Cards get Adrian Peterson in trade with New Orleans

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's another thought:

I guess we can put to rest, all of the talk that the Cards will never accept a player with a checkered personal past.

Where are all the kneel bashers? Are they gonna quit the team because it just traded for a child abuser or are they only turned off by black guys exercising their right to freedom of speech?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They must find a way to improve the line
As soon as our rb get the ball is like an assault from defenders
Just cents of seconds, pretty impossible to find a hole
I would replace Shipley and try boehm at center
Guards wetzel and boone
Tackles Humphries and valdeher, but hopefully a different valdeher

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, this is no worse than the Raiders bringing Marshawn Lynch out of retirement.

The raiders gave nothing up to get him... AND they were contenders. We're ATROCIOUS and giving up a piece of the future for a guy who's glory days are wayyyyyyy in the past.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on what? Seattle's offense has been awful(coincidentally 2 of their wins are against the Colts and Niners) and the Rams still have Goff under center and a very shaky defense. Neither team scares me. It's a bad division and the Cards have as good a shot as those two.

Lol. We're still contenders!

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, IIRC, Peterson prefers to run with a fullback to show him the way through the hole. We don't use a fullback — don't have one on the roster.

Don't you get it? Peterson is going to BE the fullback, blasting open holes for CJ2K! Brilliant! :biglaugh:

...dbs

EDIT:
Dang, so much for that idea! :-D

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Based on what? Seattle's offense has been awful(coincidentally 2 of their wins are against the Colts and Niners) and the Rams still have Goff under center and a very shaky defense. Neither team scares me. It's a bad division and the Cards have as good a shot as those two.

LOL. This is such a bad take. The Seahawks beat the Colts by 28 points. What a mess on offense.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
LOL. This is such a bad take. The Seahawks beat the Colts by 28 points. What a mess on offense.
What does that have to with anything? Houston put up 50+ on Tennessee, a team that beat Seattle.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I expect changes in the offensive line
They must figure out sonething
Can't play the same crappy line
Its a shame this unit playing

A rb cant do anything outside of ending in IR

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

It's not a bad take. They've had three game in which their offense has looked stale; and without their vaunted defense and special teams, would've likely lost those games.

Seattle does look better than AZ for sure, but they're far from a team poised to run away with the division, let alone threaten the rest of the conference.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Because their offense dominated a Colts team we eked out an overtime win against. You're being obtuse.
No, I'm not. My point is you can't base what one team does a particular game versus what another does. Seattle was at home, Cards on the road. Every game is different.

Using your theory, Iowa State would beat Ohio State because they beat Oklahoma while Oklahoma beat OSU.

What about Seattle putting up 16 on a crappy ram defense and 12 on a crappy SF defense, a defense the lowly Colts just hung 26 on.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
AP certainly can't be worse than CJ. Low risk move with also low upside. Need to trade for an offensive lineman who can block...a 30+ year old RB isn't going to solve anything. Keim is scrounging for answers and looking in all the wrong places.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Peterson is the 4th oldest RB currently on an NFL roster. Of the 3 guys ahead of him, 2 were placed on IR this year (Sproles, Woodhead). Frank Gore is the other guy.

Despite already being the oldest team in the league and even after cutting CJ2K, the Cardinals still managed to get older by trading for Peterson.