Cards get Adrian Peterson in trade with New Orleans

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean the same Jerra that takes a knee one week and threatens his players the next week?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

He didnt take a knee during the Anthem... Nice try tho..

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Everyone who is going off on this needs to get their panties out of a bunch. It's for a freaking late round conditional pick. I like Chris Johnson but for this line, or lack of a line, we need a bigger back who can make some yards on his own. By no means is Peterson the stud he used to be, but we need to at least average three yards and not seven and anyone who thinks the players on this team would view this as a stupid move are the stupid ones... he is freaking Adrian Peterson no matter his current state, and that might be the emotional boost this freaking OL needs to give more effort blocking for a legend, to coach them up when Goodwin may not

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I remember when everybody said Kurt Warner was washed up coming from the Giants

Different positions, old QBs can succeed.

Remember when everyone said Emmitt Smith was washed up... and he was?

Peterson is not only terrible but an awful fit with this team.

Fearless prediction. Peterson will rack up less than 200 yards in his Arizona Cardinal career and will average less than 3 yards per carry.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t quote everyone, but here’s a few responses.

AP will run angry
Yeah and he’ll be even angrier once he sees the line block
AZ only gave up a condional pick
I’m okay with that if the condition is, he doesn’t get 500 yards, no draft pick
N.O. was a bad fit
So was Minn and so will AZ be
At least the front office isn’t sitting on their hands
That’s hard to do when your head is up your as......
It’s a no lose situation
AP has been a distraction and divisive, AZ has problems & doesn’t need to add another

Let’s get real. AP is terrible at picking up pass rushers. AP is a poor receiver. AP runs best when he can build momentum. That requires lots of carries. He won’t get that here. This is a terrible fit and he can actually make things worse. I don’t know if he has anything left but this is the wrong place to find out.

Good God... if that wasn't a mic drop on the thread, I don't know what is.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You mean the same Jerra that takes a knee one week and threatens his players the next week?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Yup. He isn't ever afraid to be unpopular.

Media says you gotta run drug offenders and DV guys out of the league...Jerry says come on in and helps us win.

Media says you gotta let players protest in a non-violent way...Jerry says it better not be by kneeling during the anthem.

We immediately release Jonathan Dwyer because of DV allegations because of the seriousness of the matter, and then trade away draft assets for a guy who beats his own child bloody because our GM and Head Coach have failed miserably over the past season and a half and are now grasping at straws.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We should sign Anthony Munoz to try and shore up the offensive line while we are at it...at least it would be doing something.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should sign Anthony Munoz to try and shore up the offensive line while we are at it...

I don't know about that lol. But I saw Bobby massie playing last night on Monday night football and sure wished we had him back right now.. how bad is that?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Stupid is as stupid does! There was a reason he was third on the depth chart in NO. If I had any doubt at all about Keim he has completely erased that doubt. He's as clueless as they come.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
For people against this move, what would you suggest the Cards should have done? Stay status quo and keep running CJ, Penny, and Ellington out there with no chance for success?

Why not try this out and see what happens? Most things I've read so far like the move for the Cards. It MAY not work out but we know what was back there DID/HAS not worked out.

Wasn't there just about the longest thread in the board history excited about AP last(2016) off season?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Were gonna have like 3 6th round picks so what we gave up 1.

All you hear on this board is bitching that SK can't draft anyways now there's bitching we gave up a very late draft pick in a round we are gonna have multiple picks in anyways.

Can't win here. It's complain complain complain.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
For people against this move, what would you suggest the Cards should have done? Stay status quo and keep running CJ, Penny, and Ellington out there with no chance for success?

Why not try this out and see what happens? Most things I've read so far like the move for the Cards. It MAY not work out but we know what was back there DID/HAS not worked out.

Wasn't there just about the longest thread in the board history excited about AP last(2016) off season?

If I'm not mistaken they plucked Foster off of a practice squad. If you never had any plans to use him why bother in the first place. He's never even been active.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We're not going anywhere. What's this going to do? Win us what, 1 more game than we might have won anyway? A healthy DJ would be having the same issues behind this garbage line. What would I have done? Find out what Cleveland wanted for Joe Thomas. You know, a position we're actually hurting at. Hell, Jim Brown in his prime would struggle behind this line.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't know about that lol. But I saw Bobby massie playing last night on Monday night football and sure wished we had him back right now.. how bad is that?

Since Bobby Massie signed with the Bears

Massie - 20 of 21 starts
Humphries - 14 of 21 starts

Difference in salary is 3.8 mil per year

Players drafted within 20 picks of the 24th pick AZ used on Humphries

Shaq Thompson
Byron Jones
Landon Collins
Mario Edwards
Preston Smith

Eric Kendricks if you go to pick 45.

We moved Veldheer from LT to RT to give Humphries a shot to not be another first round bust by Keim. If we had kept Massie, we might have had the same LT, LG, and RT combo for 3 straight years.

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
Bottom line is it has to be better than what we had - right about at the bottom of NFL in rushing. Adrian should be well rested and ready to go. We needed to do something and at least Keim was disposed to do something rather than nothing; and, for a low round "conditional" pick.
Sorry to see CJ go, but he was to odd man out. Hopefully, we'll be surprised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA