Cards hire Drew Petzing as their OC

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ah, so should we just shut down the board because whatever decisions are ever made by the Cardinals are backed by the indisputable fact that ALL of these new guys in the FO and Staff has much riding on their evaluations?

You could have and probably did claim that KK and Kyler deserved their contract extensions because of the indisputable fact that Keim had so much riding on it. Saw how that decision played out with KK and Kyler was a disaster last year.

So, unless you’re calling for the board to shut down because no one can dispute the “indisputable” facts that the Cardinals are always making the right decision maybe you pocket that “end of f——-g story” crap.

You’re not the keeper of the board, Chopper’s free to say whatever he wants. He’s not even throwing around insults around at other posters (like you did in the above) so telling him to shut up while breaking board rules yourself is laughable. I mean… you’re consistently wrong about… pretty much everything but no one’s telling you to shut up.

Blah, blah, blah...

Chopper can say what he likes ad nauseam, and I can respond, and you can play the offended **** masquerading as a virgin.

Lessons from someone who continuously belittles any contrary view are lost on me.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If Kyler doesn’t listen to this guy, I completely get it and think he is justified in not doing so. I also support Kyler if he demands a trade. This is an embarrassment of a hire.
I’m embarrassed that you even type this considering how obvious it is how little insight (or any of us) has about this guy’s qualities as an OC.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't see a day 1 or day 2 pick being a RB.

The Patriots have been making lemonade with late round running backs for years. Probably looking 4th round soonest.
Except they traded for guys like Corey Dillon and they drafted the Georgia rb in the second round I think.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I completely agree
reverend!

i'm much more dubious about the offensive side of things versus defense. The HC has experience in the halls of NFL franchises, just coached one of the best defenses in the league. And before anyone gushes about the talent, were any of your shaking at the Eagles D prior to the season because I don't remember there being a groundswell of fear much anywhere. And the DC he brought over's specialty is LBers, where we SORELY need a great mind to get the best out of ours.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is like the Keim draft defense. How come no message board people know the best OC candidates in the league.
Except we were usually attacking Keim’s selection with the hindsight that his picks sucked. You’re just assuming that the selections of these coaches suck with virtually no information about them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It is telling that no one can formulate any argument for how Petzing is qualified for this job. The only thing that is being posted is “you don’t know” and “he is Gannon’s choice” none of which are qualifications.
Now THIS is the keim draft defense. “Tell me what makes a guy qualified when you would have zero access to that information!” Cmon man. We don’t work in NFL circles. We would have no insight (like you don’t) into what makes him a good or bad candidate.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Those who can, do.
Those who cant, teach.

Never having played football is irrelevent to how well a guy can coach.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe this is the only way this team actually wins one, turns it around. There is/was a certain scenario where any coach would have failed here. Then they turned down the Cards. It's like they planned on going about this hire a certain way because that was there best chance. Whether or not that's settling remains to be seen. And it's based on faith; how much of that is left remains an unknown.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Checkout the 2017 San Francisco Forty Niners

Lynch, 1st time GM
Shanny, 1st time HC and also basically served as OC
Robert Saleh, 1st time DC
Ooh… can we win nine total games over the next two years like the 2017 San Francisco 49ers did? That sounds like fun.

It’ll all be worth it if the Cards win a Super Bow like the 49ers did.

How often do you see OCs hired after their last position was TE coach?

Dan Campbell. Ken Whisenhut (I think).

The HC has experience in the halls of NFL franchises, just coached one of the best defenses in the league.

Against one of the softest schedules in the league. Whenever he faced a real offense that team melted like butter.

Good job beating Josh Johnson tho. Full credit.

Those who can, do.
Those who cant, teach.

Never having played football is irrelevent to how well a guy can coach.

I think that Choppers argument is that Jacoby Brissett’s QB Coach is not likely to have a lot of respect from Kyler Murray. If you believe the biggest problem with the Cards offense in the past 18 months is that the QB lacks respect for the coaching staff or system, that could be a challenge.

At least Cam Turner let Cam Newton carry him to a Super Bowl.

KiwiCard

Rookie
Reaction score
Brian Johnson the Eagles OC?

Lets just get Andy Reid.
Brian Johnson of AC/DC fame. Now we are talking, we’ll be Back in Black uniforms. It’s a long way to the top but he’s the man to take us. I wouldn’t have thought he’d consider us but I guess, Money Talks. Expect our offence to be explosive because his play calls will be TNT. Kyler will be back on the deep balls to shoot to thrill and shake us all night long.

Ahh it all seems too good to be true but as we know as Cards fans it will more likely be a highway to hell, and if you want blood you’ve got it.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
From The Athletic. I hope this keep the thread going another 10 pages.

Petzing, 35, is considered a rising star in the coaching business and last year interviewed for the Las Vegas Raiders’ offensive coordinator job. He now gets his first coordinator job under new Cardinals head coach Jonathan Gannon, a native Clevelander. Gannon, Petzing and Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski all worked together with the Minnesota Vikings from 2014-17.

When Stefanski moved Petzing from tight ends coach to quarterbacks coach in early 2022, the move was made because Stefanski believed in Petzing and knew the Browns were entering a period of quarterback uncertainty that ultimately included last March’s trade for Deshaun Watson. But Stefanski was also intent on helping Petzing add to his résumé after his interview with the Raiders last February. Gannon also had multiple head-coaching interviews in last year’s cycle, and Stefanski knew the Browns probably wouldn’t keep Petzing for long.

Reaction score
Brian Johnson of AC/DC fame. Now we are talking, we’ll be Back in Black uniforms. It’s a long way to the top but he’s the man to take us. I wouldn’t have thought he’d consider us but I guess, Money Talks. Expect our offence to be explosive because his play calls will be TNT. Kyler will be back on the deep balls to shoot to thrill and shake us all night long.

Ahh it all seems too good to be true but as we know as Cards fans it will more likely be a highway to hell, and if you want blood you’ve got it.
Enjoyed this.

Have a drink on me.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Against one of the softest schedules in the league. Whenever he faced a real offense that team melted like butter.

They were 6th in DVOA. You're a big believer in DVOA which accounts for SOS.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sony Michel RD 1 is who you're thinking of.

They drafted Damien Harris round 3.

Yeah I'm going to go out on a limb and say that drafting Michel round 1 only increased their belief in sticking to later round RB's.

Maybe they will take a high RB. Who knows? Simply saying that the Pats have got joice out of later round guys so wouldn't suprise me to see us pick one later.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I seem to be in the minority here. Going off of his resume, I don't get it. I feel like I have just been regurgitating the same point in different ways. We will see.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I seem to be in the minority here. Going off of his resume, I don't get it. I feel like I have just been regurgitating the same point in different ways. We will see.
He's a rising star. Hopefully he doesn't come crashing down. :cheers:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
They were 6th in DVOA. You're a big believer in DVOA which accounts for SOS.

It does, and that's why the Eagles were a legitimately good team and not total frauds like the Minnesota Vikings.

Gannon helped bring that team from 25th in defensive DVOA the year before to 6th this year. They held four teams to single-digit scoring, including two teams in the playoffs.

This was also a year when the top teams weren't as good as the teams in the past, so you're probably buying very high on the guy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose