Cardinals' Draft Prospect Visits/Interest

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Here's the list thus far with some of my notes and projections:

Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama Official 30 visist
---possible #13 pick, if available---great talent (medical)
Javancy Jones, LB, Jackson St Official 30 visist---6-1, 245 edge disruptor, moving to ILB---7th/UDFA
Davis Webb, QB, Cal Official 30 visist---possible #45 pick, if available---has BA QB traits
Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson Official 30 visist---possible #13 pick---the BA/Dabo connection could rule
DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame Official 30 visist---possible #13, #45 pick---has BA QB traits, lacks polish
Dylan Cole, OLB, Missouri State Official 30 visist---small college tackling machine---7th/UDFA
Johnathan Ford, S, Auburn Official 30 visist---speedy 5-11, 200 slot CB, S---converted from WR
Trey Hendrickson, DE, Florida Atlantic Official 30 visist---possible #77, #120 pick---BBuck coached and likes him
Elihah Lee, LB, Kansas State Official 30 visist---possible #120, #157 pick---6-3, 228, lean but mean and quick
Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina Official 30 visist---possible #13 pick---has the "it" factor with leadership, feet and accuracy.
Nico Siragusa, OG, San Diego St Combine---possible #120 pick---strong 6-4, 326 run/fan blocker
Mike Williams, WR, Clemson Combine---possible #13 pick---well suited to take MF's role
Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee Combine---possible #45 pick (should be well gone by then), has big upside as dual threat RB/receiver
Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M East/West Shrine Game---6-3, 308 blocked M. Garrett in practice, but looks like he's better suited to play G---possible #179, #197 pick
**** Tabor, CB, Florida Private Workout---possible #45, #77 pick---big-time playmaker, despite slow 40 times
Michael Roberts, TE, Toledo Private Workout---huge hands (11 5/8"), 6-4, 261, solid blocker and red zone target---possible #157, #179 pick
Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland Private Workout---Cinderella of the draft---small school stud with tremendous catch radius and hands---possible #45, #77 pick.
Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Texas Tech Private Workout---possible #13, #45 pick---big arm, needs grooming
Josh Jones, S, North Carolina St Private Workout---possible #45 pick---versatile in coverage, made to order
Samson Ebukan, OLB, Eastern Washington Private Workout---small school edge star---possible pick at #120, #157.
Paul Magloire, LB, Arizona Private Workout---might be able to play SS, tough kid---possible #197, #231 pick.
Corn Elder, CB, Miami Private Workout---just ran 4.33s---can press and smother---possible #77, #120 pick
Carlos Henderson, WR, Louisiana Tech Pro Day---shifty, quick RAC WR ann PR---possible #77 pick
Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh Pro Day---smaller than what BA prefers, but has leadership and accuracy---possible #77, #120 pick
Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan Pro Day---dynamic playmaker and PR---possible #13 pick
Keion Adams, DE, Western Michigan Pro Day---under-rated run stuffer/pass rusher, possible #179, #197 pick.
Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan Pro Day---probably the most Chandler Jones-like player in draft---possible #45 pick (if he slides)
Jimmie Gilbert, LB, Colorado Pro Day---6-4, 225---tied for PAC-10 lead with 9.5 sacks and had 6 FF---has height but needs to add muscle---possible #157, #179 pick
Tarell Basham, DE, Ohio Senior Bowl---fast riser up boards--6-4, 262 edge setter and rusher---10 sacks last year---possible #45 pick.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
And the smokescreen is complete and the Cards select Dobbs haha. This draft is going to be one of the most interesting where even players going where not charted will not be a surprise Mitch :)

Last edited:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I honestly think they will not draft a QB with the 13th pick even if Waston or Kizer is there. Its to big of a risk to take them in the first when you can easily pick one up with the 45th. I just don't see it happening.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trey Hendrickson is a guy i like 6.4 266
he is powerfull and had like 1.58 10 yard split ..just behind riddick but with 30 pounds heavier
5th best 60 yard shuttle since 2006
7.03 3 cone drill
4 65 40 yard dash
33 vertical

those numbers are not alone, he has been productive in college and the best player in the east west shrine game and very solid at senior bowl

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I honestly have nary a clue this year. QB, CB, ILB, S, WR, G should all be picked somewhere along the way. Who goes where?? Who falls into their laps that they can't pass on? How proactive trading up/down will they be? With everything that they need I've been hearing they'd move down with a 1st and 3rd offered. That might end up being their best option thy get unless they move down into the late 20's-30's.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I honestly think they will not draft a QB with the 13th pick even if Waston or Kizer is there. Its to big of a risk to take them in the first when you can easily pick one up with the 45th. I just don't see it happening.
It's not that one won't be there at 45, this is pretty much the future of the franchise your talking about. How much of a dropoff is there there then. Watson or Kizer almost certainly won't be around any more at that pick. They'd have to trade back up to get one of them.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
the lack of CB visits is disturbing

You must be registered for see images

If BASK go into this season thinking Bethel and Williams are adequate starting CBs, then CP and Fitz may as well have retired, because this season will be a flop.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
the lack of CB visits is disturbing

You must be registered for see images

If BASK go into this season thinking Bethel and Williams are adequate starting CBs, then CP and Fitz may as well have retired, because this season will be a flop.

No rookie is going to help this team in the present season as a full time starter opposite of Peterson... but if this team does not get a vet at least after June 1st cuts, then you speak the truth

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
That is a very good looking list of players.

I would be very happy to see Josh Jones as a safety for the Cardinals. I think he would be a nice fit for what they do.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
I think that if the Cardinals have their way, their draft would look like:

1. Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
2. Davis Webb, QB, California
3. Josh Jones, FS, North Carolina St.
4. Trey Hendrickson, OLB/DE, Florida Atlantic
5. Corn Elder, CB, Miami
5. Michael Roberts, TE, Toledo
6. Avery Gennesy, T/G, Texas A&M
7. Javancy Jones, LB, Jackson St.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Webb? I prefer chad Kelly with the extra 5th round pick
We can use that pick for a cb or wr:cool:

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
I'm expecting a QB round 1, possibly Watson. That said I don't watch much college ball so don't know a lot about the individual guys, but theres been a lot of helium recently on the official site about quarterbacks (looking back at recently drafted ones, articles about scouting them, then a puff piece on watson). Could just be Urban doing the obvious and writing articles during a slow period, but also can't help but wonder if the idea is to prompt the fanbase for whats coming.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think that if the Cardinals have their way, their draft would look like:

1. Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
2. Davis Webb, QB, California
3. Josh Jones, FS, North Carolina St.
4. Trey Hendrickson, OLB/DE, Florida Atlantic
5. Corn Elder, CB, Miami
5. Michael Roberts, TE, Toledo
6. Avery Gennesy, T/G, Texas A&M
7. Javancy Jones, LB, Jackson St.

Great draft

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No rookie is going to help this team in the present season as a full time starter opposite of Peterson... but if this team does not get a vet at least after June 1st cuts, then you speak the truth

Thats not true.

Marcus Peters has been a pro bowl CB each of his 2 first years. Desmond Trufant was very good his rookie year. Jason Verret has been very good his first 2 years. A 1st round CB can absolutely be an immediate starter. He will lose a battle occasionally, but he will win more than he loses.

You just have a jaded view of rookies because Keim has a habit of taking 1st year busts who dont play till year 2. But there are plenty of great rookies in the league who play immediately.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm expecting a QB round 1, possibly Watson. That said I don't watch much college ball so don't know a lot about the individual guys, but theres been a lot of helium recently on the official site about quarterbacks (looking back at recently drafted ones, articles about scouting them, then a puff piece on watson). Could just be Urban doing the obvious and writing articles during a slow period, but also can't help but wonder if the idea is to prompt the fanbase for whats coming.

Urban usually has a slight idea what the team is thinking. The team is legitimately considering QB.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score

I think that Watson is the only QB worthy of the #13 pick. If the Cardinals take him, I trust in the connection BA&SK have with Dabo Swinney and the Clemson Tigers program. If that is the case, I could see the Cardinals; draft going something like this:

1. Desean Watson, QB, Clemson
2. Adoree Jackson, CB/PR, USC---BA mentioned adding a slot CB.
3. Carlos Henderson, WR, Louisiana Tech
4. Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson
5. Samson Ebukan, Edge, Eastern Washington
5. Elijah Lee, LB, Kansas St.
6. Johnathan Ford, S, Auburn
7. Paul Magliore, SS, Arizona

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
1. Desean Watson, QB, Clemson
2. Adoree Jackson, CB/PR, USC---BA mentioned adding a slot CB.

A non-QB and a non-CB

Just 2 athletes. If Brandon Williams teaches you anything, athletes are worthless on a football field. You need to draft football players.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
A non-QB and a non-CB

Just 2 athletes. If Brandon Williams teaches you anything, athletes are worthless on a football field. You need to draft football players.

Watson went 32-3 at Clemson and helped the Tigers win a national championship by carving up the two best defenses in the CFB, Ohio St. and Alabama (both chock-full of NFL talents). People criticize his arm strength, but he has just as good an arm as Tom Brady. You win with leadership, command and chemistry -- and Watson would give us all of that and more.

Jackson won the Jim Thorpe Award given to the best DB in the country. He had a stellar year, plus he is one of the most electrifying return men on the planet. People criticize his lack of size, but that does not show up on tape, because he wins with leverage, quikc breaks on the ball and superior competitiveness.

The book isn't closed on Brandon Williams. Yes he was thrown into the fire too soon as a rookie. But the coaches remain very high on him -- and with good reason. He's physically gifted and he has a blue collar work ethic.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jackson excites and concerns me at the same time. I watched him get toasted over and over again against Penn State. I also have seen incredible highlights of him on returns. He has all the tools to be a great CB and I've heard he has made good strides with his footwork just from the Combine to his Pro Day. He is very raw but extremely gifted athletically.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Watson went 32-3 at Clemson and helped the Tigers win a national championship by carving up the two best defenses in the CFB, Ohio St. and Alabama (both chock-full of NFL talents). People criticize his arm strength, but he has just as good an arm as Tom Brady. You win with leadership, command and chemistry -- and Watson would give us all of that and more.

Wins are irrelevant. He was surrounded by an Championship team. It goes both ways. A guy with help vs a guy without help. Kizer, on Clemson, wouldve won a national championship too.

And when you consider the talent around him, he throws far too many bad interceptions. Watson fans are making him out to be ARod, Brady-esque. Dabo Swinney said he's Michael Jordan. I cant think of many justifiable reasons why a championship team College QB throws 17 INTs. College ball is far easier than the NFL. 17 College INTs is 30 NFL INTs

Jackson won the Jim Thorpe Award given to the best DB in the country. He had a stellar year, plus he is one of the most electrifying return men on the planet. People criticize his lack of size, but that does not show up on tape, because he wins with leverage, quikc breaks on the ball and superior competitiveness.

Then why isnt he the top CB? I see Lattimore, Jones, Conley, and Wilson consistently listed as top 15 guys. I then see Kevin King, Jourdan Lewis, Tre'davious White as fringe 1st rounders.

If Adoree were as good as you say, why is he firmly a 2nd round guy? If he were truly the best CB in the draft, his height wouldnt knock him down an entire round. Jason Verrett is 5'10 and was a 1st rounder. Vernon Hargreaves is 5'10 and went #11 overall last year.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
Wins are irrelevant. He was surrounded by an Championship team. It goes both ways. A guy with help vs a guy without help. Kizer, on Clemson, wouldve won a national championship too.

And when you consider the talent around him, he throws far too many bad interceptions. Watson fans are making him out to be ARod, Brady-esque. Dabo Swinney said he's Michael Jordan. I cant think of many justifiable reasons why a championship team College QB throws 17 INTs. College ball is far easier than the NFL. 17 College INTs is 30 NFL INTs

Then why isnt he the top CB? I see Lattimore, Jones, Conley, and Wilson consistently listed as top 15 guys. I then see Kevin King, Jourdan Lewis, Tre'davious White as fringe 1st rounders.

If Adoree were as good as you say, why is he firmly a 2nd round guy? If he were truly the best CB in the draft, his height wouldnt knock him down an entire round. Jason Verrett is 5'10 and was a 1st rounder. Vernon Hargreaves is 5'10 and went #11 overall last year.

CB
ADOREE' JACKSON
USC PAC-12
You must be registered for see images attach

• 5'10"HEIGHT
  • 31 3/8"ARM LENGTH
  • 186LBS.WEIGHT
  • 9 1/4"HANDS
OVERVIEW
One of the best athletes in college football, Jackson has made plays at USC on offense, defense, and special teams. He started at cornerback and receiver as a true freshman against Notre Dame. He was named a Freshman All-American, Pac-12 Defensive Rookie of the Year, as well as honorable mention all-conference (49 tackles, 10 pass deflections, 10 catches for 138 yards, three receiving TDs, two kick-return TDs). League coaches named Jackson a first-team All-Pac 12 defensive back in 2015 (one INT, eight PBUs). He was a second-team pick as a returner and finalist for the Paul Hornung Award as the nation's most versatile player contributing on offense (27-414, two TDs) and special teams (941 total return yards, two punt-return TDs). As a junior, Jackson won the Jim Thorpe Award and was named first-team all-conference and All-American after a strong season (five INTs, 11 PBUs.) He scored four times on returns, two on kickoffs and two on punts. In 2015 and 2016, he earned All-American honors in track. He ran a career-best 10.38 seconds in the 100 meters in the 2016 outdoor season.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Feel in coverage has improved substantially from his freshman season. Shows greater pattern recognition and is able to maintain coverage around the field. Has necessary hip flip and foot quickness to recover from mistakes in press and lapses in coverage in space. Plays in a variety of coverage techniques. Able to mirror and match from press. Features closing burst and takes playmaking angles to the throw. Excellent ball skills with well-timed leaps and aggressive tactics at the catch point. Good feel for when to defend a throw and when to take it away. Consistent tackler. When he gets there, he usually finishes his task. High-end return talent who can swing games in an instant. His eight career return touchdowns make him an immediate return man for any team that takes him.
WEAKNESSES
Smallish for an outside cornerback. Might be limited to just work in the slot. Can be a little over-aggressive with pace of bail coverage when fearing speed. Has a very slight hitch in transition forward from his pedal. Allowed routes to leverage him too far out of the middle of the field when he had no safety help. Could have issues with big slots posting him up in space. Lack of size and run-support strength could make him an early target for teams who like to run out of 11 personnel (three wide receivers).
SOURCES TELL US
"I didn't expect him to have the year he did in coverage. I saw ball skills and coverage ability that I didn't see last year. Those interceptions and return touchdowns will push him into the early second. That's my guess." -- South area scout for AFC team
NFL COMPARISON
Johnathan Joseph
BOTTOM LINE
There are two things teams love -- ball production from cornerbacks and return men who can play meaningful snaps on every down. Jackson fits those criteria. His lack of size and length are concerns, but he has the athleticism to step right in as a slot corner on the next level. His combination of coverage and return talent could make him an early impact player.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
DESHAUN WATSON
CLEMSON ACC
You must be registered for see images attach

?
  • 4.66 SEC
    Top Performer
  • 32.5 INCH
    Top Performer
  • 119.0 INCH
    Top Performer
  • 6.95 SEC
    Top Performer
  • 4.31 SEC
BLUE STAR = COMBINE TOP PERFORMER
  • You must be registered for see images attach
  • MORE DRAFTVIDEO

• 6'2"HEIGHT
  • 33"ARM LENGTH
  • 221LBS.WEIGHT
  • 9 3/4"HANDS
OVERVIEW
The two-time Heisman Trophy finalist took the Clemson program to another level, resulting in the school's first national championship in more than 30 years. Starting five games as a true freshman and winning four (14 touchdowns against just two interceptions), the 2013 Georgia Gatorade Player of the Year immediately showed he belonged, even though he had to have surgery on a torn ACL after the season. In his sophomore season, Watson led his team to the National Championship (4,104 passing yards, 35 passing touchdowns; 1,105 rushing yards, including 12 scores) and won the Davey O'Brien and Payton Manning Awards as the nation's top quarterback. Watson didn't take home as much hardware in 2016, but he still led Clemson to a national title while garnering second-team All-American honors (4,593 yards, 41 TDs, 17 INTs, 67.0 completion pct; 629 yards, nine TDs rushing).

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Tremendous leader and winner. Good pocket posture with quiet upper body. Good pocket mobility and doesn't show much panic when pocket gets noisy. Sacked just 32 times over his last 1,181 drop-backs. Willing to stand in and deliver the ball against rib-wreckers on a clear path for him. Has history of clutch play in big games and big moments. Averaged 472 yards of total offense with eight total touchdowns and one interception in his two championship appearances against Alabama. Throws with anticipation and touch. Fires hips through throws for improved drive velocity into tight windows. Arm strength currently limited by mechanical issues that are correctable. Big, strong hands to pump fake and manipulate. Keeps ball tucked near his chest when scanning. Has compact, over-the-top release that uncorks a tight, pretty spiral. Throws with adequate accuracy on the move. Has traits to operate out of boot-action attack. Tremendous athlete who has ability to pick up chunks of yardage on ground. Has called running plays could ignite a stagnant offense. Has instant juice out of pocket to make defense pay if rush lanes are vacated. Does a good job of sliding or eluding square collisions in space as a runner. Dual-threat weapon near end zone who will create additional preparation time for coaching staffs looking to limit his effectiveness in the red area. Every meaningful passing stat improved in close-and-late situations in 2016.
WEAKNESSES
Frame is a little more slender than teams typically like. Accuracy runs hot and cold. Tends to over-stride on drive throws, causing release point to drop and balls to sail. Ball placement on crossing routes and slants needs to improve. Will leave throws behind intended targets. Deep-ball accuracy has been scatter-shot over his last two seasons at Clemson, with throws sailing well beyond his target. Design of offense limited his need to make full-field reads. Has to become adept at working through progressions and playing chess against safeties. Needs to let routes develop rather than rushing anticipatory throws. Too many interceptions due to lack of vision, placement or decision-making. Threw interception vs. Troy against bracketed coverage he didn't see. Baited into bad-decision interceptions twice by Florida State cornerbacks. Has issues improvising away from initial, pre-snap plan even when pathway to target becomes muddy. Shotgun quarterback who, like Jared Goff, could take time getting used to huddling, pace of play-calling and drop-backs from under center.
NFL COMPARISON
Marcus Mariota
BOTTOM LINE
Teams will have to weigh the inconsistent field vision and decision-making against his size, athleticism, leadership and production. While not perfect, teams can add checks to both arm and accuracy boxes for Watson. However, discussions about whether or not his areas of improvement can be corrected will likely determine whether a team will view him as a high-upside prospect or a franchise quarterback. Watson's transition from Clemson's offense to a pro-style attack will obviously take time, but his combination of intangibles and athletic ability make him worth a first-round selection.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Dont use the NFL.com draft tracker as your scouting source. Its incredibly inconsistent. They have Jabrill Peppers as the #2 LB.

And moreover my original statement stands. If he were as good as you say he is, why are there 5 guys ahead of him? You yourself have him in the 2nd round.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Teams will have to weigh the inconsistent field vision and decision-making against his size, athleticism, leadership and production.

I dont care about athleticism. Old man Kurt took us to a superbowl, not Logan Thomas.

I absolutely resent the idea that size is more important than skill. Its the reason Russ Wilson went in the 3rd.

field vision and decision making are way more important than any of his strengths.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Thats not true.

Marcus Peters has been a pro bowl CB each of his 2 first years. Desmond Trufant was very good his rookie year. Jason Verret has been very good his first 2 years. A 1st round CB can absolutely be an immediate starter. He will lose a battle occasionally, but he will win more than he loses.

You just have a jaded view of rookies because Keim has a habit of taking 1st year busts who dont play till year 2. But there are plenty of great rookies in the league who play immediately.

You can freely make statements if you wish regarding players as definite if it represents your opinion but never make an assumption about other people's opinion as fact because I am sure the hell not basing my concerns regarding a rookie CB based on a DE or a OL guy but cornerback and I have been watching football longer than Keim's tenure and handling of draft picks... and my opinion says a rook can not handle the brunt of targets in our system opposite of Peterson :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard