Cards sign OL Hjalte Froholdt

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beachum is going to age out and DJ is playing quite poorly. Is it just this season, or is he in decline?
Beachum has a $2.5 million cap hit next year at 35 years old. He's perfect to mentor a top pick if we move on from DJ. You're spot on! I do want to see DJ play with Kyler though. It felt like his legs helped the OL look a bit better. If DJ looks like the DJ from the last few years, then we can wait a year to replace him and focus on the the IOL and DL.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Beachum has a $2.5 million cap hit next year at 35 years old. He's perfect to mentor a top pick if we move on from DJ. You're spot on! I do want to see DJ play with Kyler though. It felt like his legs helped the OL look a bit better. If DJ looks like the DJ from the last few years, then we can wait a year to replace him and focus on the the IOL and DL.
Hump has only really had 1 year where he was above average. But LT's are so hard to come by that at or slightly below average was still really valuable.
But right now, in this draft, we have an opportunity to draft a guy who projects to be above average his entire career...and since olinemen regularly play into mid thirties, Hump has a ton of trade value because the buying team should get a solid 5 years from him.
I would look into Fashanu, Alt, and Mims... and trade Hump. Just because a guy has been adequate doesn't mean we shouldn't look to upgrade.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hump has only really had 1 year where he was above average. But LT's are so hard to come by that at or slightly below average was still really valuable.
But right now, in this draft, we have an opportunity to draft a guy who projects to be above average his entire career...and since olinemen regularly play into mid thirties, Hump has a ton of trade value because the buying team should get a solid 5 years from him.
I would look into Fashanu, Alt, and Mims... and trade Hump. Just because a guy has been adequate doesn't mean we shouldn't look to upgrade.
I'd honestly love that if we could pull it off. Especially since he's a $22 million cap hit the next 2 years. If we trade him, we save $9 million, so next year with a rookie LT from the 1st round and a trade still saves us about $3-$4 million and off the hook for that $22 million in 2025. With an expensive QB and a rebuild, that helps for sure.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beachum is going to age out and DJ is playing quite poorly. Is it just this season, or is he in decline?
DJ is average but under contract and a leader. We could do (and have done) significantly worse. Johnson is our best lineman already and LTOTF imo. Hump is either getting 22 mil next year or will be 13+ mil in dead cap and replaced by Johnson with a rookie or FA on the right side.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Average is ok for LT. If you factor longevity, Humphries is the best LT the Cardinals have had in the Arizona era.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Good take.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Never should have traded Jones. Young and in his prime. Beachum would have been the guy I would have traded but now we only have DJ at LT.
I have no idea how the Jones trade went down, but it SEEMS to me that some teams might want Jones, but no teams would want Beachum. And teams consider who is better in the locker room and there KB is a team leader. Just better for the short term, imo.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I don't have access to PFF but FWIW...

Fro is ranked #19 out of 32 Centers

Mason Cole (we drafted in 3rd round 2018) is one spot above him.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think the draft could provide an opportunity to draft a replacement for Humphries but I am not signing a big name FA or reaching for a drafted player just to move on. More focused on LG in FA

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Center is the most important position on the Offensive line aside from LT

You can either have a Center ranked in the 20s or you can plan to be successful in the playoffs

The guy can't even remember what the snap count is - AND HE'S THE CENTER LOL

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You can either have a Center ranked in the 20s or you can plan to be successful in the playoffs

Meh… I’d actually argue that in todays NFL the RT is equally as important as LT.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

San Francisco's OC is a guy named Jake Brendel. He's 31 years old and an undrafted free agent.
Seattle's OC Evan Brown is 27 years old and playing on his fifth team in five NFL seasons.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison