervous.
2. If we win tonight without CP3..... We will win the series. period.
3. If the Clips play Cousins...... We will win that floor time. He is fools gold.
4. Same goes for Rondo.
5. We have to figure out the switches in the pick game to keep Payne off off of PG.

Guard the three point line and limit their runs. That's the plan.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. I'm so freaking nervous.
2. If we win tonight without CP3..... We will win the series. period.
3. If the Clips play Cousins...... We will win that floor time. He is fools gold.
4. Same goes for Rondo.
5. We have to figure out the switches in the pick game to keep Payne off off of PG.

Guard the three point line and limit their runs. That's the plan.

Payne actually guarded him well imo. On two occasions he was able to poke the ball away and made him reset, then he passed.
PG actually pushed payne to get space, and payne kept poking then the refs gave Payne the cheap foul.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the most one can hope for when guarding Paul George is to distract him a bit or have him work for his shot. One is not going to block it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Payne actually guarded him well imo. On two occasions he was able to poke the ball away and made him reset, then he passed.
PG actually pushed payne to get space, and payne kept poking then the refs gave Payne the cheap foul.
That actually worked to the Suns favor when the Clippers were running the pick and roll, because the switch would have put Booker or Bridges on him, instead of vice versa.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That actually worked to the Suns favor when the Clippers were running the pick and roll, because the switch would have put Booker or Bridges on him, instead of vice versa.

with Moore probably seeing less minutes today, i expect them to try and attack booker more. We have this other guy Carter though who is no slouch on defense.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
with Moore probably seeing less minutes today, i expect them to try and attack booker more. We have this other guy Carter though who is no slouch on defense.
I'd like to see Carter get some run on Reggie Jackson.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am oddly confident about this game. I guess 8 in a row in the playoffs can make a guy that way.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Scott Foster is the lead official tonight. Maybe it's not so bad that Paul is out after all. If he's going to miss a game, this isn't a bad night to do it. They've got a history. 0-12 for Paul.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Scott Foster is the lead official tonight. Maybe it's not so bad that Paul is out after all. If he's going to miss a game, this isn't a bad night to do it. They've got a history. 0-12 for Paul.
That’s still a crazy stat to me for a player who has won over 50% of his career games. To go 0-12 with any one variable seems almost impossible.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That’s still a crazy stat to me for a player who has won over 50% of his career games. To go 0-12 with any one variable seems almost impossible.
Is it 0-12 career or 0-12 in playoffs. Either way it is weird. Wonder if Foster just doesn't give him some of the calls that CP3 is used to getting from other refs.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the most one can hope for when guarding Paul George is to distract him a bit or have him work for his shot. One is not going to block it.

Yea man. You can’t stop a guy like that. You can only try to slow him down and make it harder for him to score so he gets worn down.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Hmm well I guess that is the positive way to look at it. But if he truly has beef with Paul, I think he will still not ref the Suns fairly because he knows it will still hurt Paul whether he is playing or not.