cards in flagstaff

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
when will they start to practice in front of the public?

do they ever do it it on weekends? (i work weekdays)

where do suggest staying (hotels)?

anything else out around the area worth doing?

cardfan

Registered
Reaction score
I believe the players leave for camp on July 29th, have a conditioning test on the 30th, and begin practices on the 31st. My guess is that the scrimmage will be on 8/8. Last year we stayed at the Drury Inn on Milton Rd--very close to camp, reasonable rates.

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
602-379-0102, i forgot the area code, will get you the Cardinals' front office of fan affairs or whatever its called, and they know everything about the the Cards! Good luck!! Meaning I think its 602.

Last edited:

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
I'm staying at the Travelodge (not sure which as there is 3 in Flag) the 6th through the 9th. Just 60 a night, and actually like low 50s during the week, just more on weekends. Really looking forward to it, should be able to make one practice and hopefully the scrimmage.

OP
OP
Cody

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
bump for suggestions on close hotels and ones at a good price but not one that is still at least somewhat nice.

have they released the practice shedule/days/times yet?

RedLine

Right Wing Extremist
Reaction score
No hotel info from me, I just do day trips.

However, good side trips include the requisite visits to Beaver Street Brewing and Mogollon Brewing. Also, between practices check out Lowell Observatory, Sunset Crater, Or the Ski lift ride at Snowbowl, you can see the Canyon from there.

Reaction score
bump for suggestions on close hotels and ones at a good price but not one that is still at least somewhat nice.

have they released the practice shedule/days/times yet?
Check the official Cardinals website... it's there.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
I drove by the practice fields today. They are finishing putting up a fence on the hill south of the fields. Probably because they are expecting bigger crowds, trying to get a jump on crowd control. The fence is about halfway up the hill on the plateau in the middle. It shouldn't interfere with the sightlines from the top of the hill but probably will crowd people upwards a little more, reduce viewing space, etc. It will also destroy that hill as a terrific snowplay venue in the winter. I'm sure camp will still be fun but its the first sign that it will be a lot different this year.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
damn, I was hoping the economy would keep the crowds small like last year...