Cards Pick 4th

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Looking ahead to the QB class of 2025 it’s Quinn Ewers and Shadeur Sanders (both bigger question marks than Caleb & Maye were a year ago). A team picking top-3 this year that needs a QB is playing with fire passing on Maye or Daniels. We’ll know if New England goes the FA QB route before the draft but those pickings are slim; Russell Wilson? Ryan Tannehill? 36 year old Kirk Cousins coming off a torn achilles?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Another wasted talent, ala Michael Floyd! When he was imploring guys not to hit him because of his nipple piercings, the writing was on the wall.
Eh at his height, David Boston was one of the most talented receivers I've ever seen.

I remember him challenging DBs to tackle him one-on-one because it didn't happen much at all.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I Think that is a Great scenario.

The players We needed at the Value of #4 are gone. No use crying over spilled milk.

Maye Will be Sitting there then and there is a chance to Absolutely fleece Atlanta Or Minnesota for the chance to take him. Moving from 8-10 for a franchise QB at #4 will cost next years 1st and possibly a 3rd.

Gives us an extra 1st rounder next year and that extra 3rd Will give even more draft Capital to move up for a specific player. The Value of Atlantas’s 3rd to move up Makes the #21 a potential #16 and #35 a potential #23.

Monti has shown us that he is not shy of dealing up and down.
It would take more than just a 1st and a 3rd for me to move down that far.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I could see the bears trading down with Washington for a haul and taking Marvin then the pats taking alt. That’s my nightmare. I would take faushanu but I bet we would trade back. If not offered a trade package and we have to pick it’s odunze
No one's trading a haul to move from 2 to 1 this year. Not with 2 top QBs on the board.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Eh at his height, David Boston was one of the most talented receivers I've ever seen.

I remember him challenging DBs to tackle him one-on-one because it didn't happen much at all.
Thing is, he wasn't a head case at all while at OSU and came from a good family. His dad was a referee, think linesman, in the NFL and his sister a lawyer. Very surprising he turned out the way he did.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
No one's trading a haul to move from 2 to 1 this year. Not with 2 top QBs on the board.
you never know. If a GM wants Williams bad enough, he will. I remember the Bears giving up quite a bit to SF to move from 3 to 2 to get Trubisky when everyone knew SF wasn't taking a QB.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I think there is a ton of value in the 2nd round this year. I'm pretty sure MHJ will be the best WR in this class but for me its better to trade down to the 10 or 12 range if we can pick up a couple of 2nds in the process. WR Odunze/Edges Turner or Verse + WR Leggett/WR Franklin + NT Sweat/DT Murphy/CB Mitchell is much greater than just MHJ. Add OT Fuaga or DT Newton with Houston's pick, and Best player with our 35th. Yes, i'd like to grab 2 WRs and 2 DL in the 1st 2 rounds, and either OT or CB with the other pick. So much talent in this draft.
I would absolutely hate that. Get the elite player when you can. 2nd round picks, at best are a 50/50 chance they make any impact whatsoever. Passing on the best player in the draft for a bunch of question marks is a terrible move to me.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would absolutely hate that. Get the elite player when you can. 2nd round picks, at best are a 50/50 chance they make any impact whatsoever. Passing on the best player in the draft for a bunch of question marks is a terrible move to me.
Maybe MHJ is the best player in the Draft, and maybe he isn't. Stroud wasn't the first QB picked in the last Draft but he certainly looks like he was the best player. Only time will tell.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Maybe MHJ is the best player in the Draft, and maybe he isn't. Stroud wasn't the first QB picked in the last Draft but he certainly looks like he was the best player. Only time will tell.
And passing on Stroud got their GM fired just like it should happen to Monti if he passes on MHJ.

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score

I think he probably is the best player in the draft, but I also think this is a super deep draft, lots of 1st rd talent will be available late in the 2nd, IMO. Now free agency may change all that, but right now we have way too many holes to fill. And if these 2nd rounders are all 50/50 that means the other 10 picks have an even lower chance of helping.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Lol, who said he wasn't talented? Dude was a beast but also a moron. Harder to believe as he came from a fam with a dad as a ref.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
my airtight and 100% accurate hunch is that its a 50/50 shot that MHJ is there at #4

im not convinced that 3 Qbs go 1-2-3. Last year Anthony Richardson was the late rising 3rd QB and the Colts held firm at #4 rather than moving to #3 --

Chicago could take less from either Wash or NE in a trade scenario to ensure they get MHJ.

NE could sign someone like Russ Wilson and Bill could make one last run at it (although that seems like a very odd couple).

im adjusting my expectations

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The serenity prayer.
We have no control over the first 3 picks unless we trade up and we are not doing that. If MHJ is there we aren’t even sure if Monti will select him.
It may very well be MO sees player A and B is better for this team and than MHJ and player B.
Would we be upset if we ended up (by trading picks) with Odunze, Verse and Sweat?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pat's are now perfectly set up for a rebuild. Let Belichick leave and bring in Vrabel. Get him the QB of his choice at #3 or #34 and go from there.

I include the 2nd round because I personally wouldn't take anyone other than Maye or Williams with a top 3 pick..Daniels does nothing for me. At #34 they probably have their pick of Nix, Pennix and maybe McCarthy. All good enough to be their starter going forward
There will be at least five quarterbacks taken in the first round.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There will be at least five quarterbacks taken in the first round.
Just like there was in 2021.

Trevor Lawrence (1)
Zach Wilson (2)
Trey Lance (3)
Justin Fields (11)
Mac Jones (15)

Only one is in the playoffs this season.

Trey Lance is the third-string QB for the Dallas Cowboys.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I think Williams, Maye and Daniels will go in the top 3 picks unless Washington or New England sign Kirk Cousins in free agency. Someone is going to sign him as their starting QB and it might not be Minny. I think this is a definite possibility and it would probably mean one of these teams will pick MHJ before our pick at number 4.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard