Cards to sign WR Kevin White

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Post draft he'd be worth a look if needed. We signed a new TE, yeah? And then seals Jones and a rookie if a good one is there. If not, no problem with eifert trying to make the roster.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
Well, he's injury prone so he's right up Keim's ally.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe the attention this signing has gotten today. I think it's a side effect of hyper interest in our Cards due to the #1 pick and Kyler Murray.

The vast majority of years, this is 15 to 25 posts. Then, cut in camp gets another two posts. A year anniversary from the signing, we have all forgotten about it.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
I can't believe the attention this signing has gotten today. I think it's a side effect of hyper interest in our Cards due to the #1 pick and Kyler Murray.

The vast majority of years, this is 15 to 25 posts. Then, cut in camp gets another two posts. A year anniversary from the signing, we have all forgotten about it.

It’s a side effect of our desperation for an outside WR. We really don’t have much to work with on the roster.

Reactions: PJ1

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wrote this a couple of hours before the signing:

Another intriguing option, at least according to me, could be Kevin White, previously with the Bears. White has been a major bust since being drafted 7th overall in 2015, but that is primarily because of injuries and getting back from them, and I mean, bringing him to camp can’t hurt. He certainly has the potential, and he won’t cost much.

White was a great draft prospect after coming out from West Virgina where his head coach was Dana Holgersen. Kliff Kingsbury is a direct protégé of Holgersen, and their offensive systems are alike. In fact, Holgersen and Kingsbury used to share an apartment. It really is mentor and pupil, so maybe Holgersen has told Kingsbury about Kevin White.

So, obviously, I was really excited when I woke up and saw they had signed him.

Also, don’t forget that the new wide receiver coach, David Raih, has repeatedly coached up less talented receivers to be productive in the Packers’ offense. Maybe he can do wonders with White – and perhaps even Chad Williams.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Like the signing.

Yes he's been injury-prone. But the risk-reward ratio is positive.
Beyond Fitz and Christian Kirk coming off a serious injury, the wide receiver cupboard is bare. Kevin has a legitimate chance to get his career
back on track, and the Cardinals have a wide receiver who perfectly fits KK's system.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Based on the injury history, I think a reasonable prediction for his season is:

12 catches, 187 yards, 0 touchdowns.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Poor Pharoah Cooper, empty cupboard, pro bowl returner, wants to be used as a receiver...and the fans don’t even acknowledge his existence.

Hey, I'm already invisible to my boss and (sometimes the SO when she's upset). Where do I sign up for Cooper's salary of ~$1M since I already have experience in this? :D

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's not an upgrade over a blade of grass at this time. He's proven nothing in the league...
In 3 full seasons White has 25 catches for 284 yards
If he wasn't a first round draft pick he'd be working for UPS and not getting another shot

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's not an upgrade over a blade of grass at this time. He's proven nothing in the league...
If he wasn't a first round draft pick he'd be working for UPS and not getting another shot
Meh. We need camp bodies. If he is healthy and lights it up in camp( which is what he will have to do) he will be putting in apps at UPS.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
As long as the Cardinals are not counting on him to be more than a 4th or 5th WR option, this signing is fine.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Humor escapes you I see

PlanoCard

Rookie
Reaction score
He was an incredible talent in college at WV and worthy of where the Bears picked him as the 7th overall pick. His injuries have obviously been terrible. I assume our medical staff is smart enough to see where he is physically and if he can stay healthy this year, he's the proverbial low risk, high reward signing. No downside that I see here.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Apart from Fitzgerald wanted him here according to the cardscover2 podcast

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson