Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good ole Fitz!

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
http://www.azcardinals.com/videos/v...an-Larry/3b838e93-1607-49f3-80c1-cdc58de70e3c

There's something special brewing with these group of players. So damn excited.
I just have the best feeling about this year, don't care how early it is.

Something Fitz said in his post game interview struck me. When they were asking him about his big day and he said this is the most talented team he's been on, and how stacked they are on offense, he said it's like lions on a kill.

He said he couldn't put his finger on it, but the whole day, from opening kickoff until the end just had a different "vibe" to it than he's used to. This, coming from a long time vet, with multiple playoff games and a super bowl appearance. He's seen everything. For him to say it had a different vibe makes me believe there's something very positive going on with this team.

I take those comments and BA's comments, when he said we answered anytime anything happened. I think that's something all Cards fans have been screaming for--when they score we score, when misfortune happens we grab it by the throat and stomp on it. When it's time to put them away we crush them. I was part of the game day thread and people were mad about Palmer being in and running up the score or being disrespectful at the end. No. John Fox deserved what he got after being okay with the cheap shot on Cambell last year in Denver. That's a comeuppance. Disrespectful would have been taking out one of their guys, we didn't do that, even after the cheap shot on Palmer's knee Sunday. What BA did do was stomp them in the dirt on the field. That's how you exact revenge. Destroy them fairly, within the rules.

And don't think this team doesn't feed off BA. We were like sharks. Fitz last TD exemplified what BA is about, totally. Fitz stiff armed his man into the dirt, made him look silly trying to tackle a grown man like Fitz 1 on 1, then Fitz scores and what does he do? He goes up and hugs the guy he just drove into the dirt and pats him on the helmet. That is BA's mentality come to fruition. (It reminded me of one of BAs first film sessions his first year, after Floyd caught a pass in practice and ran out of bounds and BA said, "That's fine in practice, but in a game you're going to stiff arm his ass right? Right?")

This team can be special, and it's obvious they know it.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we're one more big win away from me going "Josh McCown Is the Answer" on this team.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I just have the best feeling about this year, don't care how early it is.

Something Fitz said in his post game interview struck me. When they were asking him about his big day and he said this is the most talented team he's been on, and how stacked they are on offense, he said it's like lions on a kill.

He said he couldn't put his finger on it, but the whole day, from opening kickoff until the end just had a different "vibe" to it than he's used to. This, coming from a long time vet, with multiple playoff games and a super bowl appearance. He's seen everything. For him to say it had a different vibe makes me believe there's something very positive going on with this team.

I take those comments and BA's comments, when he said we answered anytime anything happened. I think that's something all Cards fans have been screaming for--when they score we score, when misfortune happens we grab it by the throat and stomp on it. When it's time to put them away we crush them. I was part of the game day thread and people were mad about Palmer being in and running up the score or being disrespectful at the end. No. John Fox deserved what he got after being okay with the cheap shot on Cambell last year in Denver. That's a comeuppance. Disrespectful would have been taking out one of their guys, we didn't do that, even after the cheap shot on Palmer's knee Sunday. What BA did do was stomp them in the dirt on the field. That's how you exact revenge. Destroy them fairly, within the rules.

And don't think this team doesn't feed off BA. We were like sharks. Fitz last TD exemplified what BA is about, totally. Fitz stiff armed his man into the dirt, made him look silly trying to tackle a grown man like Fitz 1 on 1, then Fitz scores and what does he do? He goes up and hugs the guy he just drove into the dirt and pats him on the helmet. That is BA's mentality come to fruition. (It reminded me of one of BAs first film sessions his first year, after Floyd caught a pass in practice and ran out of bounds and BA said, "That's fine in practice, but in a game you're going to stiff arm his ass right? Right?")

This team can be special, and it's obvious they know it.
Not a big deal, but it wasn't the guy he drove into the dirt that he hugged afterwards. It was Rolle that he hugged and he came into the play as Fitz was diving for the endzone.

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not a big deal, but it wasn't the guy he drove into the dirt that he hugged afterwards. It was Rolle that he hugged and he came into the play as Fitz was diving for the endzone..
Thanks for catching that. I DVRd it and saw the game twice and still didn't realize. Good catch.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
we're one more big win away from me going "Josh McCown Is the Answer" on this team.
I'm slow and don't know what you're getting at. Protecting Palmer is critical, true. But we can't play scared. I agree with BA and Palmer that they need to empty their bullets. Palmer maybe has a year or two left, at most. You squeeze everything out of him you can, look how hard he worked in the off-season, he looks better than he did when he first got here.

If anyone is upset about Palmer still being in Sundays game, get over it. This is football. You have to prove you can take a hit. And another one.

The killer mentality BA has instilled in this team, will pay huge dividends. Even our own fans thought we were going for it on 4th. Twice!! Our own fans!! BA must drive opponents insane. No clue what he will do. I know everyone hates the Pats, but they did the same thing for years going for it or faking on 4th down. It drove the league insane. That's what BA does to defenses.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm slow and don't know what you're getting at. Protecting Palmer is critical, true. But we can't play scared. I agree with BA and Palmer that they need to empty their bullets. Palmer maybe has a year or two left, at most. You squeeze everything out of him you can, look how hard he worked in the off-season, he looks better than he did when he first got here.

If anyone is upset about Palmer still being in Sundays game, get over it. This is football. You have to prove you can take a hit. And another one.

The killer mentality BA has instilled in this team, will pay huge dividends. Even our own fans thought we were going for it on 4th. Twice!! Our own fans!! BA must drive opponents insane. No clue what he will do. I know everyone hates the Pats, but they did the same thing for years going for it or faking on 4th down. It drove the league insane. That's what BA does to defenses.

it was an infamous old thread I started where I was over-dosing on Cardinals Kool-Aid. I'm getting close to that point again.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
One game at a time.

There is every reason in the world to be optimistic and then there is the curse. The Super Bowl year it went all the way to the last drive of the game before laughing and spitting in our face.

I will never forget Larry Fitzgerald saying NOOOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOOOO!

Stay frosty my friends it's a long season.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I said this on another thread, we have beaten two bad teams. It doesn't mean that we aren't a good team, but it doesn't mean that we are either. This team is TBD in my opinion.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said this on another thread, we have beaten two bad teams. It doesn't mean that we aren't a good team, but it doesn't mean that we are either. This team is TBD in my opinion.
+1

Week to week and game to game it changes. Tough schedule ahead for sure. Enjoying yesterdays win all week and it starts over on Sunday

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
My wife got a phone call from her brother, from Chicago, in the 2nd half. He turned off the TV!

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Nice rational and logical theory, you are wrong but I get how you came to your conclusion. ;)

BA stands for Bad A$$ and the team knows it. They will over come any obstacle and challenge, because BA wills it.

Seahawks are a shell of themselves defensively without Chancelor, 49ers lost 40% of their roster to FA and retirement and the Rams are simply the Rams.

Our weaknesses are at ILB and Pass Rusher. Minter is better then fans believe and we have been hurting at Pass Rusher more seasons than not.

Cards rule and the rest of the NFL drools. :D

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Nice rational and logical theory, you are wrong but I get how you came to your conclusion. ;)

BA stands for Bad A$$ and the team knows it. They will over come any obstacle and challenge, because BA wills it.

Seahawks are a shell of themselves defensively without Chancelor, 49ers lost 40% of their roster to FA and retirement and the Rams are simply the Rams.

Our weaknesses are at ILB and Pass Rusher. Minter is better then fans believe and we have been hurting at Pass Rusher more seasons than not.

Cards rule and the rest of the NFL drools. :D

how can anyone argue with logic like that? :)

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You were making some good points, but this isn't one of them. Minter is a liability at MLB. Slow to the ball on run downs and slow on coverage. Makes an occasional play, but not good enough IMO

I stand by my comment on Minter, he is better than most fans think and that includes you. He isn't great but he is keeping Spoon on the bench and seeing plenty of snaps.

Our run D is currently 10th best in the league in yds per game and 5th best in yds per attempt at 3.4 per. This is without a true run stuffing NT and a 220 ILber named Bucannon playing next to him. He can't be that bad is all I'm saying.

Reaction score
I stand by my comment on Minter, he is better than most fans think and that includes you. He isn't great but he is keeping Spoon on the bench and seeing plenty of snaps.

Our run D is currently 10th best in the league in yds per game and 5th best in yds per attempt at 3.4 per. This is without a true run stuffing NT and a 220 ILber named Bucannon playing next to him. He can't be that bad is all I'm saying.

+1

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
You were making some good points, but this isn't one of them. Minter is a liability at MLB. Slow to the ball on run downs and slow on coverage. Makes an occasional play, but not good enough IMO

MLB= Minter Lacks Boom.

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score
Like Lions on a Kill would make for a good MadJack banner.

Ha! Yes, I considered this one but it seems paying tribute to A-Dub is a no brainer. Lest we not forget all of those dog years in SDS when he hung with us. Plus, he knows the banner quite well so I hope it will give him a rush of sorts.

Thanks,
Madjack

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Have not heard the S word yet. Last year BASK were talking about the S word from early on, and look what happened. Jinxed, jinxed, jinxed.

But just in case, I've been checking hotel accomdations in Sta Clara for that week :)