Cards to sign WR Kevin White

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While the 2018 campaign was his healthiest, he was also behind Allen Robinson, Anthony Miller and Taylor Gabriel on a revamped Chicago depth chart and finished with just four catches for 92 yards in nine games.

He is yet to find the end zone in his NFL career.

Ouch.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In 3 years he has had 25 receptions for 285 yards and 0 TD's.

Doesn't sound like much, but his advanced stats are off the charts.

;)

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
I figured we’d try him out. This is a KK move no doubt. If you’re going to take a flier on an injury prone WR, he offers the highest upside while also taking the lowest risk. And he’s only 26/27 years old.

He has more potential than Chad Williams that’s for sure. Listed as the starter all year and 17 catches for 171 yards? He missed like 3 or 4 games but not good. In 2016 White already had more than that through 4 games before being injured.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brown was actually pretty big for us in the 13-3 season. Over a thousand yards and seemed to get at a big PI call seemingly every other game that season.

I don't really have issue with this signing. My issue will come from what I fear follows... doing nothing else in FA to address what's been a glaring need for three years... forcing us to draft (probably high) and depend on a rookie WR... who may be the next John Brown (best case) or whoever the hell that bust was who we drafted in the 3rd round a couple seasons ago.

Chad Williams... that was his name! Oy.
I doubt we are banking on a kid that has 25 catches in 4 years. I'm assuming this is more of a show us what you got final chance type contract.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JJ Nelson is a good fit for the new offense. He was never a great route runner. He is a guy you want to get the ball on screens and in space. I think KK could make him work.
I'm fine with him earning it. As a 4 or 5/gadget guy. I am not fine with relying on him to be any more than that. Dude isn't good at catching the ball and has never done anything more than a play here and a play there.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why I'm convinced Keim is going to sign Eifert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post draft he'd be worth a look if needed. We signed a new TE, yeah? And then seals Jones and a rookie if a good one is there. If not, no problem with eifert trying to make the roster.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
This is what I came in to say... didn’t he run in an Air Raid offense? Sneaky good signing, low risk.

I am on board with saying, that IF this a prove it contract with little investment, then I really like the signing.

This free agent class is pretty poor. Even Williams from the Chargers was not exactly a guy I would have liked to see money sunk into.

Signing a wide receiver, on the cheap, that thrived in a Mike Leach college offense, and had skills enough to get chosen 7th overall is not a bad risk to take.

With all the talk about "best for the offense" there should be some support for signing this player.

Of course the HUGE issue is he is injury prone. I get it, it is free agency and guys who are injury prone are going to be the players available, and it is football and everyone gets hurt.

But, seriously, the Cardinals seem to sign nothing but guys who get hurt.

But, to be fair, the Seahawks signed Mike Iupati to sit on their bench for them.

At this point, I say we go all in on the injury guys and sign Eric Berry.

Best team to never see the field. LOL But the point is, I like this signing for its risk/reward.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This guy makes Kevin Kolb look durable. Won't make the final 53. Surprised he didn't pull something signing his contract.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am on board with saying, that IF this a prove it contract with little investment, then I really like the signing.

This free agent class is pretty poor. Even Williams from the Chargers was not exactly a guy I would have liked to see money sunk into.

Signing a wide receiver, on the cheap, that thrived in a Mike Leach college offense, and had skills enough to get chosen 7th overall is not a bad risk to take.

With all the talk about "best for the offense" there should be some support for signing this player.

Of course the HUGE issue is he is injury prone. I get it, it is free agency and guys who are injury prone are going to be the players available, and it is football and everyone gets hurt.

But, to be fair, the Seahawks signed Mike Iupati to sit on their bench for them.

Best team to never see the field. LOL But the point is, I like this signing for its risk/reward.

Iupati is their starting LG replacing Sweezy .

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Big laugh at "Best team to never see the field" lol

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
A 1 year deal, hope there isn’t much guaranteed in that contract. The guy is athletic as hell and can catch but he just can’t stay healthy, and it isn’t even recurring injuries it is a different thing every time.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If it’s a low price prove it deal, no issue at all. Any production out of him is all gravy

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Few NFL players are injury free especially free agents. Players are bigger and faster than ever. Check the injury reserve list, it gets larger every year. IMO criticizing Keim for signing players that have had injuries is foolish as they all have. Players like Fitz and Patrick Peterson are really exceptions.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am ok with this deal. There is some talent here for hope unlike Chad Williams and a bunch of guys Keim fielded last year.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson