2023 Cardinals Roster Cuts

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
A lot of hope/trust. It's hard to hope and trust for me right now. We don't have any "this guy's going to be a solid pass rusher" guys that pop for me.
I think Cam Thomas will be, but I question his fit at OLB. He's a strong side DE in a 4-3 if I've ever seen one. His sack against the Vikings was super violent and he absolutely crushed the QB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think Cam Thomas will be, but I question his fit at OLB. He's a strong side DE in a 4-3 if I've ever seen one. His sack against the Vikings was super violent and he absolutely crushed the QB.
He is one reason I am a little bummed the Cardinals did not shift to an even front defense. I thought Cam would be perfect in one.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I am actually fairly happy with this group. There isn't any top end talent, but a lot of guys who are or could be above replacement level. And there is always a chance a player like Shaq Barrett breaks out a couple years in.
The Cardinals have essentially thrown a bunch of 2nd and 3rds at the position and they should see at least one of the guys turn into an 8-10 sack guy.

I doubt any turn into double digit sack guys, but the overall depth is good at there is a decent talent level there with Thomas, Sanders, Ojulari, and Gardeck to a lesser extent.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of hope/trust. It's hard to hope and trust for me right now. We don't have any "this guy's going to be a solid pass rusher" guys that pop for me.

Hope isn't given. It's generated. You choose to have hope. If someone has to show you before you have it then it's not hope by definition.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They did exactly the same thing.

They gave Brewer a 1 year deal on March 12th. They cut him in the final round of cuts to 53 then brought him back a few days later. You can read all about it here.

He's a long snapper on vet min who's been perfectly serviceable. I don't see them wasting their time looking for a new LS that's going to screw up Prater 10 days before the season starts. But you never know.

I don't know what I was reading yesterday because I was way off. My bad. I swear Sportrac showed something way different.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is one reason I am a little bummed the Cardinals did not shift to an even front defense. I thought Cam would be perfect in one.

We're still in an even front at least 66% of the time. And I'm pretty sure I've seen some 4-3 on 1st down too.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinals have essentially thrown a bunch of 2nd and 3rds at the position and they should see at least one of the guys turn into an 8-10 sack guy.

I doubt any turn into double digit sack guys, but the overall depth is good at there is a decent talent level there with Thomas, Sanders, Ojulari, and Gardeck to a lesser extent.

I have plenty of hope for the guys we have. I can't say I've seen anything yet that gives me confidence to say any of them will be good, including Cam Thomas.

We saw some bits in limited snaps, mostly as situational rushers which is the easiest job for a rusher.

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen some more games. But as K9 says it's a serviceable group at least.

There is an argument to be made for a bunch of decent guys over one star that gassed by Q4. We do at least have a bunch of guys with different skill sets and I wouldn't be surprised to see no set "top 2" but rather see 5 or 6 guys in rotation. Which will be hard for tackles to prep for.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I saw what it said today. I swear yesterday it showed something different though. I swear it showed a 2 year deal with dead money, which surprised me as to why he'd be cut. Lots of movement and I probably was on the wrong players page. Oh well.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We're still in an even front at least 66% of the time. And I'm pretty sure I've seen some 4-3 on 1st down too.

It looked like they were playing with 2 DL and 2 standup linebackers much of the time, with 2 LB and and 5 DB. We barely have enough bodies to do that right now. It's technically an even front, but it's soooo light it's hard to see how they don't get pushed around.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I have plenty of hope for the guys we have. I can't say I've seen anything yet that gives me confidence to say any of them will be good, including Cam Thomas.

We saw some bits in limited snaps, mostly as situational rushers which is the easiest job for a rusher.

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen some more games. But as K9 says it's a serviceable group at least.

There is an argument to be made for a bunch of decent guys over one star that gassed by Q4. We do at least have a bunch of guys with different skill sets and I wouldn't be surprised to see no set "top 2" but rather see 5 or 6 guys in rotation. Which will be hard for tackles to prep for.
Agree with most of this. I'd rather have an elite guy for those end-of-game situations, but I agree with the rest.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Starters and former pro bowlers that get cut are almost certainly vested vets that don't hit waivers.

The only players that hit waivers are unvested. 99% of which are guys on their 6th training camp that never played a snap or were UDA or late round rookies in the past draft.

The best guys you normally get on waivers are guys like a year 3 RB who's averaged 30 carries and 110 yards in his time in the league.
I owe you an apology then brother. I misread. I was speaking in terms of cuts, not waivers. I completely agree with you in that case. My bad!

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I'm completely bummed at the McCloud cut. I mean what more do you have to do to make a roster? For a defense that's not exactly brimming with playmakers, his depth (at a minimum) is what this team needs. I was genuinely excited for him to make it. Was it the tackle on the interception? LOL.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I'm completely bummed at the McCloud cut. I mean what more do you have to do to make a roster? For a defense that's not exactly brimming with playmakers, his depth (at a minimum) is what this team needs. I was genuinely excited for him to make it. Was it the tackle on the interception? LOL.
I totally agree with you, McCloud clearly outplayed Demukeje in the Preseason.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

He was going against 4th and 5th stringers who are no longer in the NFL.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson