Cardinals release DJ Humphries

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
My favorite memory of him is actually as a rookie, and seeing how much he grew into being a true team leader.

When he was a rookie Arians called him "Knee Deep" because he always needed a kick in the ass. Some of you might remember he didn't play a single snap until late in the season. Looked like a bust. When he did play in the preseason...and I will never forget this as I have never seen anyone do this before or since...he would sprint off the field to be the first at the oline bench. Not to sit on the bench, but to sit on the front seat of the injury cart right in front of the fan. :biglaugh:
Hump didn’t play a down his rookie season. Last active Cardinal to play in an NFC Championship game.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hump didn’t play a down his rookie season. Last active Cardinal to play in an NFC Championship game.
I thought he finally got out there on the FG team. I could be wrong.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured it would happen, but I hoped they would find a way to keep him on a restructured to see what he might gent at the end of the season and let him rehab with the team.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
So 9 millionish more in cap space. Let's see them use it.

I know Tyron Smith is probably older than Monti wants, but it's worth asking how much he wants for 2 years (you can structure it as 4 or 5 but make it 2 in reality).

Or, how about Jonah Williams? Lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's coming
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Isn’t Joe Burrow always taking a beating because his O-line is terrible pass blocking? Or did that change over the last couple years (hoping it did).

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Isn’t Joe Burrow always taking a beating because his O-line is terrible pass blocking? Or did that change over the last couple years (hoping it did).
Burrow will take a beating w any Oline. Holds on to the ball foreveeeeeer.. been his knock - even in college. Check any analysis of him and it’s one of, if not the 1st knock on him

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
There's a reason that a 26 year old former top 15 pick with 59 career starts and has not missed a snap in three straight years was sitting out in free agency and took this deal.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I assume the plan is to move Paris to LT unless we draft one in the first round.

I think the actual plan is more likely to draft an LT and start him potentially at LG this season before popping him outside.

I think it's more likely we trade up from 27. Williams signs a cheap, short-term deal with the hope the re-establishes himself as an LT and re-enters the market at 28 with some nice tape at LT.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
There's a reason that a 26 year old former top 15 pick with 59 career starts and has not missed a snap in three straight years was sitting out in free agency and took this deal.
There's a possibility he had already talked to Cards but nothing could/would be done until DJ was resolved. They had to agree to an injury settlement with him and could officially release him until today.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
There's a possibility he had already talked to Cards but nothing could/would be done until DJ was resolved. They had to agree to an injury settlement with him and could officially release him until today.
Another total non-sequitur. Why in the world would this matter in this context?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson