Cards Pick 4th

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
...and who is catching passes beyond McBride?
WR Michael Wilson really looked good for the past two weeks. I was at the game and also listened to the locker room interview with Wilson, he really likes working with Kyler and feels they have special connection. But, no argument here, he can be a #2 receiver and the Cards need a #1. Wilson also needs to stay healthy as he mentioned his neck/shoulder injury kept hime out for quite a bit his season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
WR Michael Wilson really looked good for the past two weeks. I was at the game and also listened to the locker room interview with Wilson, he really likes working with Kyler and feels they have special connection. But, no argument here, he can be a #2 receiver and the Cards need a #1. Wilson also needs to stay healthy as he mentioned his neck/shoulder injury kept hime out for quite a bit his season.
Injury issues and also disappearing in some games issues. I like the kid but don't want to count on him as anything more than a #3.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
If I am da Bears I draft Williams and give him a red shirt year behind Fields. He is likely to play a few games in year one when Fields gets hurt. They should exercise the option on Fields and trade him next off season.

Chiefs did something similar with Patrick Mahomes and got draft picks from Washington when they traded Alex Smith.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’ve checked Bears Reddit, Bears forums, Bears Twitter, & so forth. Trust me, you guys are a lot higher on Fields than majority of Bears’ fans themselves seem to be.
While true.

A lot of that stems from losing to hated rival Packers And it appearing Flus is returning. Bears fans will likely be changing their tune come next week. They were heavy Fields + trade back > Caleb 24 hours ago.

Injury issues and also disappearing in some games issues. I like the kid but don't want to count on him as anything more than a #3.
If Monti risks Wilson as his #2 Wr in 2024 (God forbid his #1) then that'll tell us he's not serious about the Cardinals competing yet.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hate the Commanders didnt pull Sam Howell early against the Jets. That was the game to be won.

Early (and probably emotional takes) but Patriots fans seem set on if the top 2 QBs are gone they want MHJ.

I know its not likely to happen but I hope the Commanders do take a Daniels or Penix at 2. Either way need Drake Maye available at 3 cause that would seal it that MHJ is at 4.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would change this to Byron Murphy. Think he’s gonna shoot up on draft boards while Newton will probably be gone.
Newton could be gone for sure. He is a size outlier so unless he tests off the charts, he may still be around.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once we moved out of #2 we screwed ourselves. We would have been in position to get a huge haul at #2 from a team wanting to move up for a QB. As much as I love MHJ...if younhave a top 2 pick in a draft with 2 elite QB prospects...and you're not picking a QB yourself...then it only makes sense to take the best offer. We .ight have been able to similar package to what Chicago did last year...a very good player and multiple 1st rounders.

Now, finishing at #4 is fine, but a trade out is pretty much out of the question. We have to stay put and draft an elite player. The good news is it should be either MHJ or Joe Alt. We have huge needs at both WR and LT...and both go a long way to helping Kyler. it's one of those 2 guys...i would put it at 95%.

Where things could get interesting is trying to get a WR1 if we don't land MHJ with #4. It depends on who our coaching staff zeros in on...but we do have the ammo to move up and get Oduze or Coleman...possibly Nabers depending on how the draft goes. I'm torn as to my preference for trading up to make sure we get our choice...or sticking put and hoping one falls
Why do we need a LT we drafted one last year

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The Bears are between a rock and a hard place. They can surely trade the pick but if they are wrong on Field it will set them back for years.
Houston proved you can win with a rookie qb in place. They are staring at passing on Williams and putting all their eggs in Fields basket.
They have a #1 Wr. They have a TE. They have a couple of good RB’s. Maybe they should take Williams and then o-line on their other 1st round pick.
Maybe the get NE’s first in 2025

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard