Chase Budinger

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
It's still early for scouting, but as a UA fan I've gotten a couple of looks at this guy so far. Only a freshman, but he's got a real feel for the game, he can shoot it, and unlike most, uh, caucasians, he has decent body control in the air, so his inflated vertical isn't just a number.

Budinger is already twice the prospect that Marcus Williams is IMO; the main question I would have at this point is whether Budinger's shooting range extends past the NBA 3pt line. Even so, because of the strength of next year's draft, he's got a good chance to last to #8 or so, and right now, it seems that the Suns could use a shooting SF at least as much as another big.

Just something to think about, the next time you catch Arizona in action. :thumbup:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's still early for scouting, but as a UA fan I've gotten a couple of looks at this guy so far. Only a freshman, but he's got a real feel for the game, he can shoot it, and unlike most, uh, caucasians, he has decent body control in the air, so his inflated vertical isn't just a number.

Budinger is already twice the prospect that Marcus Williams is IMO; the main question I would have at this point is whether Budinger's shooting range extends past the NBA 3pt line. Even so, because of the strength of next year's draft, he's got a good chance to last to #8 or so, and right now, it seems that the Suns could use a shooting SF at least as much as another big.

Just something to think about, the next time you catch Arizona in action. :thumbup:

Chase has a 42 inch vertical. I really believe Chase will be staying at the UofA for two years because he wants to play on the US men's volleyball
team in the 2008 Olympics. Chase is a great volleyball player and is good enough to play.

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
Chase has a 42 inch vertical. I really believe Chase will be staying at the UofA for two years because he wants to play on the US men's volleyball
team in the 2008 Olympics. Chase is a great volleyball player and is good enough to play.

Chase + Bayless = :jawdrop:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I am hoping the Suns draft him this year if he blows up like i think he will and becomes a top 13 pick,

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
Chase is going to stay awhile, he can rebound but he is terrible at man to man defense.

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
CHase if he entered would be a top 5 pick, tune into UofA games this season and remember this kid is the real deal.

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
I go to U of A and have had the pleasure of watching him live a few times, terrific slasher with unbelievable leaping ability and body control. He uses the glass nicely and strokes the three. But again, he is weak at defense.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's part of a terrific group of freshmen in the Pac 10. I started a thread in the college group about it but there are a bunch this year. UW has both Hawes and Pondexter, Oregon has Tajuan Porter, USC has Taj Gibson, and Cal has arguably the best freshman overall(based on play so far) in 6'9" Ryan Anderson who leads the team in scoring and rebounds and has essentially replaced Leon Powe's numbers.

He's a shooter not a banger like Powe, kind of reminds me a bit of Don MacLean, probably a better post player not quite the scorer MacLean was but he led the entire state in scoring last year (California) while playing in the Sacramento area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard