Cards get Adrian Peterson in trade with New Orleans

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peterson is the 4th oldest RB currently on an NFL roster. Of the 3 guys ahead of him, 2 were placed on IR this year (Sproles, Woodhead). Frank Gore is the other guy.

Despite already being the oldest team in the league and even after cutting CJ2K, the Cardinals still managed to get older by trading for Peterson.

Keim is just trying to get the team closer in age to the coaching staff so they can relate.

Team Dinners will now be at Country Kitchen

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Several things here. #1, we're acquiring him 10 years too late when we should have drafted him instead of the human turnstile. #2, AD is a shell of his former self like CJ is so this is a complete waste of a trade. We're going nowhere this season so why give up a draft pick? If it's a later round pick then OK but if it's anything higher than a 5th then this is one of the stupidest trades we could ever make.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Several things here. #1, we're acquiring him 10 years too late when we should have drafted him instead of the human turnstile. #2, AD is a shell of his former self like CJ is so this is a complete waste of a trade. We're going nowhere this season so why give up a draft pick? If it's a later round pick then OK but if it's anything higher than a 5th then this is one of the stupidest trades we could ever make.

It’s a conditional pick that’s likely a 7th rounder who doesn’t make the team.

TJ

Reaction score
No, I'm not. My point is you can't base what one team does a particular game versus what another does. Seattle was at home, Cards on the road. Every game is different.

Using your theory, Iowa State would beat Ohio State because they beat Oklahoma while Oklahoma beat OSU.

What about Seattle putting up 16 on a crappy ram defense and 12 on a crappy SF defense, a defense the lowly Colts just hung 26 on.

Iowa State would most assuredly take OSU to the woodshed [emoji6].

I agree, the Law of Transitive Property has no place in sports.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s a conditional pick that’s likely a 7th rounder who doesn’t make the team.
OK but RB isn't the problem. I would rather have traded whatever it took to get Joe Thomas not some washed up RB who won't help us even a little bit.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No, I'm not. My point is you can't base what one team does a particular game versus what another does. Seattle was at home, Cards on the road. Every game is different.

Using your theory, Iowa State would beat Ohio State because they beat Oklahoma while Oklahoma beat OSU.

What about Seattle putting up 16 on a crappy ram defense and 12 on a crappy SF defense, a defense the lowly Colts just hung 26 on.

If Iowa State dominated OU, then maybe you'd have a case. But Iowa State won a high-variance, one-score game.

This is why margin of victory is important — even in the NFL. One small thing happens in that game against the Colts, and the Cards lose. A half-dozen small things happen differently against the Seahawks, and the Colts still lose.

Good teams consistently dominate lesser competition. Average or bad teams don't. That's why we're average or bad and Seattle is good.

And you know this is true, or you never would have brought up that the Seahawks also beat the 49ers and Colts. If those data points are meaningless to you, why bring them up?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peterson is the 4th oldest RB currently on an NFL roster. Of the 3 guys ahead of him, 2 were placed on IR this year (Sproles, Woodhead). Frank Gore is the other guy.

Despite already being the oldest team in the league and even after cutting CJ2K, the Cardinals still managed to get older by trading for Peterson.

Hey, "Old Guys Rule," just ask @MrYeahbut

;)

TJ

Reaction score
OK but RB isn't the problem. I would rather have traded whatever it took to get Joe Thomas not some washed up RB who won't help us even a little bit.

His contract wouldn’t fit on our salary cap. I also doubt CLE is willing to trade him, and if they were, the asking price would start at a first round. If this team is as bad as many indicate, that first is a Top-10 pick.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
You really have to chuckle at the hypocrisy of folks who complained about Rod Graves doing nothing now complaining about SK doing something.

There are still eleven games to go this year, and our division sucks. Sure this is a desperate move by SK, but that is where we currently find ourselves. No one thinks that AP is going to vault us to a championship. What we've put on the field the last 4 games isn't getting it done. Time to move on and try something else.... and initially, sounds like a very low draft choice, so no risk in compromising our potential to move up if needed in the next draft.

I skipped last week's game because I knew how it was going to turn out. I'd have watched this week regardless, but I'm looking forward to seeing what AD can do.

OLine is dreadful now, but I do expect to see some improvement from them as the season progresses. A lot of these guys were never supposed to see the field this year, but again, that's where we are. We can only hope they can stay healthy together long enough to figure out how to work together and somehow keep CP on his feet.

As for our running game, I've seen enough of CJ. Bring on the Peterson era! At least until David is ready to return, hopefully in time for a late run to challenge for the division title... even if it's at 8-8.

Go Cards!!!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A 2 down running back who can't catch and for his last 16 or so games is averaging about 2.5 yards per carry.

Should help.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
You really have to chuckle at the hypocrisy of folks who complained about Rod Graves doing nothing now complaining about SK doing something.

Not really sure if people are complaining about Keim doing "something" it is more about what is being done.

I really do not think you can blame a football fan for wanting your GM to make moves, and make moves that improve the team as well.

I mean, Keim could sign a whole lot of players over the next week, but if they are all signings from the last place team in the local arena league, I am not sure if that is going to be well received.

Keim is much better than Graves. That is for sure.

Much like Jared Veldheer is much better than Levi Brown........but you can always improve.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I can’t quote everyone, but here’s a few responses.

AP will run angry
Yeah and he’ll be even angrier once he sees the line block
AZ only gave up a condional pick
I’m okay with that if the condition is, he doesn’t get 500 yards, no draft pick
N.O. was a bad fit
So was Minn and so will AZ be
At least the front office isn’t sitting on their hands
That’s hard to do when your head is up your as......
It’s a no lose situation
AP has been a distraction and divisive, AZ has problems & doesn’t need to add another

Let’s get real. AP is terrible at picking up pass rushers. AP is a poor receiver. AP runs best when he can build momentum. That requires lots of carries. He won’t get that here. This is a terrible fit and he can actually make things worse. I don’t know if he has anything left but this is the wrong place to find out.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Where are all the kneel bashers? Are they gonna quit the team because it just traded for a child abuser or are they only turned off by black guys exercising their right to freedom of speech?

fudge Adrian Peterson and anyone else who beats children bloody. Always love to root for an organization that will give up draft assets and compromise it's integrity to sign a washed up RB. They stood on their high horse in regards to Jon Dwyer and Michael Floyd, but when jobs are being questioned, they all are willing to compromise. At least Jerry Jones is honest about looking in the other direction. Our organization higher ups are just hypocrites.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
**** Adrian Peterson and anyone else who beats children bloody. Always love to root for an organization that will give up draft assets and compromise it's integrity to sign a washed up RB. They stood on their high horse in regards to Jon Dwyer and Michael Floyd, but when jobs are being questioned, they all are willing to compromise. At least Jerry Jones is honest about looking in the other direction. Our organization are just hypocrites.
You mean the same Jerra that takes a knee one week and threatens his players the next week?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If Iowa State dominated OU, then maybe you'd have a case. But Iowa State won a high-variance, one-score game.

This is why margin of victory is important — even in the NFL. One small thing happens in that game against the Colts, and the Cards lose. A half-dozen small things happen differently against the Seahawks, and the Colts still lose.

Good teams consistently dominate lesser competition. Average or bad teams don't. That's why we're average or bad and Seattle is good.

And you know this is true, or you never would have brought up that the Seahawks also beat the 49ers and Colts. If those data points are meaningless to you, why bring them up?
It's certainly not meaningless who you beat. Never said it was. It's meaningless how badly you beat them in an individual game. You think Jax is 21 points better than Pittsburgh?

Also, fwiw, Seattle beat the Niners by 3 at home, same as the Cardinals.

All I've been saying is I want the Cards to be within a game of .500, either way, come the bye week and see what happens the second half of the season when they start getting all their weapons back. Who knows, they may still not be good, but nobody can rightfully judge them on what they are putting out there right now.

I think Seattle will get better and the Cards will get better while the Rams will regress and the division will come down to Seattle and the Cards again.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Conditional 6th round pick to take a flyer on AP. Who was the last 6th round pick that made any impact on our team at all? This is a 0 risk, and low potential reward move. Doesn't move the needle at all. No reason to be red in the face angry about it or ecstatic about it.