OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. Thanks for the info.:)

In battlefront you would start one one end of the map and the rebels had to take down a defense post the enemy had. If a rebel, attack the post, if enemy, defend it. Once one post was downed, the map would shift top the next post that the rebels need to take down.

There would be a time limit and if rebels didn't take down all the posts in that time frame, the opposition won and vice versa.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In battlefront you would start one one end of the map and the rebels had to take down a defense post the enemy had. If a rebel, attack the post, if enemy, defend it. Once one post was downed, the map would shift top the next post that the rebels need to take down.

There would be a time limit and if rebels didn't take down all the posts in that time frame, the opposition won and vice versa.
I'm a novice when it comes to gaming.
Trying to get back in to the gaming, but there is a lot of games that I missed out on.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a novice when it comes to gaming.
Trying to get back in to the gaming, but there is a lot of games that I missed out on.

Just takes time and patience when you dive back in, especially with online shooters.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah this CoD looks good. Back to the roots and none of the jump pack crap.

As I'm sure everyone knows in CoD MP you basically have to be very careful for the sniper or the guy just waiting for you to get into sight as you traverse the map.

But with jump packs you couldn't do that because guys were jumping all around as you tried to clear sight lines before moving to the next spot. Some guy jumps over a wall or whatever and you're screwed. You were damned if you did and damned if you didn't.

This version looks great.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im sure I will preorder this one, just waiting for some reason.

This, battlefront 2 and RDR2 seem to be all must buys for me. Star wars is in third place and might be squeezed out.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Darn, its missing the one thing I am curious of: how long the beta lasts. On xbox one it says if you pre order you get beta access sept 1st but I am assuming it is only for a weekend and then no more until the game comes out. I am not going to be able to play that weekend so I have been holding back on my preorder.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone else pre-ordered this, the weekend beta just went live a day early. Get ur fix!!!

I'ma play a little before my fantasy draft and then hopefully still have the energy to stay up too late after it playing more

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
playe da lot last night. loving it. The default sensitivity is too slow IMO. I made it one click faster and liked it better. might tinker more.

So far I suck, not buying a COD for 3 years probably contributing to that. Plus, still learning the maps and just running around dying while I do it.

The progressions are weird and difficult to understand a bit right now but that will come.

It FEELS great and thats what matters. lots of cool stuff. Incendiary rounds are cool, I dont have them but I have been shot by shotguns and lit on fire multiple times. This game feels like war. It is pretty brutal. I love it.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Code
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So final report back on the Beta: It's finally call of duty again. I love it. Enjoyed all the time I had with it. Took a while to play decent again, always does with new maps and rusty skills but is a fantastic multiplayer FPS. Very fun, realistic, graphics are good, maps are cool. Killstreaks now are "scorestreaks" so assists and etc help get killstreaks too. At one point I did a care package drop that gave me the paratrooper scorestreak. I dont know how many paratroopers it deployed but they got me 9 kills.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to come in at 5am tomorrow to work and get extra stuff done since I am leaving early for an appointment.

But this is going to be playable as of 10pm tonight.....

Anyone preordered a digital game yet? I suppose I can go home and just click it and make sure its installed and it will be ready to play at 10pm instead of me having to install it at 10pm?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I preordered digital. I need to download it before my Cox billing cycle starts up again.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I preordered digital. I need to download it before my Cox billing cycle starts up again.

lol

I don't know when my cycle happens but im downloading it on two Xboxes.

Can I queue it right when I get home so that once it is "released" I can play immediately?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol

I don't know when my cycle happens but im downloading it on two Xboxes.

Can I queue it right when I get home so that once it is "released" I can play immediately?

Yes. Usually a mini patch comes out at the stroke of midnight (10PM whatever) that you have to install that unlocks the game.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son bought Black ops 3 on a disc and apparently the original Xbox one only installs at 10mbps and it's a 65gb game. Obnoxious.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it did go live at 9, took about 20 minutes to get my xbox to stop being stupid. Started a zombie mode match with my son and realized I was so tired I couldn't really see the zombies and whatnot. turned it off and went to bed.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it did go live at 9, took about 20 minutes to get my xbox to stop being stupid. Started a zombie mode match with my son and realized I was so tired I couldn't really see the zombies and whatnot. turned it off and went to bed.

Question: Did you play the older Call of Duty WW2 Games? How does it stack up? I skipped the Beta. Didn't have time.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I essentially did the same thing. Played one round of local zombies with a buddy and turned it off. The zombies do not only come from the ground level anymore. They come from the roof and jump down so it makes you be on your toes.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question: Did you play the older Call of Duty WW2 Games? How does it stack up? I skipped the Beta. Didn't have time.
I probably got in to COD around modern warfare or something. I didn't really play COD2.

All I know is I played this Beta and it was the old school style call of duty I love. Very similar to modern warfare's play style.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I essentially did the same thing. Played one round of local zombies with a buddy and turned it off. The zombies do not only come from the ground level anymore. They come from the roof and jump down so it makes you be on your toes.

I never was a fan of the treyarch COD games so I really haven't ever played a zombie mode before. I owned all the infiniti ward ones. Each treyarch game I would try seemed to have way bigger maps and etc and just wasn't my cup of tea.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn