Cardinals Trade Anthony Sherman to Chiefs for cornerback Javier Arenas

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Heard it from a reliable source. Has not been announced yet. Thought it would happen during the draft, but the trade comes now. Not sure what the Cardinals are getting in return, but i do know that Sherman is on his way to the Chiefs. STs Captain in just his 2nd year---wish him all the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I remember the last time we heard of a trade coming from a reliable source.. ;)

Doesn't shock me if it's true, BA has made it clear he doesn't like FBs.

Last edited:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I remember the last time we heard of a trade coming from a reliable sourse.. ;)

Doesn't shock me if it's true, BA has made it clear he doesn't like FBs.

Neither did Whiz even though when we ran with a FB lead blocking we ran the ball well.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Neither did Whiz even though when we ran with a FB lead blocking we ran the ball well.

Now you gotta ask, what type of RB does it take to run without the lead blocking of a FB? Is Mendenhall that guy?

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Best wishes Anthony! Thanks for the contributions. Chiefs are getting a solid special teamer and a good fullback.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Now you gotta ask, what type of RB does it take to run without the lead blocking of a FB? Is Mendenhall that guy?

Just look at last years rookie for BA Vic Ballard. He had a pretty decent year for a late round rookie. Of his 211 attempts, 179 of them were from single back sets, and another 9 were from shotgun single back sets.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Teams do it all the time. Watching the Colts they ran a lot of misdirection, unbalanced lines, pulling guards, and all sorts of wild schemes to free up the RB without the use of a lead blocker. The Cards kept trying to use Housler as a lead blocker, pulling him from the opposite side. Never worked.

If we need someone to lead in short yardage there's always Dockett.

One of the biggest problems I saw over the last couple of years, other than Housler not being able to block anybody, with the Cards run game was that they'd get blown up from the backside. If they ran left a defender from our right side would make the tackle.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
How about Sherman and a 3rd or 4th for Brandon Albert. With Snyder's release we should have enough cap space to meet his salary demands. Then you kick Levi over to RT and Massie inside until Watford is ready. Still struggling a bit with Sendlein at C.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Has Somers, Jurecki, and/or Urban corroborated this?

If not, this is just speculation and a misleading thread.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
Mitch is a New Englander, and Sherman went to UConn. He might know someone there. I saw a lot of what appeared to be the Sherman family when I went to the New England game this year. Based on the abundance of #35 jerseys...

Twist18

Registered
Reaction score
How about Sherman and a 3rd or 4th for Brandon Albert. With Snyder's release we should have enough cap space to meet his salary demands. Then you kick Levi over to RT and Massie inside until Watford is ready. Still struggling a bit with Sendlein at C.

That's what I am talking about!

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Misleading title until it is proven to be correct.

Second, why would the Chiefs have drafted a FB in the 6th round on Saturday only to trade for one today? If we did pull this off, the Chiefs got had and made a mistake with drafting one and trading for one. Waste of a trade or waste of a draft pick in would seem.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Misleading title until it is proven to be correct.

Second, why would the Chiefs have drafted a FB in the 6th round on Saturday only to trade for one today? If we did pull this off, the Chiefs got made a mistake with drafting one and trading for one. Waste of a trade or waste of a draft pick in would seem.

didnt know they drafted FB, makes this even more hearsay. someone please change the title or we should just making thread about how we traded for tom brady

jjjcardsfan85

Reaction score
so Mitch do you know when it will be announced? were u able to find out any details of the trade?

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
What I heard from a source very close to Anthony was that Anthony's agent asked the Cardinals if he could pursue a trade---seeing as BA does not employ a FB in his system---the Cardinals agreed and allowed the agent to garner trade interest, which the agent did, and that now there is a deal in place with the Chiefs. The reason why it hasn't been announced yet may be due to AS (and if another player is involved) passing their physicals. My source only knew about Sherman being a part of the trade---no other details.