Cards Hawks 2012 Game 1 Thread

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Ok... when will 3:25 arrive??? Time is moving too slowly today.

Go Cards...!!!

:newcards:

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok... when will 3:25 arrive??? Time is moving too slowly today.

Go Cards...!!!

:newcards:

That's the true beauty of Fantasy Football... my game day is only 30 minutes away. In fact, it started the moment I woke up to solidify my starting lineups.

Go Cards!!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
GO CARDS GIMME RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Win one for Jumbotron Eddie.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
My goal is to do my best to enjoy the game---perhaps like some of you I tend to get overly disappointed or stressed.

I like that the Cardinals are tapping into their youth---

QB Skelton
RB Williams
FB Sherman
WR Roberts
WR Floyd
RT Massie
NT Williams
DE Carter
LB Washington
LB Acho
LB Schofield
CB Peterson
CB Fleming
ST Bethel

With youth, as we all know---there needs to be some patience---so I am going to try not to put unrealistic expectations on them.

What I wonder is---how the Cardinals went from having quite a positive buzz about them last January---to now seemingly being counted out right from the beginning and ranked near the bottom of most pundit's power rankings.

I put this more on the coaches than anything else---I mean we are an even more talented team on paper today than we were last January. But, Whisenhunt's handling and dragging out of the QB situation bogged the team down the entire pre-season and seem to stifle any momentum the team had going into the pre-season.

Maybe, there was a clever method to Whisenhunt's approach---so we will see. I feel very skeptical about that---but with all the good vibes the Seahawks have created for themselves and within the media this off-season (they too had a QB competition, but Wilson won it with conviction and the praise and confidence of the coaching staff, whereas the perception is that the Cardinals "settled" on Skelton, that he didn't really win the job, and that the coaches aren't all that confident in him, just less confident in Kolb at this point), therefore, it will be interesting to see which team's vibes are the highest following today's game.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My goal is to do my best to enjoy the game---perhaps like some of you I tend to get overly disappointed or stressed.

Beer Mitch!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What I wonder is---how the Cardinals went from having quite a positive buzz about them last January---to now seemingly being counted out right from the beginning and ranked near the bottom of most pundit's power rankings.

Neither QB showing much of anything in pre season and losing the starting Left Tackle had a lot to do with it I would imagine.

The lackluster pre season performance overall didn't help either.

With this schedule the Cards have a good opportunity to start 3-1. Do that and have a solid showing vs the Patriots and the Cards will jump right into the limelight. Play poorly vs the Patriots though and the Cards at 3-1 will be sluffed off as a result of an easy schedule and 3 of 4 at home or some other excuses.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drew brees starts out 0 for 3

That dude sucks! :D

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Which games are you guys planning to watch until Cards game? My first preference are the division games, then teams on our schedule... I will be checking out Rams-Lions game.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which games are you guys planning to watch until Cards game? My first preference are the division games, then teams on our schedule... I will be checking out Rams-Lions game.

Watching Saints Skins to spy RG 3 who is 1-1 :D

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 of 4 and a scramble of 12 yards

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I was over on SeakhawkBlue.com last night/this morning, which that dude mentioned before getting quickly banned yesterday... they are mighty, mighty confident over there -- hopefully over-confident!!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RG3 6-6 on opening drive for a FG

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Do the fans in the upper deck of the Superdome have to buy their own night vision goggles or does the team hand them out at the gate? That is a dark arena.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Texans v Dolphins. Got to go with the local AFC team.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I was over on SeakhawkBlue.com last night/this morning, which that dude mentioned before getting quickly banned yesterday... they are mighty, mighty confident over there -- hopefully over-confident!!

Yea. The radio guys in Seattle where discussing this as a trap game for the Hawks. In week 1.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RG3 7 of 7 and just threw an 88 yard TD

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow.. he's 7/7, 123 yards, 1 TD... looking like he's worth every draft pick so far!! (yeah, it's early - I know)

Yea I think we can go ahead and say hes for real. :D

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Get there early folks. New security procedures are sure to slow things down at the gate until people figure it out.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
So much for that floundering Jets offense.. 2 passing TDs and a punt return for TD... 21-0 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I had Bills in a pick em... I have Philly in my survivor league, they aren't off to a blazing start either!!

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Any replacement refs screw ups yet? The Saints game is clean so far.

Of course they probably put the best crews on the national TV broadcasts. That means it may be a long day for us.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard