Cards Pick 4th

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I think Williams, Maye and Daniels will go in the top 3 picks unless Washington or New England sign Kirk Cousins in free agency. Someone is going to sign him as their starting QB and it might not be Minny. I think this is a definite possibility and it would probably mean one of these teams will pick MHJ before our pick at number 4.
I think Washington will take a long look at Russell Wilson. That is if they can't or won't swing a deal with Chicago. Would they want Wilson or Drake Maye? Proven, but aging veteran, or fresh face. Their next coach may tell the tale.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Washington will take a long look at Russell Wilson. That is if they can't or won't swing a deal with Chicago. Would they want Wilson or Drake Maye? Proven, but aging veteran, or fresh face. Their next coach may tell the tale.
What would they gain paying big bucks to a QB now? They are a lot further away from contention than a QB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think Washington is now in the QB or trade back world, especially if they hire Belichick. They have McLaurin and Dotson, and have a need at QB and OT. A trade back with a QB needy team is a pretty clean fit if they don't want to take one.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think Washington is now in the QB or trade back world, especially if they hire Belichick. They have McLaurin and Dotson, and have a need at QB and OT. A trade back with a QB needy team is a pretty clean fit if they don't want to take one.
Washington is definitely a fit for Bill. Just hand him the keys and let him cook until he's done.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Wilson is also from Virginia. Hiring Belichick and bringing in Russell Wilson makes too much sense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Bellicheck to the Chargers just makes too much sense. Let him work his defensive magic and work with a good young QB--in the AFC!!!
If I were looking at what he did with young QBs in New England outside of Brady, I don't know that I would view it as a positive. Vrabel's work with Levis and Tannehill is more appealing.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were looking at what he did with young QBs in New England outside of Brady, I don't know that I would view it as a positive. Vrabel's work with Levis and Tannehill is more appealing.
Does Belichick and or Vrabel really work with QBs? I thought they were more defensive guys?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Yeah. If your primary concern is optimizing Justin Herbert, look elsewhere for your head coach than either.

Does Belichick and or Vrabel really work with QBs? I thought they were more defensive guys?

Both are culture builders/setters. I think part of the problem post-Brady was that Belichick didn't see himself as someone who coached players; he dedicated himself training coaches, and things got a little shaggy.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Just on the coaches..

Belichick will be able to pick his spot. I would be surprised if it isn't Washington or Atlanta.

The most interesting one would be Carolina. Who would want that job?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I clearly meant that he doesn't have to worry about getting the QB in place. He doesn't have to "do" anything with him other than get an offense in place and let him loose, then focus on the defense. He's no Tom Brady, but he's good enough.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Scuttlebut has Vrabel sitting out next year, Tomlin coaching out his contract then moving on from coaching, and Pittsburgh hiring Vrabel. The Steelers originally drafted Vrabel and he's from northeastern Ohio.

Could even happen after this year if Tomlin/Steelers don't want a lame duck coach next year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard