Cardinals are still trying to trade Jones!!

AzWins23

Reaction score
What do you guys think? What can we get for him..... maybe a 4th or 5 round pick?

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by AzWins23
What do you guys think? What can we get for him..... maybe a 4th or 5 round pick?

Apparently they tried to trade him yesterday and got no offers.

In what world can we get a 4th? Kyle Turley was only worth a 2nd.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
If we could get a 5th round pick for Jones I'd be happy with it. You'd think someone would bite just based on his "potential", his suitor would probably be someone further up the waiver chain, because he will get released and a team like Cincy(not gonna happen), Detroit or Houston could take their chances that they could snag him off waivers rather than make a trade.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Re: Re: Cardinals are still trying to trade Jones!!

Originally posted by Ed B

In what world can we get a 4th? Kyle Turley was only worth a 2nd.
Trung Canidate got the Rams a 4th...I think Thomas is worth about that if not packaged in a trade..

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
At this point I think Trung is a better back than TJ....at least the guy runs with heart,

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Re: Re: Cardinals are still trying to trade Jones!!

Originally posted by Ed B

I thought they tried to trade him to a particular team and they were not interested.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stronso
At this point I think Trung is a better back than TJ....at least the guy runs with heart,

Sorry but that just plain and simply is not true! TJ ran with much heart and conviction this last year he even gutted it out through almost the whole Charger game on a severe high ankle sprain(had a good game too). I dont know if you have ever had one but that is one of the most painful injuries!

He tried to gut it out the next week as well but voluntarily took himself out knowing he was hurting the team. Sorry but that showed pride and class!

I know many dont think he could garner a draft pick but I think he will look at the type of money that is given out to some of these FA this year who havent done squat or just have potential.

Someone will most likely take the chance on TJ and give up a lower round pick it really shouldnt shock anyone if it happens!

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I would take the last pick in the draft for him easy...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With everyone in the NFL knowing he's going to get cut, it's dicey we'll get anything. It's really not too bad of an idea for some team though. Give up a second day pick, get a guy with a one year deal at the vet min. Someone might find it worth it.

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
With everyone in the NFL knowing he's going to get cut, it's dicey we'll get anything. It's really not too bad of an idea for some team though. Give up a second day pick, get a guy with a one year deal at the vet min. Someone might find it worth it.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan

Yeah, but you give up a potential 4-year starter (a la that TE for the Fins, who came out of nowhere), for a guy with one year left on his deal.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Northern Card
What do you mean by vet minimum. It would seem to me that if you trade for him you must assume the contract or come to a new agreement.

The new team assumes only the salary. Jones salary is about 500K. The old team has to take all the signing bonus as a cap hit. This is why there are very few trades in the NFL.

As for giving up a chance at a good prospect, that's why getting anything for him is dicey. I think it'd be a team with fairly good depth already. None leap to mind.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn