Cards Pick 4th

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Obviously I don’t get the Brown stepped on him comment. I’ll move on…
I 100% believe that John Brown outworked Michael Floyd that offseason. Brown basically moved in with Carson Palmer and worked with him throughout the summer to build chemistry and become a reliable option.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I 100% believe that John Brown outworked Michael Floyd that offseason. Brown basically moved in with Carson Palmer and worked with him throughout the summer to build chemistry and become a reliable option.
something happened with Floyd after the 2015 season -- he went from an ascending player coming off of a 850 yard, 6 td -- 16 yard per catch avg (!) season to................... oddly disinterested and couldnt hang on to the football in 2016.

just another iteration of the Cards finding what looks like a great player only for them to fall off the cliff in the prime of their career without warning

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope if we go the MHJ route he turns out much better for us than the last great Ohio State WR we drafted in the first round (8th overall).

You must be registered for see images attach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
something happened with Floyd after the 2015 season -- he went from an ascending player coming off of a 850 yard, 6 td -- 16 yard per catch avg (!) season to................... oddly disinterested and couldnt hang on to the football in 2016.

just another iteration of the Cards finding what looks like a great player only for them to fall off the cliff in the prime of their career without warning
I think all the warning signs were in the building. Just terrible culture seeping in from the top.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I hope if we go the MHJ route he turns out much better for us than the last great Ohio State WR we drafted in the first round (8th overall).

You must be registered for see images attach
Another wasted talent, ala Michael Floyd! When he was imploring guys not to hit him because of his nipple piercings, the writing was on the wall.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

oh great, 4 more pages on whether or not Michael Floyd was ever great

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I don’t know. At 70 with a full knee replacement planned in February, I’m not sure I can be as sharp on my pass routes.
But I still might be better than Greens final year! lol!
Got you beat, 76 with 2 metal knees. Only one is definitely traceable to football.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is the most debated QB question making the rounds. His status will likely depend on how he throws at his Pro Day or maybe some private workouts. He could still go 3 but that’s no sure thing unfortunately. Root for him to throw well.
IF, and it's a big IF, Bill Belichick is making the Draft calls for the Patriots we won't know what to expect. Just a guess but I think they'll pick someone we wouldn't expect them to. And that will be good news for TV but possibly bad news for the Cards. Can't wait for April.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
So just to be clear you see no difference between a guy who has eclipsed 1000 yards receiving once and another who has done it the past two seasons. That's what you're gonna run with.

Kirk is closer to Hollywood than he is the Slim Reaper. Neither of the former are stars. I'm trying to determine if you really think that everyone who isn't a top 10 WR is just a guy in the NFL. Like, is Ja'Marr Chase (12th in yardage) not a star? What about Stefon Diggs (13th)? Is Nico Collins (8th) a star? Amon-Ra St. Brown (3rd). Justin Jefferson had 1074 yards this season -- is he indistinguishable from Christian Kirk for you? Garrett Wilson had 1042 yards and 2 TDs -- do you look at him and see Adam Thielen (1014/4)?

They are the same Michael Floyd.
Chase and Jefferson both had injuries to themselves and their QBs. But don’t bring that up.

Smith has been very similar to Kirk. Other than the cute nickname and being a top draft pick you’d likely agree.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
IF, and it's a big IF, Bill Belichick is making the Draft calls for the Patriots we won't know what to expect. Just a guess but I think they'll pick someone we wouldn't expect them to. And that will be good news for TV but possibly bad news for the Cards. Can't wait for April.
The Pat's are now perfectly set up for a rebuild. Let Belichick leave and bring in Vrabel. Get him the QB of his choice at #3 or #34 and go from there.

I include the 2nd round because I personally wouldn't take anyone other than Maye or Williams with a top 3 pick..Daniels does nothing for me. At #34 they probably have their pick of Nix, Pennix and maybe McCarthy. All good enough to be their starter going forward

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
The Pat's are now perfectly set up for a rebuild. Let Belichick leave and bring in Vrabel. Get him the QB of his choice at #3 or #34 and go from there.

I include the 2nd round because I personally wouldn't take anyone other than Maye or Williams with a top 3 pick..Daniels does nothing for me. At #34 they probably have their pick of Nix, Pennix and maybe McCarthy. All good enough to be their starter going forward
I could see the bears trading down with Washington for a haul and taking Marvin then the pats taking alt. That’s my nightmare. I would take faushanu but I bet we would trade back. If not offered a trade package and we have to pick it’s odunze

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I could see the bears trading down with Washington for a haul and taking Marvin then the pats taking alt. That’s my nightmare. I would take faushanu but I bet we would trade back. If not offered a trade package and we have to pick it’s odunze
wouldnt that leave at least one QB on the board?

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
it’s ultimately comes down to what the bears do with fields. If they keep him, likely chance we are out of the MHJ game.

Given that they are not firing their HC, I think they are not getting rid of fields quite yet either.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Another wasted talent, ala Michael Floyd! When he was imploring guys not to hit him because of his nipple piercings, the writing was on the wall.
In his defense...having a nipple ring tear out is Hella painful!!

But dude shoulda done it in the off season

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Just a feeling but McCarthy reminds me of Mac Jones.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I Think that is a Great scenario.

The players We needed at the Value of #4 are gone. No use crying over spilled milk.

Maye Will be Sitting there then and there is a chance to Absolutely fleece Atlanta Or Minnesota for the chance to take him. Moving from 8-10 for a franchise QB at #4 will cost next years 1st and possibly a 3rd.

Gives us an extra 1st rounder next year and that extra 3rd Will give even more draft Capital to move up for a specific player. The Value of Atlantas’s 3rd to move up Makes the #21 a potential #16 and #35 a potential #23.

Monti has shown us that he is not shy of dealing up and down.

Last edited:

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
I think there is a ton of value in the 2nd round this year. I'm pretty sure MHJ will be the best WR in this class but for me its better to trade down to the 10 or 12 range if we can pick up a couple of 2nds in the process. WR Odunze/Edges Turner or Verse + WR Leggett/WR Franklin + NT Sweat/DT Murphy/CB Mitchell is much greater than just MHJ. Add OT Fuaga or DT Newton with Houston's pick, and Best player with our 35th. Yes, i'd like to grab 2 WRs and 2 DL in the 1st 2 rounds, and either OT or CB with the other pick. So much talent in this draft.