Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Damn it wish Monti was hired before the kliff HC decision. have a feeling it was a promise kept by Michael before the big contracts- would have liked to for new GM to weigh in on keeping and correcting KK. I hope for Harbaugh, and his stubborn rigid adherence to fundamental football principles. Tried and true

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Damn it wish Monti was hired before the kliff HC decision. have a feeling it was a promise kept by Michael before the big contracts- would have liked to for new GM to weigh in on keeping and correcting KK. I hope for Harbaugh, and his stubborn rigid adherence to fundamental football principles. Tried and true
Harbaugh apparently told Michigan he’s staying.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I wish I could read. Cancelled the Athletic when they didn't have a Cardinals correspondent.
Here is a small portion, but a portion that I found most interesting:

Evero has worked for some of the greatest defensive minds in football since entering the NFL as a quality control assistant with the Buccaneers in 2007, shortly after his college career as a safety at UC Davis ended. In Tampa Bay, Evero worked for defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin. Across stops to follow with the 49ers, Packers and Rams, Evero learned from Vic Fangio, Capers, Wade Phillips and Raheem Morris.

Evero absorbed bits and pieces from each coach’s unique style during those first 15 years of his career, taking mental notes about what he would incorporate into his own leadership approach when he one day ran a defense or a team and what he might let go. That experience, and the process by which he maximized its benefit, created a style that is uniquely Evero’s, one that deeply resonated with the players he coached this season.

“He provides all the qualities you need in a coach,” said Surtain, who was also named a starter for the AFC Pro Bowl roster this season. “He’s a great leader, very outspoken, brings a lot of energy into the room and he’s just a great person in general. A great people person. You can go to him for anything. On the football field, he’s just going to go out there and bring all the energy. He’s going to do what is best for the team.”
[\spoiler]

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Didn’t Whisenhunt want Reich at one point? I’m not mad at it personally. But still like Bienemy more.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Didn’t Whisenhunt want Reich at one point? I’m not mad at it personally. But still like Bienemy more.
There is a reason Bienemy isn't getting picked up by.... anybody.

There have been like 15 openings since he has been a candidate and not a single team was serious about signing him.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
There is a reason Bienemy isn't getting picked up by.... anybody.

There have been like 15 openings since he has been a candidate and not a single team was serious about signing him.
I think he's the Byron Leftwich of the Chiefs. The HC calls the plays and the OC relays them. Now BL is exposed without BA and is going to get axed.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wouldn't hate Frank Reich. Good coach.
I thought so too, but the more I think about it the less of a good idea I think it is. He doesn't really do the deep ball nor QB runs. He is also a bit soft on his players, as well as having a complicated offense, especially with middle of the field/timing routes.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want somebody that has been a head coach. Somebody that knows what it takes to manage a team and especially game day.
I remember Kliff ( and others) about the difficulty of being a head coach as compared to an OC or DC.
Call me paranoid but I don’t want to see a frantic sidelines calling wasted time outs.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Based off of what?

I feel like Flores like his “leaders” vocal. Kyler on the field, for better or worse, is more of that than nice guy Tua.
Eh, there's a difference between vocal leaders and guys who are supposed to be leaders throwing temper tantrums on the field or on the sidelines. I think there's a reason you put leader in quotation marks.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
This is fun...expecting to see some solid candidates and hoping for the right choice!

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never know, Billy Davis might be decent DC but lousy linebacker coach.
Davis' results as a DC were remarkably consistent!

(year, team, rank, yards/points allowed):

2005 SF 32/30
2006 SF 26/32
2009 ARI 20/14
2010 ARI 32/29
2013 PHI 29/17
2014 PHI 28/22
2015 PHI 30/28

...dave

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads