2023 Cardinals Roster Cuts

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Just getting the thread ready. .tracking the cuts and waiver wire additions.

Offense
Quarterback Jeff Driskel
Quarterback David Blough

Offensive lineman Jackson Barton
Offensive lineman Cohl Cabral
Offensive lineman Hayden Howerton
Offensive lineman Braylon Jones
Offensive lineman Lecitus Smith
Offensive lineman Badara Traore

Wide receiver Andre Baccellia
Wide receiver Brian Cobbs
Wide receiver Davion Davis
Wide receiver Kaden Davis
Wide receiver Brandon Smith

Running back Ty’Son Williams
Running back Stevie Scott
Running back Corey Clement

Tight end Noah Togiai
Tight end Bernhard Seikovits
Tight end Joel Honigford

Long snapper Aaron Brewer

Defense

Defensive lineman Rashard Lawrence
Defensive lineman Jacob Slade
Defensive lineman Eric Banks

Safety Kendell Brooks
Safety Andre Chachere
Safety JuJu Hughes

Linebacker David Anenih
Linebacker Zach McCloud
Linebacker Kyle Soelle

Cornerback Bobby Price
Cornerback Quavian White

Last edited by a moderator:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Ron! I bet other teams are anxiously monitoring this too, waiting to pounce on the premium players that couldn't quite make the Cardinals 53.
Actually that might be just the type of players to go after. New coaches and a lot of new players. A recipe for:
*A good newbie falling through the cracks.
*A serviceable vet who is let go because the team is rebuilding and wants to get younger and cheaper.

It will be interesting to see if any of our cuts are picked up.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cardinals need to be on lookout for DL, RB and of course not limited to these positions. Our depth is lousy and Fotu can certainly be improved upon.
I hope that maybe I'm wrong, but I've been following the team like from forever and I've never seen a Cardinals team with a worse CB room. JMO, but I only see THREE guys that look to be NFL caliber players. Wilson, Clark and Hamilton. And yet, nobody else seems as concerned as I am. What/who am I missing?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope that maybe I'm wrong, but I've been following the team like from forever and I've never seen a Cardinals team with a worse CB room. JMO, but I only see THREE guys that look to be NFL caliber players. Wilson, Clark and Hamilton. And yet, nobody else seems as concerned as I am. What/who am I missing?
Also a valid concern. You aren’t missing anything.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Last season was worse in week 1

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see guys like Togai making the roster. You can stash those guys on PS and still have access to them if required.

Same with Zach McCloud. I don't think a 3 fairly basic sack game against 3's are going to get him a roster spot. He's a PS guy, although he may have other PS offers.

QB: McCoy, Dobbs, Tune
RB: Conner, Ingram, Clement
WR: Brown, Moore, Wilson, Pascal, Dortch, Davion Davis (ST)
TE: Ertz, McBride, Swaim
OL: Hump, Wilkinson, Froholdt, Hernandez, Johnson, Beachum, Gaines, Hayes, Daley

DL: Collier, Ledbetter, Fotu, Lawrence, Stills, Watkins
OLB: Collins, Ojulari, Thomas, Sanders, Gardeck, Luketa
ILB: White, Woods, Barnes, Pappoe, Turner
Safety: Baker, Thompson, Chandler, Chachere
CB: Wilson, Hamilton, Clark, Boyd

ST: Prater, Brewer, Cooney

Only 51 here has Kyler and Garrett Wilson to come off PUP so throw in any rando you want in the meantime. Say Togai at TE for now and Matthew at CB. Both to be waived later.

I only have Daley making the roster now as Elflein has been injured and Jones was traded.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see guys like Togai making the roster. You can stash those guys on PS and still have access to them if required.

Same with Zach McCloud. I don't think a 3 fairly basic sack game against 3's are going to get him a roster spot. He's a PS guy, although he may have other PS offers.

OL: Hump, Wilkinson, Froholdt, Hernandez, Johnson, Beachum, Gaines, Hayes, Daley

Only 51 here has Kyler and Garrett Wilson to come off PUP so throw in any rando you want in the meantime. Say Togai at TE for now and Matthew at CB. Both to be waived later.

I only have Daley making the roster now as Elflein has been injured and Jones was traded.
I have a hard time seeing Matthew being kept and agree that he's in danger of a WW replacement

He's been really bad this preseason

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a hard time seeing Matthew being kept and agree that he's in danger of a WW replacement

He's been really bad this preseason

Yeah I think he's PS bound. Might make it for now with Garrett Wilson on PUP but don't think he sticks.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Hope you're wrong about McCloud. He seems to bring some pass rush skills to the table. Heard the announcers say that MN either drafted him or signed him as an UDFA. So I would think that if we cut him they might claim him.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know that Pascal is considered almost a lock at WR, since JG brought him over from Philly. But, if it's a choice between him and the two Davis guys, I'm hoping we go with the Davis guys, since I haven't seen Pascal do anything in the PS.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Those are the two I see as well. Davis has looked good returning kicks and that's a skill the team could use.

I think it's Davion Davis that's been returning, not Kaden.

Kaden just had the 2 punt returns. Davion had 7 kick and punt returns. Averaged 21.8 on kickoffs and 17 on punts.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know that Pascal is considered almost a lock at WR, since JG brought him over from Philly. But, if it's a choice between him and the two Davis guys, I'm hoping we go with the Davis guys, since I haven't seen Pascal do anything in the PS.

Pascal, Brown and Wilson barely played. 6 targets between them.

I think Pacal played just 14 snaps in game 1 and likely because he's a lock all along.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Problem is I remember yesterday and the 1940's. Everything in between, not so much. Who were our top four going into last season?
Problem is I remember yesterday and the 1940's. Everything in between, not so much. Who were our top four going into last season?
Oaken, just remembered last year vs. this year. While I don't remember who the 4th CB was, but the top three were probably Murphy, Wilson and Hamilton. And this year, imo, the top three are Wilson, Clark and Hamilton, so I can't agree with your assessment. I do hope that Clark develops into something special, but feel we need another decent CB, and hope that NR and JG have someone in mind.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brit, you're probably correct about Pascal, but he did play 22 snaps in game two and I don't remember any catches. What are his receiving strengths?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brit, you're probably correct about Pascal, but he did play 22 snaps in game two and I don't remember any catches. What are his receiving strengths?
At the moment on official games didn't see much even from our new practise star Wilson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard