Can Boldin really play with this injury?

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
And even if he tries, can he really be effective? Has anyone heard any info/speculation on local sports radio?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doubtful...

I'd be shocked if he plays on this two game road trip. I'd be surprised if he plays at all again this season.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doubtful...

I'd be shocked if he plays on this two game road trip. I'd be surprised if he plays at all again this season.

Yup. hes done!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow that hurts that boldin won't play this sunday, any news on if Fitz is going to be able play this sunday?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Boldin limited, No Fitz, no Berry, Green or Wilson and this team beat Cleveland...that deserves a BIG THUMBS UP!

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He didn't seem able to get much separation before this, I dont see any point in him playing. Let the man rest.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why doesn't he just tape it to the big toe, take the needle, and get out there?

P.S. I'm kidding!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
He should just save himself for the playoffs.

i had to say it :D.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Wow that hurts that boldin won't play this sunday, any news on if Fitz is going to be able play this sunday?
kurt 'the fitzgerald man crusher' warner doesn't throw to Q anyways. as long as fitz is back we will be fine.

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
Boldin is a wuss. I have had friends play soccer with broken big toes and bones broken in their foot. Dont' get me wrong, Boldin is by far my favorite player on the team, but he was medically cleared to play with his hip, didn't, and now a broken 2 toe is going to hold him out? Play to win and play with pain, you have to in this league.

By the way, I saw an interview with him and the reason he chose to play WR instead of RB in college after he was told he wouldnt be a QB, was because he didn't want to get hit. Not saying Boldin sucks or that I don't like him, but Kurt Warner is playing Q with a FKed up elbow.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boldin is a wuss. I have had friends play soccer with broken big toes and bones broken in their foot. Dont' get me wrong, Boldin is by far my favorite player on the team, but he was medically cleared to play with his hip, didn't, and now a broken 2 toe is going to hold him out? Play to win and play with pain, you have to in this league.

By the way, I saw an interview with him and the reason he chose to play WR instead of RB in college after he was told he wouldnt be a QB, was because he didn't want to get hit. Not saying Boldin sucks or that I don't like him, but Kurt Warner is playing Q with a FKed up elbow.

You obviously don't understand what a dislocated toe does to a person's balance and ability to cut and move.

But that's ok.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Whats your source for this interview? Boldin hardly plays like a man who doesn't want to be hit, Have you seen him play?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Whats your source for this interview? Boldin hardly plays like a man who doesn't want to be hit, Have you seen him play?

Not sure about the interview but there is a big difference between taking WR shots 5-10 times a game against LB's and DB's and takeing RB shots 20-30 times a game against NT, DT, DE, and LB's.

I honestly dont care what was said 6 years ago I only care about how he is playing right now. Just adding fuel to the debate thats all.:p

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
You obviously don't understand what a dislocated toe does to a person's balance and ability to cut and move.

But that's ok.
I personnally think he should sit out a game or two. With that said I do think he could play again this year if he sucked up a little pain in a few weeks. Most of your balance comes from your big toe any ways.

Warning-I did not sleep at a Holiday Inn Express lastnight...

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't want to question Q's ability to play with injury, but remember when Lomax's hip was so bad he needed a cortisone shot almost every week?

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
He made that statement on "In Their Own Words". Boldin is by far my favorite NFL player, but all these injuries that have him missing time other than his knee are real questionable. It is not a dislocated toe, it is broken, and its not his big toe. As i said, I personally know people who played soccer, a sport where you are kicking a ball and constant foot to foot contact, with broken bones in their feet or toes, big toe include.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He made that statement on "In Their Own Words". Boldin is by far my favorite NFL player, but all these injuries that have him missing time other than his knee are real questionable. It is not a dislocated toe, it is broken, and its not his big toe. As i said, I personally know people who played soccer, a sport where you are kicking a ball and constant foot to foot contact, with broken bones in their feet or toes, big toe include.

Dude - get real... You can question a few things about Q: his ability to keep his cool during a game for example, but Q's toughness is legendary... We'd be lucky if the rest of the team had half the heart and toughness of Boldin...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is not a dislocated toe, it is broken, and its not his big toe. As i said, I personally know people who played soccer, a sport where you are kicking a ball and constant foot to foot contact, with broken bones in their feet or toes, big toe include.

It is a dislocation, not a break.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2133

The dislocated toe Boldin suffered against Cleveland is a problem unto itself. But coming this year, when a hip injury kept him out three games and hampered his play since, the toe becomes the insult to the injury – especially with the Cardinals finally in playoff contention for the first time since Boldin came to the Cards.

~snip~

There was some “good” news about his new injury immediately after it happened. He didn’t break his foot, which was one of the initial fears. He didn’t dislocate his big toe, which – because the big toe supports all a person’s weight when running – would have ended his season for sure.

Instead, it’s Boldin’s second toe, and the wideout said the doctors and trainers are still looking to see if there is some device or splint that can be used to help the problem, a la Kurt Warner’s elbow brace.

If it were just a break, there wouldn't be much hullabaloo about it. It would be wrapped up and he'd play. And if he weren't even I'd be jumping on his case for it.

However, dislocations are tricky in that once you get that, if it doesn't heal well it will happen over and over and over again...which is why they are trying to create some magic "device" to splint it (and prevent it from continuing to pull out, causing more damage).

It would have been better all around if he had simply broken it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude - get real... You can question a few things about Q: his ability to keep his cool during a game for example, but Q's toughness is legendary... We'd be lucky if the rest of the team had half the heart and toughness of Boldin...

I disagree. I think he is tough, but it isn't legendary. This is another example of the "god-like" status that Boldin has on this board, some of it undeserved.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
I disagree. I think he is tough, but it isn't legendary. This is another example of the "god-like" status that Boldin has on this board, some of it undeserved.
I think in this day and age there is tough and then there is tough and smart. Boldin is certainly tough when 100%. He has proven it time and time again with making half the opposing defense trying to tackle and fail on more than one occasion. But when Boldin gets hurt he wants to be smart about his injury. Can't blame him at all which I think it is part of the reason he is so frustrated. He wants to play but he knows the smart thing to do is sit out.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is another example of the "god-like" status that Boldin has on this board, which is completely deserved and anyone who says otherwise shall be smitten down where they stand by lightning bolts from Almighty Q's hands.

ftfy...you can thank me for your salvation later.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ftfy...you can thank me for your salvation later.

bah.

I like Q, and love what he brings to the table. He is not the Cardinals savior.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All praise.

I adore Q, and love worshipping at his table. He is not only the Cardinals savior, but the world's protector.

Man, I can't keep protecting you...soon enough Q's all seeing eye will notice your original posts and the funeral won't be open casket.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I can't keep protecting you...soon enough Q's all seeing eye will notice your original posts and the funeral won't be open casket.

Maybe Q should keep his all seeing eyes and hands on the football instead.

Hey-O!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard