Cards get Adrian Peterson in trade with New Orleans

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mitch, your post makes perfect sense. The move probably won't help, but at least it shows that the front office hasn't thrown in the towel. It also lets the OL know that the spot light is clearly on them. As a fan it tells me that BASK is pretty sure that Humphries and Boone will be back by a week from Sunday, at the latest. And AP should know the playbook by then. JMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh... at least I'll have something a little to goose my interest this week, even if it's only morbid curiosity.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take offense to that statement. I like AD over Williams, Ellington and Penny between the tackles. This may be a better situation than last week. Where is the delusion?

That this move does anything to move the needle this season. All it does is add a guy who's way past his prime and a possible cancer to the team... while likely losing a draft pick.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
That this move does anything to move the needle this season. All it does is add a guy who's way past his prime and a possible cancer to the team... while likely losing a draft pick.

Cheese - you are of course most likely correct... but, what would you have preferred at this stage?? It's been reported that the Cards were actually trying to acquire AP weeks ago. So they clearly knew the team was unprepared and ill-equipped at RB. I mean, seriously... why not this?? What is the downside?? And yes - I know there is likely little to no upside as well, but again, what is the damn harm in rolling the dice??

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
DJ couldn't even move the ball behind this line. Granted it was only 11 snaps, but no other RB has shown they can move it either. I have a feeling this will turn out to be something sad like the Emmitt Smith signing. The saving grace is we aren't paying top dollar, but the downside is ES brought a lot class, work ethic, etc... intangibles that helped the team in other ways.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh absolutely. At least management is showing the players they are trying to do something. I don't think this moves the needle at all though and I'm hoping it is a conditional pick. NO needed him out of there, they have two talented RBs and it was causing issues in their locker room.

If the front office is trying to do something to show the players then do something that will "move the needle"?

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
All assumptions...we'll see what happens. How did you conclude that there is delusional thinking? I consider myself a realist, for the most part.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All assumptions...we'll see what happens. How did you conclude that there is delusional thinking? I consider myself a realist, for the most part.

That was pretty harsh and I apologize. I just think the chances of this working out are slim to none.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
So close to 10k yards.

I always liked him and wish him the best.

Wouldn't be totally surprised if a RB needy team signed him.

Let's see, our ex TE failure scores 2 TDs in a game for Detroit, our ex Kicker failure is nailing everything in sight for his new team... wouldn't surprise me to see a team pick him up and we can watch him easily gain those yards he was chasing ... would be no surprise at all..

David Johnson is actually lucky he hurt his wrist ...

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Chris Johnson was the desperation move. Guy couldn't make the roster out of camp. He shouldn't be the one compared to AP. In fact, no RB currently on the roster is as good as AP, even at 32.

One thing people discount too is that a better RB makes an OL better too. Peterson hasn't lost his vision.

It may not work out but those talking like they know it wont are talking out their butt because it may work out too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just curious, but what can we do at this point in the season that will move the needle? Who should we have brought in?

No one will move the needle on this team. That's the point. The time for additions was during the offseason when we ignored the D-line, CB, WR position and O-Line while sitting on cap space.

This team is what it is.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
I think this is might turn out to be a surprisingly good move on the Cardinals' part for the following reasons:

1. It comes at a time when the team really needs a boost.
Sure, don't fire Amos and give EVERYBODY, fans included, a boost.

2. It gives the offensive line much more incentive to open up holes in the running game.
So you are saying they just had no reason to do their jobs and open holes before this move ?

3. All of the players on the team will want to impress AP.
I guess they had no desire to impress CJ2K... yeah, that'll do it, need to impress the new guy.

4. Most importantly, this could rejuvenate the play action aspect of the offense which has become CP's bread and butter.
I guess he got NO so rejuvenated they only needed him as 3rd string, and then, what the heck, we are fully rejuvenated, let's just trade him away.

Get a FB to go with him. That would be huge.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow ...this forum has battered wife syndrome
No most of us are realists..
No one will move the needle on this team. That's the point. The time for additions was during the offseason when we ignored the D-line, CB, WR position and O-Line while sitting on cap space.

This team is what it is.

You forgot CB

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Chris Johnson was the desperation move. Guy couldn't make the roster out of camp. He shouldn't be the one compared to AP. In fact, no RB currently on the roster is as good as AP, even at 32.

One thing people discount too is that a better RB makes an OL better too. Peterson hasn't lost his vision.

It may not work out but those talking like they know it wont are talking out their butt because it may work out too.
I'll agree with that Jim.

Do I think AD has sum skills left in the tank? Yes, but how much we will see.

Can he run productively behind the worst Oline currently in the NFL? The odds are drastically stacked against him.

Getting Hump & Boone back will help in the run game, but when that is a question mark as well. Boone could be gone again with his biceps injury in a second as well. Get Boehm out at RG & move Wetzel there & who knows. I'm not all that optimistic the blocking will dramaticlly change enough to be a factor.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard