Cards get Adrian Peterson in trade with New Orleans

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
For people against this move, what would you suggest the Cards should have done? Stay status quo and keep running CJ, Penny, and Ellington out there with no chance for success?

Why not try this out and see what happens? Most things I've read so far like the move for the Cards. It MAY not work out but we know what was back there DID/HAS not worked out.

Wasn't there just about the longest thread in the board history excited about AP last(2016) off season?

Yes. The right move was to do nothing or sign a player who your pro scouting dept liked off of another practice squad. Not trade a draft pick for a guy who can't catch and can't pass block in an offense that throws the ball 71% of the time.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yup. He isn't ever afraid to be unpopular.

Media says you gotta run drug offenders and DV guys out of the league...Jerry says come on in and helps us win.

Media says you gotta let players protest in a non-violent way...Jerry says it better not be by kneeling during the anthem.

We immediately release Jonathan Dwyer because of DV allegations because of the seriousness of the matter, and then trade away draft assets for a guy who beats his own child bloody because our GM and Head Coach have failed miserably over the past season and a half and are now grasping at straws.

I don't think we released him. I think we placed him on the Commissioner's Exempt list, and he maybe got paid for the whole year.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
2.4 ypc over his last 62 carries. And he’s gonna do better behind THIS line??!!

He’ll be released after 1 or 2 games. Max.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
OK we lose our star RB and 2 OL starters to injury, still somehow manage to go 2-3, SK makes a no risk trade to shore up our running game and all you guys can do is complain!
Well I’m not ready to give up just yet!
I think BASK deserve a chance to show prove their worth!
If we don’t rebound and-improve last years record...then I’ll join all you head hunters. Until then I’m gonna have a little faith Go Cards!!!!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This reminds of the saying that if you can't spot the sucker in the room, it is you. Come on guys, you are all too smart to be fooled by this desperation move. Questions are beginning to be asked, and Keim is trying to distract folks by jingling his keys in his hand.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
OK we lose our star RB and 2 OL starters to injury, still somehow manage to go 2-3, SK makes a no risk trade to shore up our running game and all you guys can do is complain!
Well I’m not ready to give up just yet!
I think BASK deserve a chance to show prove their worth!
If we don’t rebound and-improve last years record...then I’ll join all you head hunters. Until then I’m gonna have a little faith Go Cards!!!!

This is a Cleveland Browns mentality. Doing anything in the short term is better than having long term plans and thinking.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a lot of hand wringing about the worst running team in the league trying anything possible to improve.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. The right move was to do nothing or sign a player who your pro scouting dept liked off of another practice squad. Not trade a draft pick for a guy who can't catch and can't pass block in an offense that throws the ball 71% of the time.

Truth

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I think this is might turn out to be a surprisingly good move on the Cardinals' part for the following reasons:

1. It comes at a time when the team really needs a boost.
2. It gives the offensive line much more incentive to open up holes in the running game.
3. All of the players on the team will want to impress AP.
4. Most importantly, this could rejuvenate the play action aspect of the offense which has become CP's bread and butter.

Get a FB to go with him. That would be huge.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This reminds of the saying that if you can't spot the sucker in the room, it is you. Come on guys, you are all too smart to be fooled by this desperation move. Questions are beginning to be asked, and Keim is trying to distract folks by jingling his keys in his hand.
Perfectly said... Is the ultimate distraction look in this hand so you won't see whats in the other... And it's working look how many people on this board are actually excited it's almost funny...

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
But is Bethel going to give up #28? That's the real question here

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think this is a surprisingly good move on the Cardinals' part for the following reasons:

2. It gives the offensive line much more incentive to open up holes in the running game.
4. Most importantly, this could rejuvenate the play action aspect of the offense which has become CP's bread and butter.

If anything it is going to give the guys hope, though it might be false hope. I feel for the players because I am a Cardinal fan and though this OL may never be any good, they might play way above their talent (which probably is still not great haha) knowing they have a living legend in the backfield. The players are pumped, Patrick Peterson is already sounding off on twitter in an ecstatic way... that counts for something

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is might turn out to be a surprisingly good move on the Cardinals' part for the following reasons:

How does acquiring AP give them more incentive to open holes???

They already had a RB with a similar resume on the roster and gave them no more motivation... These guys are playing for their careers and a future roster spot if that's not motivation enough what is?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Id go Amari cooper. I dont expect points out of peterson, just hoping he can make the D a little more honest and open up some options.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can see the cost/benefit advantage of this move (i.e. very little given up and a 5% shot at a big payoff should we get lucky).

My main concern has to do with our "bad luck" getting much out of guys with risky medical histories.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
It's very Trumplike...lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
AP has always played best when he’s had a chip on his shoulder. Everyone has written him off as washed up. Don’t be surprised if he does well. I’m a firm believer that a runner makes the Oline, not the reverse.

That seems to be a special kind of crazy... but, we are Cardinal fans after all.