Cardinals Cuts

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, Krang, I just stopped responding to cheese's posts because he was so rude and unreasonable. It's too frustrating to try discuss anything with him.

you just came into a thread discussing cuts and whether or not Swearinger is an above average or average safety, decided not to engage in either conversation and instead just lobbed insults... but I'm the problem here?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saying a post is ignorant isn't insulting.

There are topics I am ignorant about. If you bring up the Philadelphia Flyers, I'd be pretty damn ignorant.

I believe a number of posters on this board ARE ignorant in regards to Swearinger. PFF grade of 90. Pro Bowl alternate. Real good player, they say he is average, but two facts demonstrate otherwise.

Six previous seasons demonstrate otherwise, Krang. His last year with the Skins was the exception to the rule as far as the rest of his career where he's bounced from team to team to team to team to team.

and again, you hold up the Pro Bowl alternate as some kind of amazing honored bestowed. One Pro-Bowl alternate selection in SIX YEARS just isn't that impressive to me.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
for ONE SEASON, as opposed to being average the entirety of the rest of his career where he's been on 5 different teams in 5 years.

If the NFL only started existing in 2018, you'd be right. But you're completely ignoring the rest of the guy's career where he's been deemed expendable repeatedly after one season by numerous teams.

We must have watched a different player then, because Swearinger was a really good safety when he played here.

Half the board was up in arms when he left.

It happens fairly often that it takes a player a few years to get their career in track. With the Texans, his issue was penalties and attitude. He carried that same attitude with the Bucs.

Once he got to the Cardinals he was humbled and he became a much better player.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Six previous seasons demonstrate otherwise, Krang. His last year with the Skins was the exception to the rule as far as the rest of his career where he's bounced from team to team to team to team to team.

and again, you hold up the Pro Bowl alternate as some kind of amazing honored bestowed. One Pro-Bowl alternate selection in SIX YEARS just isn't that impressive to me.

LOL OK cheesbeef.

I'm not saying it's amazing, I'm saying it's proof he's playing better than EXPENDABLE AVERAGE PLAYER like some on here are saying.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree, but my point was that there ARE good players on this team.

Swearinger is objectively a good player. And some are saying he is average. They are just being pessimists.

The Cardinals WILL struggle to go 6-10, but Swearinger is part of the solution, not part of the problem.

and here we go again, making up an argument that simply doesn't exist. NO ONE but Nittany has said Swearinger is "a problem". Some of just don't believe he's a really good player. That doesn't mean he's some kind of problem or glaring hole that needs to be fixed. All good teams need average players to fill out the roster.

I just don't get why people have to continually distort others positions to bolster their own.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We must have watched a different player then, because Swearinger was a really good safety when he played here.

I saw some good with Swearinger and saw some bad.

Half the board was up in arms when he left.

Half the board is up in arms no matter what happens here.

It happens fairly often that it takes a player a few years to get their career in track. With the Texans, his issue was penalties and attitude. He carried that same attitude with the Bucs.

Once he got to the Cardinals he was humbled and he became a much better player.

Well, I'm someone who looks at the totality of a players career and need to see more than one above average season before I can say they've definitively turned a corner.

Why that's ignorant, crazy, ludicrous, rude and unreasonable according to multiple people on the board is beyond me.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
and here we go again, making up an argument that simply doesn't exist. NO ONE but Nittany has said Swearinger is "a problem". Some of just don't believe he's a really good player. That doesn't mean he's some kind of problem or glaring hole that needs to be fixed. All good teams need average players to fill out the roster.

I just don't get why people have to continually distort others positions to bolster their own.

Nittany Lion said he should be cut!!!

You think he's average, but people elsewhere say otherwise.

PFF says 90 grade, which is an ELITE PLAYER. An he received enough votes to make Pro Bowl alternate.

But I guess you watched every down of the Washington Redskins last year??? What a joke.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL OK cheesbeef.

I'm not saying it's amazing, I'm saying it's proof he's playing better than EXPENDABLE AVERAGE PLAYER like some on here are saying.

never did I say it's amazing. I just don't think it's proof of much, especially as the outlier in his career. Nor did I say he was expendable. I literally JUST SAID every team needs average guys to fill out the lineup. You keep distorting the argument.

But let me ask you this, since you keep coming back to the Pro Bowl alternate. Did you think Levi Brown was an above average player when he was named a Pro Bowl alternate? How about Honey Badger last year? That distinction just doesn't say all that much to me, especially for a guy who's only accomplished that feat once in his six year career.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
never did I say it's amazing. I just don't think it's proof of much, especially as the outlier in his career. Nor did I say he was expendable. I literally JUST SAID every team needs average guys to fill out the lineup. You keep distorting the argument.

But let me ask you this, since you keep coming back to the Pro Bowl alternate. Did you think Levi Brown was an above average player when he was named a Pro Bowl alternate? How about Honey Badger last year? That distinction just doesn't say all that much to me, especially for a guy who's only accomplished that feat once in his six year career.

He was a good player when he was with the Cardinals the first time.

I saw it with my own eyes, and apparently PFF agreed since he had an 87 grade that year as well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nittany Lion said he should be cut!!!

Are you even reading my posts? I SPECIFICALLY SAID NITTANY LION WAS THE ONLY PERSON WHO WAS SLAMMING HIM.

You think he's average, but people elsewhere say otherwise.

PFF says 90 grade, which is an ELITE PLAYER. An he received enough votes to make Pro Bowl alternate.

But I guess you watched every down of the Washington Redskins last year??? What a joke.

And here we are again... now my take is a joke, to go along with ignorant, ludicrous, crazy, rude and unreasonable.

Last year has been the exception to the rule of the rest of his career where he's bounced from five teams in five years. I want to see him actually do that consistently before I believe he's turned a corner and is an above average player. Why that's a joke is beyond me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was a good player when he was with the Cardinals the first time.

I saw it with my own eyes, and apparently PFF agreed since he had an 87 grade that year as well.

I watched with my own eyes also. Like I said, there was good and bad. And if he was so good, why did we make zero effort to keep him here. 3 years 13 million with the Skins isn't breaking the bank.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
A moderator reopens a thread just to violate forum rules?

How am I at fault?
Not saying anything about fault....... You just seem to be on tilt. Just take some time to breath before you hit reply.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not saying anything about fault....... You just seem to be on tilt. Just take some time to breath before you hit reply.

I am on a tilt?

Moderators have multiple times said not to call people out like Cheesebeef did and now a so called Moderator did ( who opened a closed thread just to call ME out).

I'm just defending myself and responding to those who are for some reason, seriously butthurt.

Maybe some tucks medicated pads would help.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'll take a ban, I dont care.

If moderators are going to act like children, what's the point on being here.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am on a tilt?

Moderators have multiple times said not to call people out like Cheesebeef did and now a so called Moderator did ( who opened a closed thread just to call ME out).

I'm just defending myself and responding to those who are for some reason, seriously butthurt.

Maybe some tucks medicated pads would help.

I asked you a question. Do you still think Swearinger is all that after 3 horrible games?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I asked you a question. Do you still think Swearinger is all that after 3 horrible games?

I think you arent acting the way a moderator should, reopening a closed thread to call out a poster for a personal vendetta.

And Swearinger has played like garbage. Still doesnt make what you are doing right. You still look like a small person.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson