Cards get Adrian Peterson in trade with New Orleans

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If our running game doesn't improve by much, the very least it sells tickets, jerseys and gives team more appeal.

There was a very high possibility our next home game wouldn't have sold out.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
I think this'll help us a lot. Our running game needs to be revived, and I think AP's the guy to do it until Johnson comes off the IR. 9-7, here we come! :)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Says you... Really what's the point Do you think this team has a chance to do anything this year honestly?
Maybe not, but it’d be foolish for any team to give up five games in when it’s only a game out of the division.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Says you... Really what's the point Do you think this team has a chance to do anything this year honestly?

No... I think the odds and my gut tell me this season is officially toast. But I can also see if you're Keim, BA and Mike B., and you're trying to turn it around and not give up after week 5, that you can devise a plan that, IF, IF, IF things go according to plan, could make this season interesting. Again, what IF, IF, IF DJ Humphries comes back and excels? Boone? Thereby creating some space for a very fired up and motivated future Hall of Fame back, while also creating the need for opposing defenses to place more than 4 men in the box? What if TJ Logan comes back and is able to produce? And what IF, IF, IF David Johnson returns by early December and is somehow able to perform at a respectable level?
Lot's of IF's of course and as I said, I personally believe this season is over... BUT, there is NO WAY a head coach, GM and owner would ever toss in the towel after week 5 and personally, I would never want the team I root for to be led by guys who would do such a thing. Not when it's all but a certainty that Larry and Carson are done after this season. Again, a NO-Risk move that really, is all that is left for these guys to do... other than give up after week 5.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At least it gives some kind of hope.
The team has shown no fire at all. AP wants more carries....well now the two meet.
The Cards got NOTHING to lose here. Cards haven't had a 7th round pick even make the team in 10 years...so they aren't giving anything up...and AP HAS a skill set the Cardinals need....yea we need an o line too.
I'd be shocked if he or even Walter Peyton could run behind these fools, but I remember E. Smith improving our run game a ton behind an O line as bad as we have here now.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Here's another thought:

I guess we can put to rest, all of the talk that the Cards will never accept a player with a checkered personal past.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you really think defenses are scared of AP anymore give me some of what you're smoking please

Give me your badge# so I can turn you in to narco squad!!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Don't know why anybody would have a problem with this move. The division is there for the taking and, even as bad as the Cards have looked, they have as good a chance as anyone in the west to come out on top.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know why anybody would have a problem with this move. The division is there for the taking and, even as bad as the Cards have looked, they have as good a chance as anyone in the west to come out on top.

Boy I do love you but you are delusional thinking we can compete with Seattle or the rams... Both of those teams are clearly better than us...

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cardinal website still says it's not confirmed.

Seems like more of a PR move. Does AP really have more to offer than CJ2K? (Hoping that BA knows something we don't know - otherwise: If we don't fix our blocking, even Jim Brown would have trouble finding a hole to run thru).

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Slow and slower. Great!

Man... people here are just as delusional as our front office.

It is a rather gloomy foreshadowing too... when you consider their ages and how washed up they are, and what that means for our own David Johnson. Man I hope he is able to that one mega-deal before he is washed up!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Cardinal website still says it's not confirmed.

Seems like more of a PR move. Does AP really have more to offer than CJ2K? (Hoping that BA knows something we don't know - otherwise: If we don't fix our blocking, even Jim Brown would have trouble finding a hole to run thru).

You have more to offer than CJ2K! ;)

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Boy I do love you but you are delusional thinking we can compete with Seattle or the rams... Both of those teams are clearly better than us...
Based on what? Seattle's offense has been awful(coincidentally 2 of their wins are against the Colts and Niners) and the Rams still have Goff under center and a very shaky defense. Neither team scares me. It's a bad division and the Cards have as good a shot as those two.